5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow NWC to Upload CSV or XLSM Files from Form

.xlsm and .csv file extensions are not supported for file uploads on Nintex forms. This is frustrating because we use data files in this format that we want to upload via a Nintex form.

Users must save the files as a .xlsx file before they can upload files

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Already Exists  ·  1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. SharePoint Admin Connection - Security Loophole in Nintex Workflow Cloud

Hello,

I have a scenario to be accomplished using NWC workflows as below.

1. Steve – site collection admin in Site 1
    2. Bob - site collection admin in Site 2
    3. Steve would like to create a workflow in Site 1 which should use SharePoint Admin connection
    4. Bob would like to create a workflow in Site 2 which should use SharePoint Admin connection
    5. Steve and Bob should not be able to accidentally delete or modify items from each others site.

How can the above scenario handled using NWC? One SP Admin connection or Two SP Admin connections?

The connection, when created requires…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The global administrator request in this case is called consent(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/manage-apps/configure-admin-consent-workflow), this provides permission to use the app that allows NWC to connect with SharePoint and not the permissions used by the connection to perform the operation. 

The connection uses the permission of the user who created that connection and they will not have any access they did not have in SharePoint. So in your case you would need to have 2 connections with the required access level(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Connectors/SharePointOnlineConnector.htm). These could be created by the end user using their permissions or potentially using service accounts if you would prefer. 

I would also recommend restricting access to use the connection in workflows to stop unauthorised users using that connection(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Dashboard/Connections.htm).

Please let us know if you have any further questions,

Cheers,

Leigh

3. Ability to format date to date only

We need the ability to format date to string with a user friendly output of MM/DD/YYYY (04/08/2022) and no time as well as MON DD, YYYY with not time (Apr 8, 2022)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kerrie,

Thanks for reaching out!

This capability already exists in the "Format date to string" action. See the attached image showing the 2 date formats that you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Kate Huynh

4. Retrieve all comments for multiple users

Using the 'Assign a task to multiple users' action with a complete condition of All must respond, it would be really useful to be able to collect and use the comments of all the users, in one variable.

The returned object does currently include the comment and the user, but the format of the response does not look easy to parse to something useable.

Support Ticket confirmed this is not possible

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Russ,

We have existing methods to traverse through the Task response data, or collection variables.

1. Loop for each action is used to process collections of data - This will allow you to extract the values from each response. https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/LoopforEach.htm

2. The next step depends on how you want to consume this data. One option is to use Create a text string and use the values from Loop for each. https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/Actions/CreateaTextString.htm.

I have attached screenshots of an example of a workflow design that will extract the Responder and their corresponding Comment. The next image is of how the text string will print.

If you have any further questions around this scenario, or anything else in NWC, please reach out to me directly - kate.huynh@nintex.com

Regards,

Kate

5. Be able to share a Template between Tenants within a license

We have multiple tenants within our license environment and we need to be able to share workflow templates or form or RPA or PROMAPP processes between tenants in a quick simple way

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have export/import mechanisms across each of these products, which will allow the sharing of Workflows/Forms/Bots/maps across tenants/environments. There are no restrictions for sharing assets between tenants or licenses.

NWC Workflows: Export workflows

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Dashboard/Workflows.htm#Export

NWC Forms: Export in the Form designer's toolbar

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nwc/Content/Designer/FormsDesignerCanvas.htm#Toolbar

Promapp: Export a process

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/promapp/Processes/PrintProcess.htm

RPA: Export a bot

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/rpa/Environment/Foxtrot_Window/Menus.htm#Botflow

6. Give "Business Owners" the ability to view pending/completed tasks associated with instance in workflow tracking

The option of assigning a business owner against a workflow is great and gives certain users access to view all workflow instances.
    It would be great if they could also see completed and pending tasks against those instances.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Connor, The workflow tracker provides the same activity feed that is shown for both forms and tasks where you can see all previously completed tasks as well as those currently active and associated assignees. It won't however show future tasks that have not already started yet which may be what you are asking? 

7. Add ability to have a start event that allows you look for modifications on a specific SharePoint field

MS PowerAutomate allows you to look for modifications to a specific SharePoint field in a modified list item. Nintex does not offer that capability.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SmartSheet Start Event

I recently have seen the updates to the Smartsheet connector... huge thanks to everyone for that! It's going to make our work much easier. The one thing preventing us from making full use of it is workflow start events. My team would love to see a start event based on a New or Updated Smartsheet row similar to the SharePoint - New or Updated item. This would allow us to completely migrate to Smartsheet rather than being split between SmartSheet and SharePoint.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Attachment review on/in a task form

attachments from initial start form, allowed to be attached for review in a task form

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. task list

I really would like to have the ability to create and designate a task list per workflow, like there is in O365. I'd really like to be able to use the task list on the same site as the O365 list that is used to start the workflow. Or at bare minimum, the ability to open the task from the NWC Tasks list. If it isn't part of the workflow to extract the task information, there doesn't appear to be any way to see it.

Side note, it would also be really helpful to see the date of posts in…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Anne,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request.

NWC did release a feature not long after your request here:

Workflow Tracking in My Nintex: In this release, we introduce the new workflow tracking capability, which provides a way for business owners to monitor, track, and gain insights into all of the workflows they own. The business owner is a new persona and can be assigned against individual workflows through the permissions settings.

Being assigned as a business owner of a workflow provides access to the new workflow tracking dashboard within My Nintex. This provides business owners visibility to all instances of all workflows, including:

- Access to the full My Nintex activity feed

- Viewing of all start and task form submissions

- Monitoring of all completed and active tasks

If this doesn't provide enough information, or the right view you're after, please feel free to…

11. Remove URL from email hyperlink

This isn't a showstopper of a problem, but I've noticed that when I add a hyperlink to an NWC email, NWC adds the URL of the link. See the example below (I've excised our tenant ID). I added my hyperlink to the word "HERE" and NWC has added the rest. I'd prefer it if this extra text not be added. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking this started only in the last few months.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the link option to set the text and url separately(see attached). This should make the text doesn't have the url, if you are still seeing an issue I would raise with support and they will be able to investigate.

12. Support basic HTML in Document Generation

Would welcome support of Rich text multi-line text fields in Document Generation. At least allow us to have bold, italic and especially a link supported when generating a PDF from a Word template.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This does exist when the data is coming from a rich text field in column in SharePoint the same way it does for Office 365. There has been some issues in the past regarding to SharePoint changing the markup being stored resulting in the html being rendered as staright html in the document, this is beyond our control. 

13. NWC switch by value action needs a default branch for unhandled values

Switch condition does not have an other loop. Trying to migrate a Nintex Office 365 workflow to NWC but due to lack of this functionality, the migrated WF cannot be like for like.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. SharePoint List information will not update

Working with the SharePoint "Create an item" and after using "Retrieve lists" and realizing I needed to add/remove some fields in my list, it does not reflect. I tried creating an entirely new list and using "Retrieve lists" and it does not see the new list I created.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Already Exists  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. NWC equivalent of Office 365 Create an item or Document set

Team, the nintex workflow cloud "Create an item" sharepoint action, only lets you create an item is a specific list when it's picked. Since it's not the equivalent of the "Office 365 Create an item or document set" in Nintex O365, we are finding it hard to migrate some of the dynamics workflows we had to NWC.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assign a task with one resulting path

It would be very helpful to have an "assign a task" that doesn't require a two-path decision outcome. Often we are finding that we want to assign someone to simply update a variable and flow down the same route no matter what decision is made. However, with the options we have now, doing this requires some work-arounds or dead-end paths.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Already Exists  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to view completed task form

I have a NWC workflow that, amongst other things, assigns a task to the submitter's manager. The manager completes a few multiple choice fields, fills in their name, etc., then ticks their approval to complete the form.

I really need to be able to view that completed form. I have included the collection variables from the multiple choice fields in a subsequent email that the workflow generates, but it would be great to be able to see what options they haven't ticked.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This capability already exists within My Nintex. Be default is you are involved within a process you have access to view both the submitted form as well as any task forms that are completed thorugh the workflow including all outcomes. Also, if you assign a business owner then all instances (not jsut yourown) including all forms, etc are visibile via workflow trcking in My Nintex. 

18. Easier user admin when using Azure SSO

The ability to automatically add new users nightly from Azure AD (if SSO is hooked up) or at least when adding new users, show pick list of users not already added from Azure Ad.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Already Exists  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Variables without having to remove existing variables from workflow actions

When I want to add a new variable after I've used existing variables in other actions in the workflow, i have to remove the existing variables from all the actions in the workflow. If that happens to be an action creating an item. That's a lot to remove and then add back in. We should be able to add variables whenever we like.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joanne,

Apologies for the huge delay in responding to your request.

If I understand your scenario correct, the capability to replace variables/actions now exists.

If you configure an action's output and use these parameters in subsequent actions, you can replace that output with a newly created variable/object - If this results in variable references being orphaned, you will be given a "Delete or Replace" experience in the Variable panel to fix any broken references.

You can also delete the action, which will result in the same behaviour.

Hopefully this solved the problem you were encountering. If not, please do reach out again to work through the problem further.

Regards,

Kate

20. use Form based/Express Approval Assign Task Actions in one Go

Hi,

Use case is I'm showing the information captured in previous step of workflow via form need to show in next action where Reviewer A should see the request details in email. Reviewer A should be able to perform below actions:

1) Checking the request detail on email and extend approval by directly clicking on URL/Action button (Reject/Approve) via email or by responding to Reject/Approve to email

2) If Reviewer A thinks information needs to be updated he should click on the form link available in the form and edit or add some comments and submit form

Means, Reviewer A…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Already Exists  ·  1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base