K2 Five

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add offline forms to Windows devices, such as surface

Offline forms are available for all mobile device platforms with apps, except Windows. Please add this feature, so surface users can benefit from using forms offline.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adding column click or column double click event in the list view

I'm coming from MS Access world (building apps) and there you could build an event when the user clicks or double clicks the specific column in the list view (the specific cell so to speak). In K2 there are only two list view events possible - the click and the double click event for the whole item (row). This is quite limited. If you want to make an amendment to specific cell under certain conditions (and you don't want your users to edit the whole row), or open different subviews for different columns or do any other actions related to…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Style Profile - "Effect" Support On More Items

The new Style Profile is great and can allow for fantastic styles on smartforms, but some of the cool features are not (yet?) supported on all objects, and for example the "Effect" variables, used to apply CSS functions like blur() are missing on Views and Panels, which would be awesome to apply a frosted glass effect on forms with a background image.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sort Order of Service Instance Methods

When creating SmartObject methods in the designer, Service Instances are not listed alphabetically which can make it difficult to find the instance you are wanting to refer to if you have a lot of services integrated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow Overwrite checkedout Views/Forms

Sometimes appear a View / Form checked out and will be really nice to have the Admin account the ability to overwrite checked out Views/Forms to be pacakged or continue editing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to launch the Run/Test URL within the editor

Will it be possible to launch the run/preview of the form/view within the edit window instead of exiting the editor, launch it from the info page and then go back to the editor again? It will save me quite a number of clicks...

Even though I developed the habit of launching it in another browser tab, it is still annoying if you didn't do it from the start.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wiping control (for K2 Workspace app)

We do get a lot of request for new forms and features to add for using the K2 forms in the mobile (K2 Workspace app).

One of the is a state of the art feature which you can see nearly in every mobile app right now.

It's wiping. Wiping with the finger from the left to the right screen or vice versa to move to another screen.

This feature is pretty nice but also pretty common in apps.

Unfortunately not in K2.

We do need that kind of feature/control!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unique Styling for Controls.

With Present K2 4.6.11/4.7 version styling of control is controlled by the CSS template that is used rather than the styling property. As such, changing the styling property of the control is not change anything.

We would like options to provide styling for each controls

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PDF Auto download after creation

Creating PDFs has been possible for sometime now, but to surface the PDF, you have to either use an Odata connection to the smart object and browse to the file or surface it back using a field and the user has to click again. It would be very helpful to add an auto download capability. This helps with a whole lot less clicking!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display Yes No Values in a table in a more user friendly way [Duplicate]

Currently when you have a boolean field and display this in a table, it just shows as true or false. It would be nice to be able to choose how to display this in a nicer way, for example have the option for Yes or No instead of True or False, or to have this as a readonly checkbox.

Edit: I've been notified that this is a duplicate of idea APIT-I-1040, so this can be closed and just look at that idea

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Barcode Scanning support for Web

The barcode scanning tool now works for iOS and Android. Can we get it to work for mobile web pages (or any web page)? I want to use it on an application with anonymous access, but the mobile app doesn't support anonymous access (another request).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow drop down (or any other) control also on forms

Currently you need a view if you want to add a drop down control. Why is it not possible to use the drop down (or any other) control also on Forms

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. (K2 Five) Picker field should act more like a filter box

This is basically a clone of https://ideas.k2.com/ideas/APIT-I-63, but I wanted to suggest it for K2 Five specifically.

Make the Picker field more like an Autocomplete field, as the suggestion at https://ideas.k2.com/ideas/APIT-I-63 says. The red "unresolved elements" message is an unnecessary step in the middle of getting to your list of options.

The best UX approach here would be something like this:

User starts typing, autocomplete suggestions start appearing in a list beneath the box. Alternatively, a dropdown arrow at the right could allow you to list out all the possible options with a scrollbar to see them all.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PDF viewer control

Since some years it it is possible to save a SmartForm as PDF or store a PDF in the database, but it was not possible to display a PDF in SmartForms again which was previously stored there. It is actually a very comon business requirement to check documents which were uploaded by somebody else and PDF is an industry standard. Example: somebody attaches a PDF invoice and submits the task. Finance receives the task to check the invoice formally and content-wise. Yes, you could store the PDF in SharePoint and use the content control to display it. However I don't…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to Save Rules as... to have all the actions added and just change the Name.

Within a 5 Level Approval Form I have 3 buttons for each State, plus the Initial Create Draft, Create. so turns out that a View with Params displaying the specific buttons for the approval will generate like 17 Buttons wich are linked each one to multiple rules...

Many of he Rule are repetitive, like Transfer Data, Execute The Update Rule for Calling Multiple Updates on the views, later action some workflows, hide buttons, redirect to the search page. things like that.

It would be really awesome to have the abilithy to make 1 sure for the other 16 save as..…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Button list control

Currently the radio button list control is the only control we can use to dynamically show the available actions in SmartForms. We assign this radio button list control to the input section when we are opening a worklist item. For the users it would be much more intuitive and modern if we could also dynamically create buttons like with the radio button list control. This is unfortunately not possible. It is ok if this will not be added to 4.7 anymore but for K2 Five it would be beneficial.

Many thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Convert MS-Office files to PDF

A SmartObject that convert in-coming words, excels to PDF.
    Currently only see SmartObject to convert webpage to PDF.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to duplicate a rule

Hi,

Often a lot of my rules bound to checkboxes or other controls are very similar, so it'd be good if I could just duplicate a rule (perhaps making it unbound?) and then I can tweak a few parameters etc., instead of having to recreate al the logic again (which I typically need to screenshot from the source one to avoid missing something).

Cheers

Peter

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Client Timezone to Context Browser under System Values > Client.

Add "Timezone" and "Timezone Offset" to the "Client" section of the context browser under "System Values", along with Screen Height, Screen Width, Platform, User Agent, and Browser Culture SHOULDN'T be too hard for you guys to do and would solve this problem WAY easier than what I just went through.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base