5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

How can we improve Nintex Workflow Cloud?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Regional Data Centres with the ability to create data regions

Ability to have NWC run in multiple data centres. Starting with one to choose depending on my preferred location, followed by the ability to create different data regions. Handy for multinational organisations that want to ensure data is hosted where their regional subsidiary is located.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support non-OK status-code in xtensions

Currently if a xtension responds with a code other than 2xx the call is considered to be a failure.

However many APIs legitimately return a status-code other than 2xx. For example if you query a service and no results are found, many APIs return 404 - "Not Found". This is a valid response and I would like to react on this response within the workflow. Many times this would result in either creating a new record (if a query returns 404) or updating an existing record (if a query returns 200).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Xtensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add connector to Google Drive Team Drives

Google Drive connector only supports personal drive access. To use NWC in enterprise environment with Google Drive, Team Drives access is required

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Integrate with Okta for SSO and user provisioning

Integrate with Okta for SSO and user provisioning

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why no Auto Save??

I lost a more than a day of work, hours!
    and no automatic save feature....

This alone will cause me not to go with Nintex as a solution. I can't afford this.
    I've testes over 8 solutions this month, and all offer auto save.
    The mighty Nintex does not....

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add metadata when storing file in SharePoint Online

When using "Store a file" in the SharePoint Online connector, it is not possible to assign metadata. The metadata is even required, so the file uploaded is not completed. So you must store them fileID and then update the item with the correct metadata. Would be much more convenient to let us add metadata at once!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Arne,

Apologies in the delay in responding to you, and thanks again for submitting your requests!

This scenario makes sense – I’ll add this into our backlog for review and prioritisation. I will endeavour to keep this ticket updated with any progress.

Regards,
    Kate

7. Enhance scheduled start

I would love to see enhancements to scheduled start. Scenarios I would like to see are:

- Every x Monday of the month
    - Every x workday of the month

Regards,
    Daniel

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Access to Task URL (currently only found in task email)

Access to Task URL (currently only found in task email)
    Get Task URL to be able to add to an open tasks dashboard or elsewhere.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Versioning and Collaboration

When working on a workflow with someone else, it would be great if editing was locked if someone else had it opened in edit.. Also the ability to place notes on Publish / Save with Workflow version number.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Image link in send an email

Please add the ability to add an image link when drafting the email body of send the email. We have a need to incorporate into the email signature the organisation's Logo and link to the organisation's web site but the functionality is not there on Nintex Workflow Cloud whilst Nintex Workflow O365 and On Premise has this ability

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search instance details for text.

I'd like to be able to search through instance details for text. If I have 50 workflows kick off on a Box - New File upload start event (All with the same workflow name), and I want to find a specific one, it's currently impossible without just opening each one. If I log the filename or such, and I could search for the correct instance, that would be super useful. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to Delete Instances

Ability to delete instances. Without the ability to delete instances the API pulls all instances including all of the test instances which is just added noise to our reports.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Clint,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will add this suggestion into the backlog for review.

In the mean time – are you able to publish your workflow with “Test” in the name, and only when it’s Production ready, republish as new workflow? That way your query only needs to refer to the instances against the new workflow.
    Regards,
    Kate

13. Nintex Cloud Instances - Export Feature

Would be awesome to have a select option "Select All" export to CSV button. At the moment I'm having to open a failed instance in a new tab (Because if you click back on normal window you'll have to manually scroll back down to where you were) one by one at the "Instance start data" and pasting it into an Excel spreadsheet to get a better picture of why it failed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Secured forms on NWC for item submission + tasks

All the forms (Items + tasks) are now fully public. Everyone who has access to the link can act on it. How can you be sure that your task is not going to be answered by someone who shouldn't have access to it ? You can't. So, how do you secure your workflow? You can't.

Can we have a way to secure every kind of forms? like a SalesForce / Google/Microsoft "passeport"? and the ability to only allow a list of users (or using wild searches : *@mydomain.com) to connect to this form!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow pipe and comma in Choice options

We frequently have the need to include comma ( , ) and pipe ( | ) characters in our choice options. Is it possible to allow those characters? For example, we have a product whose name is "REALTY|share" and have some forms with choice options along the lines of "Yes, please contact me immediately!"

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. SharePoint Online for Document Generation Action

It would be really nice to have the option of SharePoint Online for the DocGen Action.

On the Office 365 side only being able to use OneDrive for DocGen is very limiting. We need to be able to use DocGen from SharePoint Online as well. This allows us to create anonymous forms for O365 or for example if I am working within a Sales Process, I would want to get my DocGen Template from my Sales SharePoint Online Site and then Store it back there and/or Salesforce.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display context in modal dialogs

When deleting a workflow or connection it would be helpful to display the actual name of the element to be deleted in the modal dialog. I like the warning, prior to deleting something - but in order to avoid accidental deletion I would appreciate to see the name of the item being deleted.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Task delegation

It could be useful to have delegation concept also for tasks in NWC, it should be done through the task dashboard or through API.

Delegation could be done by an administrator or by the assignee (it should be possible to disable this capability for the task assignee, like in on-prem version of Nintex Workflow)

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The ablity to rerun a workflow, especially one that starts from a form

I had a workflow that failed from a form start and had no way to restart the workflow or retrieve the information that had been entered into the form. Once I fixed the error in my connections, I couldn't rerun it. I also couldn't access the initial information in the form. The data the user had entered is lost and I can't track down any information about what was submitted.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Secure Datagateway to on-premises LOB system

As pr. now if we need to connect to on-premises LOB data from O365 workflow/form or Workflow Cloud, we need to make the SQL server/LOB system available through internet. For many this is not an option. Please consider a solution like Microsofts Datagateway for Flow and PowerApps. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/gateway-reference

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Feedback and Knowledge Base