5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable action "Nintex Workflow Cloud - Get tasks" to query tasks created by action "Assign a task to multiple users"

The "Get Tasks" action cannot obtain any information about tasks created by "Assign a task to multiple users". Accordingly, there is no way to detect the ongoing tasks from the same workflow or other workflows. Although I implemented the workaround by combining "Assign a task" actions and "Run parallel paths" action, the parallel tasks cannot be more than 9 due to the limitation of "Run parallel" action, and the workflow design gets very complicated.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Security trim a form so only users who have permissions can access the form

Capability to show hide forms according to whom business owner decides. Some forms should only be available for few users within the business/department and the process owner should be able to give remove access.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Active Directory Connector - Query User - Adding additional AD fields

Additional common Azure Active Directory Connector fields need to be pulled in for querying a users by such as Office. We are needing to use the Active Directory Query Users Control to pull emails for staff members based off their Office and Job Title. With this we have notice that with this control, we can query most of the basic fields in Azure AD other then Office. Adding this would help where multiple people have the same title but are in different office building.

This is based on a ticket (case 00404834) I put in about a month ago where…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SmartSheet as Start Event

Hello Team!

As per Dustin Namdar, to create a UserVoice request for activating Nintex Workflow based on a new row or a change being taken place in a row of Smartsheet.
    I am sharing the API for add row and others below, that might help with the interface structure.
    https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/#rows

In short, looking for a new start event based on new rows added to Smartsheet.

Thank you

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Although we’re providing an update to the smartsheet connector this month, it unfortunately doesn’t include Start Events.

We’re monitoring this item further to see if we’ll add this support in the future.

5. Send Info Via SmartSheet Connection

Hi Team!

I'd like to be able to send information to SmartSheet from my workflow. Currently the SmartSheet connector only supports retrieving information which limits my ability to use the connector.

Thanks!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide whole form data as a JSON object

Hello,

I have a workflow with 8-10 levels of approval. The workflow is initiated by an API. I then have to copy the data points (about 100 fields) into a local variable. I then have a task form which will be set with default values from local variable. In essence I need to display all the data received to the Approver.

Now I have further challenge. Approvers can make changes to data before Approving. After every stage of Approval I need to send a snapshot of information back to the API.

This means I need to copy the data one…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Automatically place cursor in search box after clicking the X to clear the search box

Automatically place cursor in search box after clicking the X to clear the search box. This applies to the workflow and forms designers, in all search boxes.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Box Get Folders - Change Sort Order

When getting folders from Box, we are looping through them and due to the number of folders, the instance is taking over 10 mins at times.
    If we had the ability to loop through folders in descending order rather than ascending, it will move the queue much faster.
    Thanks

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing the feedback on the Box – Get Folder action.

The initial request is primarily due to slow workflows. Sorting folders is of course an option, but would filtering the folders (to get a smaller resultset) also be a suitable solution?

Kind regards,
    Ruben d’Arco

9. File variable support in Nintex Gateway for SQL On-premises

The Nintex gateway has been updated to include support for SQL On-premises.
    There is a current data type limitation where file variables in a NWC workflow are not supported to binary, image, varbinary datatype fields.
    It would be great to be able to capture an attachment to an NWC form and save it into an on-premise SQL table in a varbinary field.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Configure the welcome email

It would be great it the welcome email could be configured, or even disabled. Most of our users don't know what Nintex is, so when they receive this email they question where it's come from and what it's for. If it could be configured, to add a different logo in or change the text that would be very useful. Alternatively if there was an option to switch it off completely, that may also be useful.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. custom confirmation message

Hi! Could we please have a custom confirmation once a WFC form is submitted? Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for you input.  So that we are clear on the ask, is the attached page, the page you like to customize.  If yes, what would be your priority list in customization capability? (i.e. 1. Text, 2.Bold, 3.Bullets, 4.Text justification, etc)

12. Make all fields in the Instances tab sortable.

When viewing the Instances tab we cannot sort by the various fields displayed on the page. Please enable sorting for all fields (Instance name, Workflow name, Status, Date initiated, Date completed).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Split the option 'form available as' for Nintex Mobile and My Nintex

It would be very helpful to split the option 'This form is available as' between Nintex Mobile and My Nintex.

For example I might want to specify that a form is available in the Nintex Mobile app but not listed on the My Nintex page.

See screenshot attached for option I am referring to.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Do not crash the workflow when a member cannot be removed from a SharePoint Group

Please do not crash my workflow in the action "Remove user from a SharePoint Group".
    It is absolutely wonderful that you return an object that tells me if the removal was successful or not. That is exactly how it should be for every action.
    BUT (crying sounds in the background) still the workflow crashes if the user cannot be found! See screenshot.
    Please please never let workflows fail for things like this. I am sure you're going to fix this... ;-)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Do not crash the workflow when a member cannot be added to a team in MS Teams

When I add a member to a team in MS Teams and it cannot be added for whatever reason currently the workflow bluntly crashes.
    Please don't do that to us ;-) That is sooo 2020.
    Can you please return an object that tells me if it was successful or not?

This is not just the case for this MS Teams connector action but it still happens in more actions. Golden rule is to never ever crash a workflow for such a reason but always return a 'success' object. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Data source

WHen using a Data source in WFC Forms, there are 2 limitations that need to be dealt with. 1. Data source needs the ability to filter data based on another field 2. Data source needs to be able to handle filters in a view for sharepoint. Since a sharepoint list can technically handle 20K rows most admin create filtered views to deal with this much data. If data source can not filter in the form, then the developer needs to filter in the list.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you very much for posting your feedback. The data source variables feature today, provides you the ability to create a condition to filter your data on both cases. If we did not understand the feedback correctly, please elaborate further.

17. SharePoint Online Retrieve an item - Get the direct Item URL in the resulting object

In the resulting object of a Retrieve an item action, there no "Item URL" property. It's possible to recreate it with the rest of the properties but it leads to more character string actions (possible to use a component workflow for that though).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow add buttons to NWC form

It would be very helpful if we could add buttons to NWC forms and specify what value they set to a field. For example, I would like to give my users the ability to click cancel on a form. Then the workflow will perform some tasks (like update the SP list item Status to "Cancelled") and then the workflow ends.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider a button control for future releases.

Cheers,
    Euan

19. Allow passing form values to an Nintex Form task through NWC API

Can NWC API provide an endpoint to pass form values (in JSON), together with the required outcome, to an Nintex Form task?
    If so, it can allow a better integration with the engine with our existing applications.
    I think, it can also be a new task type for this "form-less" tasks, which need to consume assignee's input values through our own system.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion. Help me understand the need for the Nintex tasks in your use case.

Would your use case be better served if there was the ability to create a custom action that could wait on a response from an application?

20. Allow query of NWC Tasks by assignee

There is a big push to use NWC over O365 for workflows, but I am unable to utilize NWC for our core workflows because I can't send one email that lists all of the tasks waiting for each person.

in the old SharePoint, users got individual email reminders for each active task. They hated it and it resulted in them ignoring the emails or creating rules to hide them because there were too many. They are all excited that in Nintex, I am sending them only 1 daily reminder email that lists all of the open tasks for them, including…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base