SmartRules: Reusable Public Rules (to be used in every Form, View and Workflow)
Considering, SmartRules would have the following type of variables:
- Input parameters
- Data fields/Variables (to be used as temp data storage for example to transform, transfer and calculate data, etc.) So, data which is only available during rule execution.
- Output parameters
With SmartRules you would have the ability to:
- Create your own library of reusable business rules and use them in other views, forms or workflows to avoid creating the same rules for every Form and Workflow
- Run client side or server side
- Make them available as an expression
- Combining output of multiple SmartObjects
- Available in the Category Browser
SmartRules should have conditions like:
- If Conditions (Comparisons with Input parameters, Data fields/variables, Output parameters)
- Nested conditions
- Exception handlers (error handling/error occurred)
- For each conditions
- Switch conditions
and should have actions like:
- SmartObject executions
- Transfer Data
- Execute another rule
- Showing a message
- Sending an Email
- Navigate to a form or URL
- SubView/SubForm interactions
- Closing the browser
- Workflow interactions (start, open, action (SN required))
- Stop rule execution
- Continue to next execution
With SmartRules, there are no specific defined interactions with controls, views and other K2 elements due to re-usability. Those rules should still be used inside Views and Forms. With SmartRules you interact with predefined Parameters or SmartObjects executions. SmartObject outputs can be transferred to parameters and parameters can be used as input/filter for SmartObjects.
So SmartRules are like unbound rules but then more flexible for faster developing, avoiding SQL stored procedures and avoiding duplicate rules.
Please write down your comments below about is idea. Let me know if I missed something or if you have better ideas!
And last but not least:
Promote and VOTE this idea within your organization to push it on top of the trending page!
This Idea in combination with the ability to copy and paste rules, would be very nice as well!: https://ideas.k2.com/ideas/APIT-I-106