SharePoint Group Provider non-dependency on Site Title
Activation of K2 to SharePoint site collections will register a SharePoint Group Provider using the Site Title and fails when the same Site Title exists. This causes headaches in the following scenarios:
On Premise only or Online only:
- IT has a site collection 'https://k2.denallix.com/sites/IT', but wants the site title to be 'Home'.
- Human Resources has a site collection 'https://k2.denallix.com/sites/HR', but wants the site title to be 'Home'.
- Client has hybrid environment with both SharePoint On Premise and SharePoint Online
- In SharePoint on-premise, there is a site collection 'https://k2.denallix.com/sites/HR' and site title 'Human Resources'
- In SharePoint Online, there is a site collection 'https://denallix.sharepoint.com/sites/HR' but also with site title 'Human Resources'
Perhaps the site title should be as a display only value and an internal id/field/url should used to differentiate between SharePoint group providers instead; this would allowing for Group Provider with the display name, but different URL.