K2 Five

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Grid Control on SmartForms

We would like to have the flexibility of adding a Grid Control on SmartForms Designer. That Grid Control we would like to have it configured to point to a Smart Object. That Grid Control should support all CRUD operations. Sorting, Grouping and Paging is also something very useful in this kind of controls.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full row conditional style

It could be more than useful to be able to add a conditional style for a listview full row, instead of per each field, in order to apply the typical enabled/disabled item formatting.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Designer SmartForm rename / system name

When an object is renamed in designer the corresponding system name does not change. this creates confusion for other developers.

For example, I renamed a SmartForm, but the name used in the corresponding Workflow stated the same because it is using the system name.

Although my request is for SmartForms, this applies to other objects as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. User IP Address

I have requirement to track user IP address in which user has taken action to have track. and we are looking for no code based solution. if the product have this control will be good.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Multiple Image attachments capability

It will be really useful if Image attachment control can give ability to upload multiple images at a time instead of creating a list view. Right now it is very difficult achieve it layout wise we end up creating a list view. All competitive software are offering this feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Bulk file upload/attachments control

We need a control to quickly upload multiple documents into K2 with drag and drop functionality. The current attachment control only allows a single upload at a time through the item and list views.

The new control should be able to handle one or more files. Users can drag the files into the control area and attach to the form.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Client Timezone to Context Browser under System Values > Client.

Add "Timezone" and "Timezone Offset" to the "Client" section of the context browser under "System Values", along with Screen Height, Screen Width, Platform, User Agent, and Browser Culture SHOULDN'T be too hard for you guys to do and would solve this problem WAY easier than what I just went through.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Possibility to maintain more icons (custom icons) for the ToolBar Button control

The existing Icons are nice, but there are some many possibilities to use the toolbar button. For that and for a good user experience and state of the art it would be great to get a possibility to extend the Icons with customs ones

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add page break for save as pdf control

This idea will be useful for user that want to generate their forms as reports. With a page break function / customade page break will control the file to be more neat than current version. User also can separate their fields by section.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Basic Label Text styling without diving into the style builder - K2 Five Designer

A lot of times when creating something, it is necessary or ideal to style labels. Most times the style is quite simple, such as Bold text, or increasing the size of the font. I feel like it would be helpful to have those options available in the same area as the change control type area, expressions area, table rows area. It would speed up the design process. Perhaps implementing the basic CTRL+B for bold text, etc. Maybe even adding an option for the "create labels and controls" feature for bolding all of the labels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AutoComplete Strict Validation at the control level

Would it be possible to be able to define Strict Validation at the control level instead of globally by changing the Web.Config file?
    I feel like there is certain instances in which I would like one vs the other, but it's not necessarily a one size fits all thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Wiping control (for K2 Workspace app)

We do get a lot of request for new forms and features to add for using the K2 forms in the mobile (K2 Workspace app).

One of the is a state of the art feature which you can see nearly in every mobile app right now.

It's wiping. Wiping with the finger from the left to the right screen or vice versa to move to another screen.

This feature is pretty nice but also pretty common in apps.

Unfortunately not in K2.

We do need that kind of feature/control!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enhance Hyperlink control to allow file path reference "file:///filepath/filename" or UNC path

Our organization saves files to shared locations all the time. Instead of saving the file to a smartobject column where it'll be static and require updates, it would be better to reference the file with a hyperlink to the file location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to view a Form or View without checking it out

I would like to be able to view forms and view without having to checkout or edit the form. There are times that I just want to view how I coded something without making accidental changes to the code. If I forget to discard checkout right away, I forget if I actually made changes to this form or view. At that point, I just check-in the form again and could possibly added something incorrectly to my form or view.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Copy and Paste Rules

Example: I have one rule I want to split into two. Rather than having to re-create all conditions and rules, it would be great to copy the rule, and delete from each the conditions that no longer apply.

373 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add visual widgets, nav elements, and charting to K2 Forms

I swear I've submitted this before, but it's not in My Ideas. Forgive me if it's a duplicate of another.

FYI, we're on K2 5.1 (soon to be 5.2) on-prem.

I see a fairly easy way for K2 to distinguish itself from its competitors on the Forms side. Why not create various widgets, which would be controls draggable onto the form from the Toolbox, and powered by data from SmartObjects:

• Accordion. Hook it up to a SmartObject to determine the headers, sub-items, and URLs they link to (if desired).
    • Fly-out / megamenus. A SmartObject would dictate the structure of the…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Copy and Paste SmartForm Controls

It's be requested for copy and pasting of rules, but the copy and paste functionality should go far deeper and at least in supporting the duplication of controls in the SmartForm designer.

When creating controls with specific formats, sizes etc having to drag and drop them one by one and go through the configuration process is a waste of time and effort. It would be far more efficient to be able to copy and paste objects as you would in a normal IDE.

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Looking for more flexible view layout on forms

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that when you place multiple views in a row on a K2 form, they're automatically set to have equal widths on the form (with each one at 50%). The width can be decreased on each one so they're below 50% of the form, but not increased. See the attached file, where it shows the view as at 100% of its possible width and won't let me go over 100%.

I'd like to be able to have a more flexible layout so I can change the widths to be 60/40, 70/30, etc. I googled this,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Open File Attachment in new tab instead of downloading it.

Or make it a choice. Whether it can be downloaded when user click the attachment, or it can open in the new tab. This would ease user to view the document/file content instead of downloading it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the Forms look more modern

When compared to every other Enterprise Application we use, K2's SmartForms look like something straight out of the 90s. Please make it look like at least something out of late 2000s!

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base