K2 Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to mark a view as a header view

We often inject a small bit of javascript to move the first view on the form above the tabs on the form.

It would be much better if we can mark a view to not be part of a tab, but be above the tab lines.

We could call it a 'header checkbox' but i think we would also need some way to put multiple views above it, if we would want to (so you could check the checkbox on multiple views).

It might be practical to have the same for the footer view.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Save Expressions

Would be useful to save all expressions created into a common place, so they could be called in a new form/view instead of having to recreate the same expression again.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. please bake the Name setting into the name attribute on *every* element in the DOM

why is a textarea lacking the name attribute, when other items (views, auto-completes, text boxes etc) are not?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Custom Error Messages on Form - Worklist Open

Our users are confused by the attached "error" message when they attempt to open an already completed task through a SmartForm. Typically this occurs when the user uses the link from an email notification.

It would be nice if we could give the users more information as to WHY they can't open the worklist item. For instance, "it has already been actioned by somebody else" or "another user has the task open", etc.

Generally, when they see "Error" they believe that something has gone wrong, which isn't necessarily the case. The task just doesn't need their attention anymore, and we'd…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. address autocomplete control in K2 Cloud

There is a custom control available for K2 Five that would be a wonderful standard addition to K2 Cloud: the address autocomplete that is referred to by Deon Smit in this article: https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Address-AutoComplete/ba-p/66828/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove duplicates from dropdown connected to a SharePoint list.

Let's say I have a SharePoint list of employees, their department, work schedule and manager. I would like the ability to utilize this data in say a Departments dropdown in a SmartForm without seeing duplicate departments. This was done with the click of single checkbox in antiquated InfoPath.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Themes in K2 Cloud

Custom Theming is available in on-prem versions of K2 but this functionality isn't currently available in K2 Cloud. For those of us with heavily engaged marketing/branding departments, this is a particular pain point. We would like to have the ability to put together a custom theme and upload it to K2 for use in our K2 Cloud instance.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Material Theme for SmartForms

This will make SmartForms look modern and dynamic. https://material.io/design

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add "Cards" list view for better mobile experience

Multiple columns in list views don't look good on mobile because the columns extend off the screen. It would be great to have "cards" to be able to list multiple records with multiple fields in a single column. This would significantly improve mobile user experience. We should have the ability to configure card "templates" which repeat for each record.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Form Closing Rule

We need the ability to prompt the user to save their data when the form is closing. This will prevent the user from losing information if they accidentally closed their browser. We could also use this event to auto-save form.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add new Office UI Fabric Theme

It would be fantastic to have an Office UI Fabric theme to replace the SharePoint 2013 theme. This will produce a consistent experience for users in Office 365/SharePoint Online

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a Toggle Control

We would like to have an OOB toggle control to allow the user to easily select between two options (Yes/No, Approve/Reject, On/Off, etc)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clone Forms and select views to clone

We need to be able to clone a form but select which views to also clone.

We build form and often use reusable components.

When we clone a form we would like to be able to select which of the views to clone instead or a blanket clone all views.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Click Event to Label and Data Label

Allow ability to perform actions when a label or data label is clicked. This could make them perform similar to buttons

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pull additional people details into the Picker Control Search

In our company of 50k+ we have many people with identical names and it can be difficult for end users to differentiate between them. If possible it would be nice to replicate the look of a global address list in Outlook.

Automatically having the email, location, and job title would be a huge improvement for our end users. As you can see from my screenshot, it would be impossible to pick a Jose Rodriguez and would be sheer luck to end up with the correct one.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upload and reference a different style sheet

To piggy back onto the custom class property (https://ideas.k2.com/ideas/APIT-I-187) . It would also be nice to be able to apply a custom style sheet to the application. During the application creation, the user could attach a custom style sheet (or a duplicate of the current one could be added.) All forms and views would use this style sheet and the developer could make changes to the style sheet, add new class rules, upload a replacement in the event they worked on one offline.

When you went to the style panel for a control, it could show you the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to search through code to find all refrences of a control or value

It would be nice if we had the ability to search through the views and forms for all the times we set a value to a specific smart object property or to a specific control. An example could be that I set code to hide a button. Months/years later, the process changes and I no longer need to hide a button. I can not remember if the hide command it on a form or a view or which form or views. I can search for the name of the button and it would pull up all instances of where the…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to place controls/views above/along side the tabs in a form

Currently you can only have tabs at the top of a form. I have had forms where we would like to keep one view above the tabs as a "general information" area and the tabs toggle through sections below that area.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for appended rich text in K2 forms

I had a requirement recently to add appended text to one of our support forms so the engineers could see the last comments and add new comments. In SharePoint this is very simple > enable versioning > select to column and change to append text. I tried this in K2 and after a support session it was apparent this isn't supported without a lot of changes which make it very complicated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to "favorite" Smart Objects

When building a form view, I often find myself using the same smart objects over and over again. It would be nice to be able to "favorite" them and not have to fully expand the whole tree every time I want to use it.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base