5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Return data lookup value as object

I have several areas in my forms where I need a data lookup field on my form to return more than one value from the SharePoint list item that is selected.
    For example, my Location data lookup field needs to save the location as the value and the label. BUT I also need to save the corresponding Abbreviation (another column in that SP source list) for that location into a different field so that I can use that Abbreviation in a filter on the form.

I have seen Euan's helpful video on a work around but that work around won't…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set value of 'Choice - Multiple' control through rules

I've come across a use case in which it would be helpful if checking a box in one choice field would uncheck a box in a previous choice field. In other words, clicking the box in the second field invalidates the checked box in the first.

Also, I haven't come across such a need myself, but I could also see the need for the ability to hide or "gray out" certain options in a multi-choice field based on one of the other options being selected. For example, if my options were 1,2,3,4,5 and the user selects 3, the 4 and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we use NWFC to create CRUD forms off lists/entities in the MS Common Data Store [now DataVerse]?

Can we use NWFC to create CRUD forms off lists/entities in the MS Common Data Store [now DataVerse]?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow different field sizes without wrapping text

The forms designer we're leaving in favor of NWC allows for fields to be different sizes, independent of the accompanying text. I wish NWC would allow this. For example, I might have a Text - Short field with a long title but the expected user input is only a few characters. If I make the field as small as possible, the text wraps to match the field size. If I try to prevent the text wrapping, the field expands to be just as long. It would be nice if you could have a long title, with no wrapping, but still…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to view & delete list item attachments in task form

We need the ability to view and delete attachments that are attached to a SharePoint list item, from a task form.

When approvers need to approve a form, they need to be able to see the attachments associated with the item. And if necessary, they may want to replace one of the existing attachments with a different attachment so they should be able to delete a specific attachment and then upload a new one.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dynamic dropdown options

Make the dropdown field options able to be determined by rules.

IF variable1 = 'x' THEN dropdown options = 'a,b,c'
    IF variable1 = 'y' THEN dropdown options = 'd,e,f'

etc.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More flexibility with buttons - especially a Cancel button

I wish NWC had either a default Cancel button or the ability to add one. I have a couple of forms that I'm redesigning in NWC and they are essentially worksheets that have no need for a workflow - they just help the user make a determination. It would be nice if the user could click a 'Cancel' button to clear out the form and start over.

Alternately it would be nice to be able to hide the 'Submit' button based on a case like this, or to use rules to hide it based on form data.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Approval history in NWC form

Now that all tasks are stored in Nintex Workflow Cloud, it should be easily possible to check the approval history for a workflow instance when you open the form.
    A "Approval history" or "Task history" component would be nice just as we have the "File upload", "Barcode", ... components in the form editor.
    Until we have this, we need to build a separate child workflow to save the approval history after every task action...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to customize NWC Google Captcha

Would like to have the ability in NWC Form to change the type of the Captcha

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. NWC Form Version system variable

As a developer, it would be great for debugging/management purposes if we could have a reference to the form version number that we could place on forms (ideally some sort of system variable we could place in a label).

Often when debugging user errors (on desktop and Nintex mobile), it would be useful to have this information visible on the form to quickly tell if the user is still stuck on an old form version due to browsser caching issues, not refreshing the page, phone offline (can't download lastest form version on Nintex mobile) etc.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Style manager or global form style settings

I'm creating a number of new workflows with start forms and task forms.
    Having to redo the style settings with our corporate colours is becoming quite onerous every time a new form is created.

Could we have the ability in the NWC settings to add a custom style or somehow modify the style settings at a tenant wide level?

This would be a big time saver for the development of new forms.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. File Uploads / Signatures in Repeating Sections

Ability to add file upload and signature controls to repeating sections. We use this extensively in expense systems (uploading receipts per line item) or in approval workflows (approval processes), plus many other use cases.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Capability to load a file into a task form

It would be good to be able to load a task form, with a file populated so the user can download or view the file.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to select space width

It would be nice if the Space function had the ability to be made vertically wider or narrower, depending on need. I inserted a space on my form to put some separation between two rows of fields, but the separation is a little wider than I would like. It would be better (in my opinion) if you could select a vertical width, such as the width of a Text - short field, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Form

Hi Euan
    Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud - NWC Form
    The text box for Redirect URL is plain text!
    Can you make it Rich Text control or text control that accept to Insert variables and functions?
    So we can modify url redirect based on some Rule for example

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Drag-drop a picture file containing a signature, to produce a signature

Drag-drop a picture file, containing a signature into the FORM >> Signature Variable, in Nintex Cloud. This action allows the signature to be added to a form. Rather than the normal process, of producing a signature by writing with a mouse. For your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Form Group Fomatting Options - Configure Collapsible State

Currently in NWC for Forms, Group form control can be added with the ability to configure formatting options to make the group collapsible. When the form initially loads, the group form control is always un-collapsed (expanded).

It would be great that when collapsible is configured on a group form control that there was another option available to configure the initial state of the group e.g. whether collapsed or un-collapsed (expanded) when the form initially loads. Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. QR code field

With the increasing use of QR codes (thanks COVID), we think it would be beneficial to extend the configuration option of the Barcode form field to support QR code scanning.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Submit progression bar

When someone has poor internet connection or perhaps are uploading many file uploads in a form submission it takes a while to complete after pressing 'submit'. Some impatient or unsure users will then click 'submit' many more times while the form is mid-submission.

This then sometimes results in version clashes from multiple submissions with the same ID and messes up the workflow. Perhaps a submission progress bar or message would help reduce this occurrence.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to reorder Form Rules

Would be great to be able to reorder Form Rules from the Rules Tab in Nintex Workflow Cloud

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base