5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide whole form data as a JSON object

Hello,

I have a workflow with 8-10 levels of approval. The workflow is initiated by an API. I then have to copy the data points (about 100 fields) into a local variable. I then have a task form which will be set with default values from local variable. In essence I need to display all the data received to the Approver.

Now I have further challenge. Approvers can make changes to data before Approving. After every stage of Approval I need to send a snapshot of information back to the API.

This means I need to copy the data one…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Highlight custom actions in need of refresh after update

When an Xtension is updated, the only way to refresh the actions within the workflows (as per the documentation) is to delete them, drag a new copy and reconfigure.
    We get that this is needed for not breaking existing workflows, but what is sorely lacking is the ability to locate them first.

What would vastly help with this process is one or multiple of:
    A. From the Xtensions section, find workflows (at least prod published or all with visible status) that utilize actions from this Xtension - to be able to know where to look for what needs to be…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Xtensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. K2 Dashboards in NWC

The K2 dashboard for a workflow is awesome, I have several solutions that need this functionality today.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. K2 Admin Console in NWC

The K2 Admin consol has more control and allows admins to restart failed workflows from the point of failure. NWC needs this functionality

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently working on the ability to re-submit any failed or completed workflow from the beginning, point of failure is certainly something we'd like to provide in the future. 

5. Be able to save a Workflow as a Template

using the Center of excellence model, we would like to be able to provide users Templates to use that we build and test and then save to be used by user in the future but also export or share to other tenants within our license environment

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Azure Active Directory Connector - Query User - Adding additional AD fields

Additional common Azure Active Directory Connector fields need to be pulled in for querying a users by such as Office. We are needing to use the Active Directory Query Users Control to pull emails for staff members based off their Office and Job Title. With this we have notice that with this control, we can query most of the basic fields in Azure AD other then Office. Adding this would help where multiple people have the same title but are in different office building.

This is based on a ticket (case 00404834) I put in about a month ago where…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Rename Workflow Name

Would be great to have the ability to rename an existing workflow without creating a copy of it and having to delete the original workflow etc. Thanks.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. NWC My Nintex Form Link

Authenticated form submissions are captured in my nintex already and it would be great if we could have access to the URL of a form submission in my nintex in the workflow designer.
    The main use I can see for this is putting the link to the submitted my nintex submission in an email to the originator so they have a quick link to see that submission rather than finding it in my nintex.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. More collaborative designer space

It would be great to have a more collaborative designer space within NWC, where multiple individuals could work within the same workflow at the same time and see in real-time, changes someone else makes.

Think Google Sheets or Google Docs. Not critical to have, but would be a convenient capability.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The ability to save drafts with a name

We are using forms as check-lists where the users will have to revisit forms over multiple days. The save draft allows us to do this - however, the users might have multiple drafts of the same form. Therefore we would love a simple feature that allows to save the draft with a name. This would make it easier for the user to find the correct draft instead of going through all of them.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support Rich Text in Document Generation in NWC

Support for Rich Text form fields in Generate document action in Nintex Workflow Cloud.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow setting of default value(s) for a Person Control in a Task Form, or allow the dynamic setting of Person Control values by Form Rule.

Allow setting of default value(s) for a Person Control in a Task Form, or allow the dynamic setting of Person Control values by Form Rule. This would be useful in cases where the Task performer needs to adjust an existing list of people. Unfortunately the old trick of using a Form Rule doesn't work here because the Value of the Person control is not available to set. Nintex Support (Case #00430175) confirms that this functionality does not yet exist and there is no current workaround.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Send Info Via SmartSheet Connection

Hi Team!

I'd like to be able to send information to SmartSheet from my workflow. Currently the SmartSheet connector only supports retrieving information which limits my ability to use the connector.

Thanks!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In App help pages

It would be really helpful, and save support calls, if the help link within the individual actions within Workflow designer linked to useful resources..

For example : Wait for Field Change

Current help link (useless) https://help.nintex.com/en-US/Office365/Designer/Actions/WaitforEventinListItem.htm?cshid=1128

2 links provided by support desk, (that I could'nt find, really helpful )
    https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/SharePointOnline-WaitforEventInListItem.htm
    https://community.nintex.com/t5/Upgrade-Center-How-To/Wait-for-Field-Change-in-Current-Item-Action-Upgrade/ta-p/212985

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. File variable support in Nintex Gateway for SQL On-premises

The Nintex gateway has been updated to include support for SQL On-premises.
    There is a current data type limitation where file variables in a NWC workflow are not supported to binary, image, varbinary datatype fields.
    It would be great to be able to capture an attachment to an NWC form and save it into an on-premise SQL table in a varbinary field.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Default value feature for multiple choice fields

Much like other form controls, it would be great if we could select a default value for the multiple choice control (checkboxes).

I have a use case where I'd like to be able to use multiple choice control responses in the initial form to pre-populate a multiple choice control in a subsequent approval form.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add SVG as a supported image file type to the Image Control

The NWC Image Control allows you to display an image from a URL, but only supports a few image file types such as JPG and PNG. Many images are now SVG file type. It would be great if SVG was added as a supported image file type.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Variable for Component Workflow Success of Failure

There is nothing to indicate that a NWC component workflow failed after it's called from another workflow. The calling workflow will continue to run afterwards, even though some or all of the variables passed back are blank. This is better than the O365 workflows that wait forever for a suspended workflow, but not much. A simple boolean success variable would be all it would take to fix it. This is similar to the request that NWC workflow failures send a notification when they fail, but that couldn't be used in a workflow because it would happen after the component completes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow users within a security group to access saved "draft" forms by others in the group.

We have forms that are date sensitive so they cannot be submitted until a specific date. If the employee is out for vacation or sick, another employee must re-enter the form. We want to be able to allow another team member to submit the form on the correct date. We would also use it to prepare for days when the work volume may be heavy to help with efficiency.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Test Workflow using start variables from history

Workflow Testing, give a copy function to reference a past workflow start even and copy in all the variables where they can be edited before being used for a test run.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base