5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Security trim a form so only users who have permissions can access the form

Capability to show hide forms according to whom business owner decides. Some forms should only be available for few users within the business/department and the process owner should be able to give remove access.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Open for voting  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will update the ticket if we have anything to share on this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

2. Purge NWC Instance Data on demand or on schedule

It would be useful to have the ability to purge the instance data related to a workflow, especially for circumstances where you're collecting personal information.
    An example scenario would be to collect personal data via a NWC workflow with a form submission as a start event, then copying that data into a separate repository (such as SharePoint Online). Upon confirming the data was successfully copied, purging the workflow instance data.
    The other option could be a setting per workflow as to how long to retain instance data after the workflow completes either successfully or encounters an error.

This is similar…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create PDF Rule of Completed Form

The ability from a form rule to create a PDF of the completed form.

Often on submit customers want to save a copy of the completed form itself in PDF format to a document store for record keep purposes.

Developers don't want to create a separate report for this purpose, a quick and dirty print to PDF that looks reasonably clean will tick the box for this requirement for auditability requirements.

The document should then be made available within the workflow to save away accordingly in a workflow event.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Cheers,
    Euan

4. Rename Workflow Name

Would be great to have the ability to rename an existing workflow without creating a copy of it and having to delete the original workflow etc. Thanks.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pre-populating Answers and Repeating Sections

In my organisation, forms need be signed-off by several levels of management before they are complete. If they're unsatisfied with anything, this can be passed back to the previous stage. This means I need to save and recover the current answers, then pre-populate them in the form at each stage.

Currently I do this by saving answers to a SQL database, then recalling them as a comma delimited string and using a substring to 'cut up' the answers. I did try extracting each answer as a row in a Collection (by using a Pivot table in SQL), but this required…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

6. Be able to print to PDF for all submitted form tasks

Would be great to be able to print PDFs of all submitted form tasks in the Instance tab. We can already do this for Instance Start Data, but we have subsequent approval forms we'd like to print to PDF.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow for HTML/JavaScript within labels or within a separate control on the form.

If we can add custom HTML/JavaScript to the NWC forms then we can enhance it in so many ways. From adding google address lookups to applying custom themes.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Cheers,
    Euan

8. Task Form Link Variable

It would be great to have a default variable in the workflow the workflow that stores the link to a task form. Right now I grab these through the API connections but it would be much more intuitive and clean on the developer end if we didn't need to.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to build or get submitted form URL

The ability to get the URL of the form submitted. We have two scenarios,

1. We need to send a link to the original form through the task. this eliminates the requirement for us to recreate the whole start form again (No Export import capability which makes things even harder).

2.We need the capability to use this link on a PowerBI dash board for reporting purposes so the management can see the summary of the data through the dashboard and view the full form by clicking the line item from the report?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Cheers,
    Euan

10. Ability for fill in choices for the 'Choice - multiple' control

It would be great if Forms supported fill in choices (other) like SharePoint supports.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. I have updated the idea to be specific to ‘Choice – multiple’.

This has been added to the backlog. If this changes, I will update the status of this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

11. DEV Testing

I was just reading up about the testing feature within the NWC workflow designer. I've used this feature before and have found it helpful for some of my less complex workflows for testing simpler ideas. I've found that I do not make use of it with my production workflows however because it still sends out tasks and emails to whoever they are typically assigned to. When I do testing I can't be sending my vendors and coworkers extraneous emails. It'd be helpful to have the testing feature default all emails and tasks to my own email rather than running them…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Email link to Saved Form NWC

It would be fantastic if it was possible to configure an email to be sent with a link to a 'saved' form whenever the save button is utilised for an Authenticated Form.
    In our organisation the majority of users do not have access to MyNintex and thus despite all forms being authenticated, it is not possible to use the save functionality. Ideally this email would have the same functionality as the 'Assign a task' email.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

13. Execute a SmartObject event - Support for Documents and Files (load)

Would be great if we could load documents and files out of K2 Cloud SmartObjects into NWC for use in NWC actions such as upload file to Box or DropBox. Presently for example the load event for a SO Event brings back the record metadata but will exclude the document or file itself if the load event is called. There is no GetDocument method.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Contributor Permission level with Workflow Variables created from NWC Automate Start menu

I'll try to make this short winded. The problem or what I want to solve for is having dynamic text (variable) within an NWC workflow form that can change dynamically of something exterior of the Form/Workflow within a Label, Description, or potentially other where a user whom is not a workflow designer can contribute without changing anything or accessing the workflow itself. Let me explain further on the architecture...I'm hoping for a "Contributor" whom owns the process but does not need access to the workflow, think almost a permission level between a participant and designer, where they could potentially see…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

15. Exclude weekends from task assignment reminders and escalations

Hi there, it would be great to be able to cater for business days only (exclude weekends), when configuring NWC task assignment reminders and escalations. Currently when specifying days as part of reminders and escalations there seems to be no easy way to exclude weekends. Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

17. Prevent multiple submissions

I currently have a use case in which it would be nice if there was a setting in NWC to prevent users from submitting a form more than once. Our previous forms software had this ability. I wish NWC did too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

18. Ability to view & delete list item attachments in task form

We need the ability to view and delete attachments that are attached to a SharePoint list item, from a task form.

When approvers need to approve a form, they need to be able to see the attachments associated with the item. And if necessary, they may want to replace one of the existing attachments with a different attachment so they should be able to delete a specific attachment and then upload a new one.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

19. Unable to get the repeating section values to be added on the approval form in NWC

In the Nintex Workflow Cloud Form we are using the repeating section, the process starts with Form submission then proceed with Task Approval. When developing the Task Approval Form we cannot get the repeating section values to be added on the Task Approval Form.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

20. Set value of 'Choice - Multiple' control through rules

I've come across a use case in which it would be helpful if checking a box in one choice field would uncheck a box in a previous choice field. In other words, clicking the box in the second field invalidates the checked box in the first.

Also, I haven't come across such a need myself, but I could also see the need for the ability to hide or "gray out" certain options in a multi-choice field based on one of the other options being selected. For example, if my options were 1,2,3,4,5 and the user selects 3, the 4 and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers, Euan

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base