K2 Five

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize the OOB Worklist Columns to fetch columns from LOB DB

In addition to the columns provided by OOB Worklist control, it would be greatly beneficial for end users to be able to see a couple more columns of information from the LOB SQL Database .

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View placement in Smartforms

It would be really useful if we could have more / better placement of views inside a Smartform. For example if I have a form where I have one View in a right panel that is really long and the view on the left is really short. I want to be able to put the 3rd view under the left panel without having a big gap between the two left views.

See attached image, of how I would like it to be

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Modify common properties/styles of multiple controls at the same time

This feature would rely on the implementation of "Selecting multiple controls at once (https://ideas.k2.com/ideas/APIT-I-29) "

While building a form,

• The user selects multiple controls
    • The properties panel will show an aggregate of common properties for the controls selected. This allows the user (form builder) to modify common properties shared by the selected controls.
    • The properties panel will show an aggregate of common styles for the controls selected. This allows the user (form builder) to modify common styles shared between the selected controls.

Obviously, some shared properties that are unique will not be available to modify with multi-select, such…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include variables when copying and pasting text in K2 Designer

When you copy and paste a string of text in the Designer, it will convert variables and fields to plain text instead of copying the actual field. It would be really useful if the fields were included in the copying. For example mail-events would benefit a lot from this, but I can imagine that copying and pasting inside rules would also be a lot easier and faster.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. List View Paging 1 of x

One of the most commonly requested features asked form me is for the list view page to show how many pages. Currently, it just says page 1, and you have to click through to find out how many pages there are.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a robust calendar list view (that's better than SharePoint's)

SharePoint's calendar app/list (Classic view) is pretty good, but leaves a lot to be desired. Calendar overlays are clumsy to work with, and it's difficult to build calendars that can dynamically and intuitively filter by certain criteria (list columns).

We've found for certain projects that a K2-based calendar would help us, especially if it had certain features:

• Use Rules to filter events by the values of SharePoint columns. Let the value of a filter dropdown control what events are shown on the calendar.
    • Allow or disable creation of new events based on the values or aggregate values of other events…
    14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Administrator Override Checkout

We need the ability to override/cancel the checkout of a form or view as an administrator. Executing a script against the K2 database is NOT the best way to do this. This type of functionality has been available in Sharepoint forever. If someone goes on PTO and leaves their stuff checked out, we're in trouble.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copy Paste Feature

| Cannot copy and paste any rules or actions inside the rules in the form. Even though copy and paste is possible in K2 workflow, most of the time creates problems. (Problem faced is the old stage Serial No. gets copied to the new copied stage too) |

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Header and Footer Views

Have a way of telling a smartform that a view placed on the form is a header and should be always on top of the form ie/ above tabs and the ability to tell the form that a view is a footer and should always be at the bottom of the form. This will save having to add custom Jscript to do it and allow non coders to be able to do this. It would also save view duplication. Basically I am talking about sticky header and footers

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Regex (or even a basic "like") for Smartform rule string comparisons

Found myself creating an unwieldy set of "or" comparisons because I needed to do a simple txtField like ABC[1-9]*

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to view a Form or View without checking it out

I would like to be able to view forms and view without having to checkout or edit the form. There are times that I just want to view how I coded something without making accidental changes to the code. If I forget to discard checkout right away, I forget if I actually made changes to this form or view. At that point, I just check-in the form again and could possibly added something incorrectly to my form or view.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide a responsiveness theme.

It is common and necessary to create workflows which can be accessed via multiple platforms. The Lithium theme which is supposed to handle this issue does not work properly.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow option to pull back distinct values for controls like drop downs

We currently have to build views to pull back distinct values for master data. It would be nice to be able to point to a column and just say "distinct values only". If I try that today, I just get multiple values with repeating instances.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Grid Control on SmartForms

We would like to have the flexibility of adding a Grid Control on SmartForms Designer. That Grid Control we would like to have it configured to point to a Smart Object. That Grid Control should support all CRUD operations. Sorting, Grouping and Paging is also something very useful in this kind of controls.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Full row conditional style

It could be more than useful to be able to add a conditional style for a listview full row, instead of per each field, in order to apply the typical enabled/disabled item formatting.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Numeric Keypad option for mobile browsers

Add an input type property to text box controls (and other controls as appropriate) to use the keypad instead of the QWERTY keyboard layout for mobile browsers. In HTML5 this is the input tag, type attribute (https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_input_type.asp) . A few useful types include text (current), number, email, url, and maybe password. On most mobile environments, each type has a different keyboard layout.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Looking for more flexible view layout on forms

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that when you place multiple views in a row on a K2 form, they're automatically set to have equal widths on the form (with each one at 50%). The width can be decreased on each one so they're below 50% of the form, but not increased. See the attached file, where it shows the view as at 100% of its possible width and won't let me go over 100%.

I'd like to be able to have a more flexible layout so I can change the widths to be 60/40, 70/30, etc. I googled this,…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Survey-like/Decision functionality in list views

Summary

A feature addition to be able to display a set of radio buttons (or checkbox(es)) in an editable list view column(s) for all rows at the same time that modify a property of the row on change and can be saved through the use of rules (as well as render the correct selected state of the radio buttons or checkbox(es) on load).

Examples

1. An sql/smartbox driven list of questions with a 1-5 "Strongly Disagree" to "Strongly Agree" radio buttons, essentially a dynamic survey.
    2. Approving/Denying access for a dynamic list of users.

I've included a screenshot displaying the workaround we…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add page break for save as pdf control

This idea will be useful for user that want to generate their forms as reports. With a page break function / customade page break will control the file to be more neat than current version. User also can separate their fields by section.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. REST API - Handle Complex Objects

When creating a service object connection to a REST API, Complex object types should be able to be handled.

For example, if I have an endpoint that returns the Request object below:

public class Request

{

public int RequestId { get; set; }

public RequestClient Client { get; set; }

}

public class RequestClient

{

public int ClientId { get; set; }

public string ClientName { get; set; }

}

The way the REST connection works currently, the Request.Client property gets returned as a messy string displaying the type information, thereby never allowing me to access the properties on the…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base