K2 Five

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize the OOB Worklist Columns to fetch columns from LOB DB

In addition to the columns provided by OOB Worklist control, it would be greatly beneficial for end users to be able to see a couple more columns of information from the LOB SQL Database .

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Toolbar Buttons on Forms

Please allow toolbar buttons on Forms (as opposed to just views).
    A lot of times for some options (say, wanting navigation options at the top) the regular buttons are too big and intrusive, and a view with toolbar buttons at the top just doesn't look as good. Their functionality is the same as regular buttons so why not allow them directly on forms? Thanks

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Basic Label Text styling without diving into the style builder - K2 Five Designer

A lot of times when creating something, it is necessary or ideal to style labels. Most times the style is quite simple, such as Bold text, or increasing the size of the font. I feel like it would be helpful to have those options available in the same area as the change control type area, expressions area, table rows area. It would speed up the design process. Perhaps implementing the basic CTRL+B for bold text, etc. Maybe even adding an option for the "create labels and controls" feature for bolding all of the labels.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add Client Timezone to Context Browser under System Values > Client.

Add "Timezone" and "Timezone Offset" to the "Client" section of the context browser under "System Values", along with Screen Height, Screen Width, Platform, User Agent, and Browser Culture SHOULDN'T be too hard for you guys to do and would solve this problem WAY easier than what I just went through.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Menu System in K2

I would like to see K2 providing a Menu System as OOB , something similar to this :

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Solutions/K2-Menu-System/ba-p/77076

Right now this is a custom solution and hence cannot be used in K2 Cloud.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enhance Hyperlink control to allow file path reference "file:///filepath/filename" or UNC path

Our organization saves files to shared locations all the time. Instead of saving the file to a smartobject column where it'll be static and require updates, it would be better to reference the file with a hyperlink to the file location.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Property Option to Render Boolean Value in List View

In list view, if we show value from boolean data type, it will render as True/False. Many customer request this can be showed as Yes/No. We must add new column data label and using Expression to show it as Yes/No.

Can K2 provide property to change display value boolean data type in list view to show Yes/No?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Banner Message at the top of all forms (for maintenance, global messages, etc)

If we could get the ability to do global messages on all forms we could inform users of future downtime with K2 components. Some products (such as Jira, and sharepoint,etc) have a way to display a banner message on all pages, such as future scheduled downtime, or any other communication that may be shared with the user. Usually it's just a very thin and small one line banner at the very top of the pages, and I think that would suffice.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Copy to Clipboard

JavaScript has the ability to execute the command "Copy" which copies the selected text to clipboard.
    I attempted to make it happen with a Data Label, but it did not work. This would be a great feature to have available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Rich Text Control Hyperlink to use selected text as default value for Display Text

Enhance the Rich Text Control's Hyperlink functionality to default the Display Text to selected value in the rich text control when it is launched to be consistent with other applications such as Word and Google Docs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Designer SmartForm rename / system name

When an object is renamed in designer the corresponding system name does not change. this creates confusion for other developers.

For example, I renamed a SmartForm, but the name used in the corresponding Workflow stated the same because it is using the system name.

Although my request is for SmartForms, this applies to other objects as well.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A better time picker control...

The time picker controls in K2 are bad, and as I am rolling out a leave request system I am getting one complaint/criticism/suggestion CONSTANTLY.

"Is there a different way to change the time?"
    "Can you change the time selector like on my phone?"
    "Why does the time selector suck so bad?"

24 time formatting without editing config files would be nice (because I know this is possible by editing server configs).

But ultimately we just need a modern time picker control, something similar to (if not just shamelessly copied from) the images attached.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Session Timeout Due To Inactivity

Suggest to allow K2 to timeout or logout users due to inactivity rather than by a fixed interval.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Find where is this unbound rule called

When I am debugging I'm often struggling to find where unbound rules are called. At the moment there is no other option than going rule by rule, which is in case of large forms a time consuming job. I would like to see in which rules an unbound rule is called.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SmartForms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wiping control (for K2 Workspace app)

We do get a lot of request for new forms and features to add for using the K2 forms in the mobile (K2 Workspace app).

One of the is a state of the art feature which you can see nearly in every mobile app right now.

It's wiping. Wiping with the finger from the left to the right screen or vice versa to move to another screen.

This feature is pretty nice but also pretty common in apps.

Unfortunately not in K2.

We do need that kind of feature/control!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add visual widgets, nav elements, and charting to K2 Forms

I swear I've submitted this before, but it's not in My Ideas. Forgive me if it's a duplicate of another.

FYI, we're on K2 5.1 (soon to be 5.2) on-prem.

I see a fairly easy way for K2 to distinguish itself from its competitors on the Forms side. Why not create various widgets, which would be controls draggable onto the form from the Toolbox, and powered by data from SmartObjects:

• Accordion. Hook it up to a SmartObject to determine the headers, sub-items, and URLs they link to (if desired).
    • Fly-out / megamenus. A SmartObject would dictate the structure of the…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Edit lines like a table

It would be so helpfull if there was a standard control that would let you edit list items as if it were an excel (like a table):

Some basic functional requirements would be:

• A user is able to edit a specific cell in a line (row) by simply clicking on that cell
    • A user is able to jump between lines (rows), without losing the focus of the cell (column) they've selected
    • A user is able to jump between cells (columns) and lines (rows) by the keyboard e.g. using tab and arrow keys (like excel)
    • A line is saved when a…
    23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to retain Text formatting (bold, underline etc) when pasting text into K2 Text Area Control

When you have a form with text area control boxes for the purpose of users being able to add text to them by copying and pasting text from a Microsoft Word document, the pasted text lose all their formatting.

Formatting done in Microsoft Word, such as Bold, Italics, Underline and superscript all are removed, which is a problem when you have users submitting Assignments with many thousands of words in them and are constructed in MS Word, then lose all formatting when pasted into the K2 Text Areas.... The user cannot be expected to re-do all the text changes in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For K2 Designer to Keep Text Format When Copied from Word

When you have a form with text boxes and would like to be able to copy text from a Word docurment in a particular format, however once copied over to the text box or to Rich text control within a view or form this loses its formatting.

Currently this is not possible bit is there a way that this can be included.

The HTML editior upon the community does not work either, these would have to be manually set again to the formart of your choice within the designer.

Is there way that this can be included into the product?

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Breakpoints, step into, etc for tracing the steps while debugging rules

I would like to be able to trace which rules are executed, which conditions are met, etc. Like visual studio i would like to have breakpoints, step into, step over, etc. functionalities instead of putting message boxes everywhere.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base