91 - Nintex RPA

1. Disallow Saving Botflows to RPA Central Once Contractual Max Hit

If 20 Botflows are contractually allowed to be saved to RPA Central, it would be extremely helpful if an error message appeared when trying to save Botflow number 21 that stated no more are allowed and disallow the user from saving to RPA Central. The user should still be able to save the Botflow locally, but not to RPA Central in this case.
    Per conversations with support, there is no current mechanism in place to prevent contractual breach for the number of Botflows allowed. We have to manually delete added Botflows every 1-2 days in order to not breach our…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow Participant Role to run BotFlow without RPA Central

Allow the Participant Role to launch and run a BotFlow directly from Nintex Bot without initiating through RPA Central. Currently when a Participant launches a BotFlow from RPA Central and needs to manually ingest a data file they have to pause the Bot or we need to code functionality to stop the Bot if there are no records.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Log Who Manually Started a Published Bot

Currently, the botflow instance details do not contain the Nintex user that manually triggered a botflow to run. This detail is important for audit logging capabilities.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Searching for action should allow use of action, not just documentation

I'm not a frequent user of Nintex RPA. When I do use it, I often don't know exactly what category of actions the action I'm looking for falls under. Thankfully, there's an intuitive "Find" search bar that I can always use to figure out that the actions I want to do exists.

Unfortunately, clicking on that action does not do the intuitive thing of inserting it. Instead, it pulls up the help documentation for that action, which rarely directs me to which category it is under.

I suggest that when using the "Find" search bar, any resulting actions that come…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Schedule botflows to run across multiple machines

It would be helpful to be able to schedule botflows to run across multiple machines or to be able to create multiple schedules for botflows with different machine pools. The idea being that you have a botlfow design that you'd like to run across multiple machines.

The current options either forces you to have duplicate botflows, or to setup multiple schedules around the same time, with the hopes that the botflows get queued on each intended machine

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. User management Grouping

I would like to see RPA Central have the option to build out groups. Then when we are building out the users we can assign them to a role and also assign them to a group. Then when we go to assign permissions to the botflows we are given the option to assign groups as well so that we don't have to go through and add each person one at a time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are going to support AD Groups soon which will have a default role for every member. If a member needs a different role, you could add them as an individual. Permissions can also be set by All Designers, All Participants, AD group, and individually.

7. RPA Central processing days

I would like RPA Central to have scheduling option for last day of the month, last week day of the month, first day of the month, first week day of the month. Also another option that would be nice along with the above is to have two drop down menus that say (First___ of the month) (Monday). I have attached a few examples. I know that foxtrot has built in variables that are already calculated for such examples, so it would be nice to see that option in central as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Instances- Filters and Default View

Change the view to have default view to show botflows ran within the last 24 hours. In addition, add the ability to filter by botflow name, status, date initiated or date completed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will be bringing in the ability to start sending data to Nintex Analytics later this year, and that allows you to see your botflow instance data and specify filters. However, I think it would be good to provide more functionality on the page in Central.

9. Allow the use of wildcards in the FTP file download action (or in Nintex RPA in general)

In the credit union industry, it is common to have to download multiple files from an FTP that don't always follow a predictable or standard naming convention. Currently wildcards are not supported, therefore we are not able to utilize Nintex RPA for FTP file downloads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Botflow Organization

From a customer: HIs email is: eaustin@arvest.com
    Is there a way or will there be a way to organize botflows into folders? As we start to build out botflows, we're seeing that it could be potentially problematic for users to scroll through hundreds of botflows to select the one that they need to run. It would be nice if we could designate folders to store the published botflows to so that departments could go to their specific folder(s) to access their botflows and limit the possibility of them selecting the wrong botflow.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With role-based access, different users only see the botflows that they have permission to see. But this is a good idea to allow some sort of categorization of botflows.

11. Allow 'Save' action to work for Published Bots

An effective bot has the ability to learn and save information in variables and lists. With Published bots the 'Save' action and 'Close me' (with save) action do not function.

I prime example of this would be a script that accesses a web portal and is prompted to update the password. The password update process can be scripted in the bot, but since the new password cannot be saved in the variables or credentials this function cannot be possible.

We have many processes that run multiple times a day and store information in variables and lists that it saves each…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allows to Capture Details of Unexpected/ Unknown Error(Error Description) in an Error Task

If a bot encounters an error due to an unexpected condition or exceptions during execution, the bot will be failed to complete the task. The Error handler Action facilitates features to perform set of actions which is used to handle an exception. What we observed is, existing Error Handler Action does not allow to assign values of the Error Description in Nintex RPA BOT.

Hence, our requirement is to get the Error Description (content in the error message prompted) into a variable, in order to be able to Write the error description of an unknown error that could occur during…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. PDF Action - Read or Extract Data in a PDF(Content of the PDF) Files

We have come across that PDF integrations are mainly required in the business processes. However, We have used the existing Extract PDF activity in Nintex BOT to extract data from a PDF file, but it is not in a readable format once extracted.
    In addition, we have identified that this feature is not capable enough to fulfill the customer requirements. Hence, it is highly appreciated if you could enhanced the following features on existing PDF Action in Nintex BOT,
    - Extract Text from a PDF file.
    This should be supported on Read or Extract Data in a PDF(Content of the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display a calendar within RPA Central that shows the scheduled botflows

With RPA Central v2, it would be great if you could view a calendar that would show the future dates/times when botflows are scheduled to run.

I've had numerous incidents already where I think I have something scheduled only to find it didn't run. This would allow me to double-check to verify I have it scheduled to run on specific days and verify the start date is also correct.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More statistical information in the "information bar

The information bar contains only values for "average speed" and "per minute". It would be important, for example, to see the duration of the botflow but there is no value for "time elapsed".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change control log in RPA Central

With only having 2 roles in RPA Central, it is imperative to know who created the bots and who is checking them into and out of production, along with scheduling them. With running a small team, the admin is also the developer, and we need to ensure there is a separation of duties with this process. We need the ability to pull logs to prove that the creator and the admin are two different people. Right now there is no way to export logs from Central.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Convert text field to date format

I need to convert a numeric text formatted field (for example 04092022) into a date formatted field (04/09/2022).

All of the existing conversion actions will not do the conversion properly. The only solution at this point is a series of parsing the data into Month/Day/Year variables and then joining them back up with the slashes. Which isn't hard, but seems more work than is necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. trigger

The ability to kick off a Botflow when a trigger file exists in a directory.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to update 1 shared task for multiple scripts all at once

The idea here would be to have a task that can be connected to multiple scripts, but only needs to be revised 1 time to be updated for all scripts. I use several of the same tasks in a number of my scripts (such as retrieving credential logins for web portals from a secure xlsx spreadsheet) and anytime I need to make any updates to one of these shared tasks, I have to go into every script that uses the task and make the same changes (upwards of 20 scripts using the same tasks). I can show more examples or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Version Control

Version control for RPA Central, a version control system to track changes in RPA Solutions during the development of robots. This will allow developers to retrieve any of the previous versions of the solution at a given point.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?