5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow entry of SharePoint group and/or AAD Security group to Assignee field of Task Assignment actions of NWC.

Since this is critical and urgent that affects our NWC implementation, can you please consider the feature improvement?

We're currently using Nintex for Office365 and going to implement Nintex Workflow Cloud.
    Our current template with Nintex for Office365 is supporting SharePoint Group because the template is using start a task process action and the action is supporting a SharePoint Group in Participant field. This action have “Assign a task to each member within groups” option.

However in current NWC, we cannot enter a group to Assignee field of task assignment actions. It only allows entry of individual user(s).

We need…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export/Import Form Design/Layout

For my workflow start event, I have a very complex form designed that the user fills out. I'd like to be able to copy the layout to a task form later on in the workflow. I don't see an export/import button or a way to copy it? Please add this. Thanks!

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Configure the welcome email

It would be great it the welcome email could be configured, or even disabled. Most of our users don't know what Nintex is, so when they receive this email they question where it's come from and what it's for. If it could be configured, to add a different logo in or change the text that would be very useful. Alternatively if there was an option to switch it off completely, that may also be useful.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Sharepoint date fields to Start Event "SharePoint - Update list item"

When you add a condition to a Start Event none of the SharePoint date fields are available to select. Suggest making them available.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Include Task Name in Workflow Tracking list to distinguish the workflow instances

In the Workflow Tracking, you drill down to the workflow you are interested in. But then the first column is called "Name" and it just says the name of the workflow, which is useless. Please change that "Name" column to instead show the "Task Name" data or something else to distinguish the workflow instances from each other.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable MFA options for users set up in Nintex workflow cloud

I have users set up in the Nintex workflow cloud for our "tenant". I would like Nintex to enable an MFA option for login to Nintex workflow cloud such as Duo instead of having to use an integration with Azure that allows for MFA. My cyber insurance carrier is suggesting that we start using MFA for all cloud systems in 2022. Our regulators have issued guidance "strongly encouraging" financial institutions use MFA for all cloud based systems that contain customer information. I have attached the authentication guidance already required and the third party(Vendor) proposed guidance that is coming to financial…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

MFA is usually configured as part of your organisations identify provider whether that be Azure AD or SAML both of which is supported by NWC. And by doing this allows for full flexibility in terms of which application are configured with MFA with NWC being one of them.

And so by using your identify provider this will provide the functionality you are looking for.

7. Change Start Event

An option to change the workflow start even if all actions in the workflow are in a disabled action set. Currently its almost like redesigning the workflow if you want to change the start event. It should be made easier

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Start event configuration unlocked – Start events can now be changed, even if the start event variables are used in the workflow.
    If references to variables from the old start event still remain in the workflow design, you will have the opportunity to replace all references to a new variable, or remove all references from the workflow – Just navigate to the Start event category in the Variable panel.

8. Provide a direct edit link with workflow details

Could you please provide a 'Edit' link as well as a 'View all instances' link with the workflow details?
    When troubleshooting a failed workflow I now have to copy the workflow name, go to the workflows list, then Ctrl-f the browser page to find the workflow in the long list of workflows and then choose 'edit' . A bit of a detour actually. See attached mockup. Thanks again!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My Nintex : Confidentiality - Separate workflow instances by user

In NWC, we can track workflows with the new feature workflow tracking behind the button '"My Nintex", but how to filter instances so users can only see their instances ?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rachid,

My Nintex only show the Forms the logged on user has submitted, what you are looking at is what we call a ‘Business Owners’ view designed to show all instances for a particular workflow and should only be accessed by people in the organsiation that requires access to all submissions so they can gain more visibility into all the process they care about. It’s not designed for individuals as they already have this information as part of their submissions .

Hope that makes sense..

10. Button to regenerate token is too easy to misclick. Should be protected by a modal window

When a workflow exists in Nintex Cloud,
    The regenerate button for the instance token is very easy to click by mistake.
    If someone accidentally clicks, there is no accountability and little indication of a change.
    This results in services that use the workflow no longer being able to access, and we have to track down that it's because the instance token changed.
    This could be solved by adding a modal window that says "Are you sure you want to create a new token?" To reduce the error.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the functionality to the Query List action to support variables

Just like you support variables for “Update items”, we want “Query a list” able to specify a value.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support for IdP initiated logins for Nintex Workflow Cloud

It would be great if we can login Nintex Workflow Cloud from SharePoint option so that it provides seamless access for SSO users.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. MSSQL use Nintex Gateway

MSSQL Connector should be modified to use a nintex gateway and be able to access named instances and use domain accounts (similar to Sharepoint-OnPrem) rather than exposing the MSSQL Database Server to the internet as required currently.

This may also be useful for MySQL to reduce exposing on-prem servers to the internet.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Collection data for NWC Docgen

Not being able to insert collection data into a document is killing my process. Not being able to work around that by using a loop and work the single column of information into a single variable with values each on a new line is also a disappointment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SharePoint Online - Retrieve an item - Set the "SharePoint site URL" by variable

Hi team,

I am using the "SharePoint Online - Retrieve an item" action in a workflow. Why can't we set the "SharePoint site URL" parameter by using a variable?
    The "SharePoint Online - Update items" & "SharePoint Online - Create an item" allows for us to insert a variable.

This is extremely useful when switching between Dev and Prod sites. Is there an alternative option here?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Governance for Publishing Billable or Production Workflows

From a governance perspective it would be great if either the Designer permission level had to have admin approval to publish billable workflows or to have a some ability to have a higher permission level approve a workflow to be published.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Increase File Upload Size Limit for NWC.

The file upload action for Nintex Workflow Cloud is currently limited ot 25MB files. But we are seeing more and more need to increase this file size limit. A 250MB limit like what is on Nintex Workflow for O365 would be a great start.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. User context available in authenticated Nintex Workflow Cloud Start Forms

In a cloud based Nintex Start form make the user context of an authenticated user available in the form designer.

Currently the user context is only available in the workflow not in the form. With the user context available in the form designer we can use the user context in form rules or primarily as a filter in the new data lookup control.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Incorrect Date/Time Transfer to SharePoint Online

My team uses SharePoint Online as our data repository for our NWC workflows. We've realized that Date/Time variables collected in the workflow do not transfer to SharePoint correctly.

I've done some trouble shooting and know that all Date/Time variables within Nintex get converted to UTC. I'm in MST so if I enter 6/7/21 12AM to my form, the workflow variable auto-converts it to 6/7/21 7AM for UTC. When I then send that workflow variable to SharePoint Online it converts the Date/Time variable to 6/6/21 11PM, an hour earlier than the 6/7/21 12AM that I initially entered.

As you can see…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay in our response. There was an issue with some locations not returning the correct timezone, this should be resolved. If you are still having an issue I would suggest raising with support and they will be able to help investigate.

20. Wait for Field Change in Change item

NWC desparately needs this action, with the same flexiibility and comparisons that are available in Nintex Workflow onPrem.
    Please DON'T implement the same version as currently in Nintex for Sharepoint 365... that verison is missing the power of it predecessor.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base