Add visual widgets, nav elements, and charting to K2 Forms
I swear I've submitted this before, but it's not in My Ideas. Forgive me if it's a duplicate of another.
FYI, we're on K2 5.1 (soon to be 5.2) on-prem.
I see a fairly easy way for K2 to distinguish itself from its competitors on the Forms side. Why not create various widgets, which would be controls draggable onto the form from the Toolbox, and powered by data from SmartObjects:
- Accordion. Hook it up to a SmartObject to determine the headers, sub-items, and URLs they link to (if desired).
- Fly-out / megamenus. A SmartObject would dictate the structure of the menu. K2 could place a reasonable limit on number of sub-menus.
- Photo slideshows or grids. Hook it up to a SharePoint image library or other SO and show pictures, with options like:
** How many seconds to show each picture
** URL each pic is linked to
** Whether the slideshow wraps around
** Paging on/off, and number of items per page
- Simple bar graphs and charts. Select the axes from SmartObject columns.
- Carousel slider. Show images primarily for purposes of navigating to a link. Options to show dots beneath the images, arrows at left and right, caption text over each image, etc.
Everything could be themable via the existing K2 themes, ideally with custom CSS too.
Just a few ideas that could help K2 become a contender with services like LiveTiles. We'd love to be able to drop these sorts of views into forms and pages. They'd enhance forms by showing important contextual data while the user fills them out.
Thanks for considering it!