Overhaul the UI for creating SmartObjects
There are some questionable design choices in the SMO editor within K2 Designer. When working with only a few methods, params and properties, it's fine but as soon as you start adding more to an SMO it becomes difficult to use and manage.
Basic features that are needed:
- Allow sorting of properties by type or name.
- Design a way to see which properties are used by which methods
When editing a ServiceObject method:
- If you maximise the screen, only the bottom part gets larger. This makes it very difficult to see parameters if there's more than 4-5. The bar in the middle should be moveable so more screen real estate can be given to either input or return properties.
- The popup for "map ServiceObject property" is too small and should have a different way of selecting properties/parameters than dropdown lists. Also, if you're on an input property, it's quite likely you will want to add a parameter, not an SMO property, so default the options accordingly.
- If using 'Create all', ask if I would like to use existing items before just automatically creating a series of new properties with (1) on the end of the name.
And as a side note, please look at adding version control of some sort to Smart objects, similar to views/forms.