5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Retrieve day of the week from date/datetime variables

I would like to be able to take a date variable and find out the day of the week (Mon, Tue, etc.) There are times where I want to take action based on day of the week, but have no ability to do that right now.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retrieve an item action in NWC does not return People Display name

Currently using Retrieve an item for SharePoint in NWC, when the list column is People, it only available to return Peopel ID and email and there is no option to return Display name.
    We would like to have additional option to return display name.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display workflow name, multitabs, copy/paste actions

1. Display Workflow Name in page header.

2. Multitabs for workflows to easily move between them

3. Copy/paste action from one workflow to another

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Image in Header of multipage forms

When designing multi-page forms, it would be great to be able to add an image to the Header area for the entire form. Our main use-case for these forms to date has been external, anonymous forms to capture data back into our systems - in that case, we like to include our company logo at the top of the form. With multi-page forms, the only option I see is to add the logo to each page.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Populate a NWC Forms single choice Form control with JSON objects from custom API

It would be good if we could automatically populate a single choice Form control (in my case it would be a drop-down list) using JSON objects obtained from a custom API (maybe populate the list by using an on Form load Rule?), and have it submit the supplied 'value' upon submission (in my case it would be a UID relating to records in our bespoke system).

This functionality I am after already exists within the Workflow Designer, via the values defined in the x-ntx-dynamic-values JSON vendor extension, but it does not appear to be possible within the Form Designer.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow pipe and comma in Choice options

We frequently have the need to include comma ( , ) and pipe ( | ) characters in our choice options. Is it possible to allow those characters? For example, we have a product whose name is "REALTY|share" and have some forms with choice options along the lines of "Yes, please contact me immediately!"

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display context in modal dialogs

When deleting a workflow or connection it would be helpful to display the actual name of the element to be deleted in the modal dialog. I like the warning, prior to deleting something - but in order to avoid accidental deletion I would appreciate to see the name of the item being deleted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set field value = browser query parameter

Rules builder now allows the checking of a browser query parameter to conditionally format the form. However, what would be exceptionally valuable would to be able to set the value of a form field equal to the value of the browser query parameter. If this was possible, we could generate the URL to the NWC form with parameter (unique GUID) in SharePoint, send it out to a user, and then match the submitted form back up with the parent process in SharePoint. At the moment, rules only allow form fields to be set to a hard coded value.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The ablity to rerun a workflow, especially one that starts from a form

I had a workflow that failed from a form start and had no way to restart the workflow or retrieve the information that had been entered into the form. Once I fixed the error in my connections, I couldn't rerun it. I also couldn't access the initial information in the form. The data the user had entered is lost and I can't track down any information about what was submitted.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Rulde builder - validate date, when the form is loaded

I need to build a rule, that a specific date can't be greater than today. So a variable with the current date would be very useful.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Group Workflows

Workflow Grouping. .In a number of situations, a process is a number of workflows. It would be great these workflow could be grouped so they stay together on the Workflow listings page.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add an Exchange Online connector

Please add Exchange Online triggers and actions to Nintex Workflow Cloud. I would love to be able to use the following examples:

• Run workflow when an email is received

• Move email to folder

• Get email

And I also would love to be able to get these ability for Office Group Mailboxes.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to resubmit form that is entered thru NWC.

Currently the NWC forms are once off so if there is something that the approvers would like the user to update, it can't be done. It would be great if you can come up with the ability for users to resubmit or update the form data.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. NWC Form Template

Has anyone ever mentioned form templates in NWC? If not, it should be a thing.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Rule to set a different Text Mask

For a phone field, the text mask needs to be different based on the country.

eg US = --xxxx AU = xx-xxxx-xxxx

Post code mask

US XXXXX, AU XXXX, and UK has multiple masks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Try catch block is missing workflow

Hi Team,

we cant see try catch activity in the workflow designer and its making problem big time for us in orchestrating the process flow as there is always set of activity which is error prone and if we dont put exception handling it will break the process instances so often and we are not able to take any remedation action of failure .

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Success Information - Form sent

After submitting a form the form redirects to the success message which is always "Form submitted successfully."
    Although it's possible to route to another publicly available site instead, it would be awesome to just modify the text message to reflect different languages. In our case it would be sufficient to have that text in German without the need to build a whole site for this and host it.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Oracle Connector to Nintex Workflow Cloud

Will you please add an Oracle Connector to Nintex Workflow Cloud that would permit workflows to log in to an Oracle database as a user and perform tasks that the user is authorized to perform (e.g., Create, Read, Update, Delete, Select) operations? Thank you.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Rule - Date2 control can't be before Date1 control

Similar to booking sites. Having the ability to have 2 date controls with the second date control not having the ability to select a date before the first date control. Or at least to fail validation is date2 is earlier than Date1

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. rules based on browser properties

http://help.dottoro.com/ljwupxoh.php#clientInformation

Being able to set rules based on browser object such as system language. to put this into context.

Being able to set the "Thank you" text to a different language based on the detected browser language.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base