5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

How can we improve Nintex Workflow Cloud?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Branch by value support for numbers

Currently the "branch by value" action only allows to branch by "text" values. I would be great to also support "number" values.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add users to tenant with different email domains.

Can you tell me if their is a workaround to adding users that have a slightly different email domain.

For global companies, such as Keller Foundations, they have similar but different domains depending on the region, and having to create multiple tenants in order to add users is not very manageable.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Bingham,

Just an update to this ticket – We have made some changes to the single-email-domain policy.
    Tenants can now request multiple domains, but the NWC tenant must be federated. Contact support@nintex.com if you’d like to request multiple email domains to be associated to the tenant.
    Regards,
    Kate

3. Connecting Single Sign on Connector with O365 MFA enabled

Hi Not sure if it's a bug or a feature that hasn't been implemented.
    When I was connecting up single sign-on it wouldn't connect, It was just erroring out. Like as if Nintex didn't know how to pop up (enter TXT code) the MFA side of things only popped up the password box then left hanging. then failed to connect. As soon as I turned off MFA. Password box popped up and successfully connected.. I don't know what else might not work because MFA accounts are enabled.(I am a global admin in O365 and Admin in Nintex Cloud)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Collection Operation - highest or smallest value

Getting a smallest or highest value with an index

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andre,

In case you haven’t seen the release notes, Collection operations action “Check if item exists in collection” has now been updated to be able to return the index when a value-match has been found.

To extract the highest value in a collection, and then find its counterpart in a secondary collection:
    Sort items in the first collection, get the highest value
    Check if item exists in the original collection to get the Index
    Get item to pull the same Index from your secondary collection

Please let me know if you have any further questions,
    Kate

5. Regex Replace

A "Replace" option should be available in the "Regular Expression" action. Now only "Check match", "Split" and "Extract" are available. Why is that? It makes it impossible to replace "forbidden" characters in a form before submitting. The available rules does not help either…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Return Box File Id and Folder Id Variables

For the Box connect, the Id's for all of the objects (Files & Folders) is extreeeeemely important to return as variables. For instance, I can create an Xtension using Box's OpenAPI/Swagger spec, but I cant do anything with because all of the APIs require the fileId and folderIds.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Variable type conversion, numeric value truncation and groups

Hi all,

I recently hit a wall with a project involving Doc Gen and Workflow Cloud. I managed to work my way through it but a lot of what I was trying to get working felt like options that could be basic actions within the designer.

I was working with registration and attendance values for an event, these get entered as integer values into a form that then triggers the workflow. As I wanted % turnout I did the standard divide then multiplication calculations but the resulting value is returned as a 0. I quickly realised this was because I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create list items in SharePoint with form attachments

The ability to attach attachments to list items using the Create List Item in SharePoint action. Currently users can fill out the form and attach documents but there is no way to easily get them into SharePoint.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The ability to get an email report if a workflow fails for any reason

One of my connections with SharePoint had failed and I wasn't aware that the workflow wasn't working because I wasn't looking at the NWC dashboard and I don't check in on it daily. It would be great to be notified if a workflow had failed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to add a hyperlink on the form

We want to be able to include a link on the form that says something to the effect of "click here for more information" but can't find a way to include the link. Being able to include a link in a header field would make this possible.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Longer text fields for instructions

The header field limits the amount of text and we have a need for a paragraph at the top and bottom of the form. We were able to workaround by putting in multiple headers, but it doesn't look quite right. We really want a longer text box area to type as much as we want.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create hyperlink in start form

It would be nice to be able to add clickable links from a form text box. This would need to be accomplished via form on load rule, field title, and/or field description.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Box Query and Delete folders (and contents)

The ability to query folder creation date and then be able to delete the folders (and contents) ..

This will then give you the ability to set a scheduled workflow to clean up the \temp folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. single sign on

Access to NWC should support the capability of ADFS/Azure SAML SSO with user provisioning.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Possibility to add remarks in approval tasks

Possibility to
    * add remarks in NWC tasks for the approving person to fill in
    * or to modify the NWC task form in order to e.g. include remarks as well

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Glenda,

With the launch of Forms based tasks in Assign a task, you can easily include remarks/comments from the approving person using a form.

If you are looking for someone to approve a task and add a remark, or simply looking for a comment without the need for a decision:
    - Drag an ‘Assign a task’ action onto the designer
    - Select ‘Form based’
    - Enable/disable ‘Multiple outcomes’ based on whether a decision needs to be made
    - Click on ‘Design Form’
    - Drag on a form control to capture remarks
    - This form control will now be available for use as a Variable in your workflow, where the captured response will be the Variable value.

17. Connection Error After Exiting Connection Creation

Currently when you cancel creating a new connection from within the Connections Manager, there is always a message that there was a connection error: "An error has occurred with creating your connection. Please try again later."

While the connection was not created, there also was not really an error, so this messaging should probably be updated to reflect what actually happened.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Show expired trial more clearly when opening designer

I would be nice to show a toaster indicating my trial has expired BEFORE I spend the time designing it and then finding out I cannot save it....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. REST endpoints for external system to query Nintex Workflow Cloud

e.g.
    REST endpoint to get list of workflow task
    REST api to approve or update a workflow task
    support of REST api is important when external systems needs to integrates with NWC.

e.g. external system calls external start workflow, returning the workflow instance id. External system calls api with instance id to get the workflow status, etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow comparison between Integer variables and decimals

If I define two variables, X (as Integer) and Y (as Decimal) I should be able to perform basic math comparisons between them. But NWC does not allow these variables to be compared in a Condition action.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Feedback and Knowledge Base