K2 Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UNDO - Button

An UNDO function in the SmartformsDesigner would be very helpful.

For example: Sometimes it is not possible, to bring table layouts to their original state without rebuilding the entire layout.

237 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Selecting multiple controls at once

It would drastically improve the design-time experience if we could select multiple controls on a view and edit their shared styles (for example the font size/color etc). Now each control has to be selected and updated separately.

186 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would be nice to be able drag and drop when repositioning rules. Eliminate the up and down arrows

This would improve productivity immensely if we could select a line and drag it up or down when repositioning it in the rules work area. Especially when working with massive and complex workflows. It can get very confusing and you can even lose site of the line you are moving. Lots of times I find myself canceling and starting over just so I don't mess up all my hard work.

157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. K2 Designer Recycle Bin

It would be really useful to be able to recover deleted controls, views, rules, forms etc. in a recycle bin. The edit and delete options are too close for comfort some times ;)

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bulk Show/Hide Views & Controls

In heftier application builds, it would be nice if we could bulk show & hide various views and/or controls on views. Example, I have 5 ticket types in an application. On my Edit form, I have 7 views that support editing said types (Type A, Type B, etc, and Ticket actions, Comments history). Being able to show two views and the controls that support those views would save on time-consuming rule creations.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Abilty to Print out Form without having to create/save as PDF

It would be very helpful to have the ability to add a print button to print out a "printer friendly" format of the form. We often have auditors ask for a printed copy of an electronic approval process and having to create a PDF is a little cumbersome and using the File/ print does not format very well.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incorporate the 'Check Out' and 'Edit' When working on a form or view

I don't understand the multiple step of first checking out a view and then editing the view. It seems to me that if I choose 'Edit' that it goes without saying that the form or view needs to be checked out. There may be something that I'm not seeing here but why can't these steps be incorporated into 1 step?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Forms / Views Rule Management

A couple of ideas here:

1. It would be very handy if we had the ability to select a group of rules (i.e., where there are nested rules if an advanced condition is met) in order to bulk-move them up / down the "full list" of rules as well as changing where they are nested in the overall rule structure.
    2. Secondly, having the ability to copy rules and reuse within a form or view or perhaps, even across applications, would save a significant amount of time.
    32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Custom Themes in K2 Cloud

Custom Theming is available in on-prem versions of K2 but this functionality isn't currently available in K2 Cloud. For those of us with heavily engaged marketing/branding departments, this is a particular pain point. We would like to have the ability to put together a custom theme and upload it to K2 for use in our K2 Cloud instance.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to "favorite" Smart Objects

When building a form view, I often find myself using the same smart objects over and over again. It would be nice to be able to "favorite" them and not have to fully expand the whole tree every time I want to use it.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Set Global Form Defaults (Fonts, Sizes, Weights, etc.) Independant of SharePoint Settings

Often we need forms to use different fonts, sizes and weights other then what the SharePoint site the form sits on uses. When we do, we have to change every control to adhere to the design changes that we want to get the form to look the way we want. If we had the ability to tell the form to stop inheriting these settings from the SharePoint site and to use these settings instead, then it would save a whole bunch of design time effort.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Tabs to be Formatted

Currently, we cannot format for the form tabs. This would allow for the fonts used on those tab labels to be the same as the ones we use on the form.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to search through code to find all refrences of a control or value

It would be nice if we had the ability to search through the views and forms for all the times we set a value to a specific smart object property or to a specific control. An example could be that I set code to hide a button. Months/years later, the process changes and I no longer need to hide a button. I can not remember if the hide command it on a form or a view or which form or views. I can search for the name of the button and it would pull up all instances of where the…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Form Closing Rule

We need the ability to prompt the user to save their data when the form is closing. This will prevent the user from losing information if they accidentally closed their browser. We could also use this event to auto-save form.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow expressions to be testable at design time in the Expression Builder

At the moment expressions can only be previewed in the designer, it would be really useful to add test functionality to the expression builder so that they can be tested at design time. Allow for the values of control properties etc. to be substituted in the expression designer and the result then checked without having to run the form to evaluate the outcome.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Group controls on form and allow rules to apply to a group

It would be great to be able to group several controls together and be able to apply a rule to all of the group--for instance, to be able to show or hide a group of controls based on the current workflow task. Right now if there's 10 controls that need to be hidden, that's 20 rules--10 for the control, 10 for the labels for the controls.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using Table to format View

It would be very helpful if views could be inserted into tables on a form. This would allow us to put multiple views next to a single view. Currently, the only way to do it is to write javascript.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Viewing other workflows, forms, views by other authors

It would be very handy (especially while learning) if you could look at someone's form / views / workflows without checking out the file(s) or workflow. Basically a read-only instance of the forms, views, and workflows that allows you to see how something is configured (with viewing rules, etc.), but without the check-out.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Picker Control Resolution UX improvement

When a picker is resolving and it can't identify a single item it gives the "Unresolved elements found" message. Our end users do not find this intuitive and most think that it is in error.

The preferred option would be for it to automatically pop up all of the possible options that meet the criteria (see screenshot) and have the user pick there instead of the "unresolved elements found"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom 'Error' messages

We find ourselves creating unique rules in order to provide user-friendly notifications/message to our end users. If possible, we would like either the option to modify the error message ourselves or an easier way to update the experience without "creative work-arounds" in view/form rules.

Two examples:

• Picker controls resolving
    • When a worklist item has already been completed by one of the users in the user task
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base