K2 Five

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow additional REST Headers

An extremely common authentication method in the REST world is using an Auth token, which is passed in with every REST call as a header.

K2 doesn't allow the addition of headers. There is a default header setting for the service broker but auth tokens are both short lived and shouldn't be placed in an insecure location. So I can't use this as an option.

This hinders me from using many REST services. Please allow the addition of REST Headers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  SmartObjects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a button "Undo" in Rich Text Box

In a view or a form, the "Rich text" control is very interesting and personally I use it very often. But in my opinion, an "undo" button is missing (like in Word).

Would it be possible to add it ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Elaborated Error description

When an error occurred we don't see user friendly error message. There should be descriptive error message which shown on what rule/view the error is coming so that we can directly check that rule instead of debugging whole form.

Also with GUID entity name also should mention.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In multi-server farms indicate the server that a process error was raised on.

Add to the Error Logs a column that contains the name of the server that a process was being executed by when it went into an error state.

Access to some Production servers in certain environments to be able to look at error logs can be an onerous process. If the server name was included in the error log then this would aid in being able to identify where to focus analysis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Workflow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smart action to identify the user who take an action via email

using smartaction user can directly reply via email for the task that assigned to them. this one works perfectly but there should be an SMO or way to identify the user who took the action or reply via email.

We need this for auditing and report purposes.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Functionality to wait for any condition (including external resources) in a workfow

At the moment. there is no way to configure a wait event in a workflow for reaching a specific date or a condition comes true.
    It's necessary to have the possibility to configure your own rule. It must be possible to use/combine data fields and stored procedures (or other external resources) to define a condition and wait until condition is true.

For example:

IF

StoredProcedure1 = true

and

Field1 = true

and

Field2 = true

THEN go

ELSE wait

When a workflow needs to wait for a different workflow to finish before it can self move on, and this can…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PDF Auto download after creation

Creating PDFs has been possible for sometime now, but to surface the PDF, you have to either use an Odata connection to the smart object and browse to the file or surface it back using a field and the user has to click again. It would be very helpful to add an auto download capability. This helps with a whole lot less clicking!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Interactive Image control

It would be good if K2 could host an interactive image control. The only way to do this currently requires JavaScript, and I 've come across various issues.

Full detail can be found on my K2 Community Post: https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Five/Interactive-Image/m-p/116316#M5782

Explanation

When the user runs a SmartForm, they can click on an image, and depending on whereabouts they have clicked. Logic is in place to carry out a certain action.

Summary

For example, imagine an image of a map, which is split into simple shapes/grids to represent different rooms. The user clicks on the image to specify where an accident took…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ability to set the Process and Activity Priority at run time

In K2 4.7 I used to be able to change and set the Process and Activity Priority via server event.

if (K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["Priority"].Value.ToString() == "")

{

K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["Priority"].Value = "Medium";

}

switch (K2.ProcessInstance.DataFields["Priority"].Value.ToString())

{

case "High":

K2.ProcessInstance.Priority = 0;

break;

case "Medium":

K2.ProcessInstance.Priority = 1;

break;

case "Low":

K2.ProcessInstance.Priority = 2;

break;

}

The above code sets the Process Priority based from the UI input. Basically, say, a user changed the Priority from Low to High from the UI. Upon submit of a button, the above server event code will set the Priority accordingly based from the user's input.

I can not…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SmartObjects  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "IN" conditional operator and "IN" logical function

When there is a need to configure an if VariableA = 1 OR 2 OR 3, it can be tedious to make this configuration.

Having a IN Logical function and/or an IN condition operator; that accepts perhaps a comma separated or semi-colon delimited list of values will make this configuration simpler/quicker.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. K2 Server identification in SmartForms

Hi,

In load balanced K2 environments like we are running, sometimes one of the nodes has issues which impacts only users served by this server and other user are not impacted. To easier identify which server (server name) is providing the runtime to the user it would be helpful to retrieve the server name and be able to display it on a SmartForm. E.g. via a data label.

This information could be part of the Context Browser "System Values" and then be used in rules.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Possible to Check In the forms by a user if the views under the forms are checked out by another users.

Currently, If a view used in a form is checkout, Its not possible to check in the form. But this block should not be available if different user's are using the related forms and views.

Consider, A Form with View 1 and View 2 checked out by users A and B.

When A check in the form, the blocking to view check In will happen which id fine.

But if View 1 Checked In by A and When A, tries to Check In the form, It should be possible since View 2 was check out by a B (Different), which…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. K2 Workspace - Ability to navigate between Offline forms

When offline on a mobile device, it is not possible to navigate between offline forms.

For example, I have a button on a Form. The rule behind the button navigates to a another Form. Both Forms are set for Offline availability.

In runtime, when clicking on the button you are presented with a ERRCACHEMISS error.

I was advised to log this a feature request.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow completed workflows to be reinstated

Sometimes a user will accidentally select an action that completes a workflow (such as selecting "Disapprove" instead of "Approve". When this happens and the workflow has ended, there is currently nothing that can be done to fix this. The best we can do right now is to start a new instance of the workflow and have it go back up the approval chain, which is unacceptable to our users. It would be very helpful if there were a way to to "reinstate" a workflow at the prior step.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide support for latest .NET Core version for on-prem customers

Currently K2 Five 5.4 installation requires .NET Core 2.1.7 according to our compatibility matrix. That version of .NET CORE reaches EOL on August 21, 2021 as seen in this page from Microsoft:

https://endoflife.software/programming-languages/server-side-scripting/dotnet-core

Provide support for latest version of .NET Core for a longer support lifecycle of the on-prem K2 Five software. This could be for 5.5, for example.

This affects K2 Customer GenRe. Their security team has identified a security flaw in .NET Core 2.1 and wants to remove from K2 server, however that is the latest version we support. GenRe has confirmed 5.4 will not run with .NET…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Integration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding more Rules IF THEN or a rule for Each Descision / Split Path

We have much Problems to build Workflows as good as in 4.7. We used line rules and predeceding rules in nearly every workflow. For example when you had 4 check boxes and a Task for every check box which should only run when the Checkbox is clicked. We had massavie Problems to rebuild this easy.

I think it would be great, if you could add a logic per split line or descicion oder add more than one IF THEN in one logic

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Easier way to save a form

When I modify a rule, saving it force met to click on OK, confirm a message, move my mouse to the save icon and then click save. 9 times out of 10 I have to open up the rule again. This takes up lot of time when debugging and testing.

Please make this save action a lot more faster. E.g. click on save without closing all the windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. K2 Package and Deployment involves Custom Workspace deploying

Custom Workspace is always used by K2 Five Workspace user. But when the menu added on the test/dev environment, I have no ideas to transfer it to the proc environment. Can the Custom Workspace settings can also be involved in the package that we can simply deploy the Custom Workspace and encourage us to use it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Package & Deploy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add a Color Picker control

I thought K2 had a Color Picker in the toolbox, but I was wrong. It would help us to have one that returns a HEX, RGB, or CMYK value.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base