5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview and Print Form after submission

Would like to have ability to be able Preview and Print the NWC Form after Form submission.

[ ref:00D90q6Cb.5002v2r1FCN:ref ]

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Just some clarifying questions – is the need to preview and print the form submission extending beyond the time of the initial submission. i.e. able to come back in x number of days and be able to view the form submission?

2. Embed an authenticated NWC form in SharePoint iframe

Currently you can embed a non-authenticated NWC form in SharePoint very nicely, however you are unable to embed an authenticated one. My tenant uses Azure AD SSO for NWC so in theory pass through auth should work pretty seamlessly. This would be extremely helpful!

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion, Shawn. I have added this to the backlog for consideration.

Cheers,
    Euan

3. Dynamic dropdown options

Make the dropdown field options able to be determined by rules.

IF variable1 = 'x' THEN dropdown options = 'a,b,c'
    IF variable1 = 'y' THEN dropdown options = 'd,e,f'

etc.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Oracle Connector to Nintex Workflow Cloud

Will you please add an Oracle Connector to Nintex Workflow Cloud that would permit workflows to log in to an Oracle database as a user and perform tasks that the user is authorized to perform (e.g., Create, Read, Update, Delete, Select) operations? Thank you.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Security trim a form so only users who have permissions can access the form

Capability to show hide forms according to whom business owner decides. Some forms should only be available for few users within the business/department and the process owner should be able to give remove access.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow add buttons to NWC form

It would be very helpful if we could add buttons to NWC forms and specify what value they set to a field. For example, I would like to give my users the ability to click cancel on a form. Then the workflow will perform some tasks (like update the SP list item Status to "Cancelled") and then the workflow ends.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider a button control for future releases.

Cheers,
    Euan

7. Populate a NWC Forms single choice Form control with JSON objects from custom API

It would be good if we could automatically populate a single choice Form control (in my case it would be a drop-down list) using JSON objects obtained from a custom API (maybe populate the list by using an on Form load Rule?), and have it submit the supplied 'value' upon submission (in my case it would be a UID relating to records in our bespoke system).

This functionality I am after already exists within the Workflow Designer, via the values defined in the x-ntx-dynamic-values JSON vendor extension, but it does not appear to be possible within the Form Designer.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Sam. We are currently looking into our Data Sources feature which allows you to connect to different systems and populate a drop down control.

8. There is not currently a way to get distinct values in a data lookup

I would like the ability to display distinct values from a SharePoint 365 List using the data lookup control.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add actionable message to task email

There needs to be an option to add lazy approval actionable message to emails generated from tasks. One of the biggest drawbacks that is keeping me from switching from O365 to Cloud, is that option.

With current cloud lazy approval, user has to reply to email with response. With O365 actionable message, the user can click simply click on a response button. Having the user reply to an email, adds a layer of complexity that will allow for errors and delayed processes.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SmartSheet as Start Event

Hello Team!

As per Dustin Namdar, to create a UserVoice request for activating Nintex Workflow based on a new row or a change being taken place in a row of Smartsheet.
    I am sharing the API for add row and others below, that might help with the interface structure.
    https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/#rows

In short, looking for a new start event based on new rows added to Smartsheet.

Thank you

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although we’re providing an update to the smartsheet connector this month, it unfortunately doesn’t include Start Events.

We’re monitoring this item further to see if we’ll add this support in the future.

11. Send Info Via SmartSheet Connection

Hi Team!

I'd like to be able to send information to SmartSheet from my workflow. Currently the SmartSheet connector only supports retrieving information which limits my ability to use the connector.

Thanks!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Support non-OK status-code in xtensions

Currently if a xtension responds with a code other than 2xx the call is considered to be a failure.

However many APIs legitimately return a status-code other than 2xx. For example if you query a service and no results are found, many APIs return 404 - "Not Found". This is a valid response and I would like to react on this response within the workflow. Many times this would result in either creating a new record (if a query returns 404) or updating an existing record (if a query returns 200).

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Xtensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide whole form data as a JSON object

Hello,

I have a workflow with 8-10 levels of approval. The workflow is initiated by an API. I then have to copy the data points (about 100 fields) into a local variable. I then have a task form which will be set with default values from local variable. In essence I need to display all the data received to the Approver.

Now I have further challenge. Approvers can make changes to data before Approving. After every stage of Approval I need to send a snapshot of information back to the API.

This means I need to copy the data one…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Success Information - Form sent

After submitting a form the form redirects to the success message which is always "Form submitted successfully."
    Although it's possible to route to another publicly available site instead, it would be awesome to just modify the text message to reflect different languages. In our case it would be sufficient to have that text in German without the need to build a whole site for this and host it.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Dan. It is something we have been discussing internally and put into the backlog.

15. Azure Active Directory Connector - Query User - Adding additional AD fields

Additional common Azure Active Directory Connector fields need to be pulled in for querying a users by such as Office. We are needing to use the Active Directory Query Users Control to pull emails for staff members based off their Office and Job Title. With this we have notice that with this control, we can query most of the basic fields in Azure AD other then Office. Adding this would help where multiple people have the same title but are in different office building.

This is based on a ticket (case 00404834) I put in about a month ago where…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Task Form File Available as File Variable

Currently files that are uploaded into a Task Form within NWC cannot be added to a File variable within the workflow designer as they're held as 'Collections' vs. 'Files'. Would be great if files from Task Forms acted as files throughout the rest of the workflow design.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. E-Mail validation message

Right now the validation error message of the e-mail control in NWC is "The email is not valid."
    It would be helpful to add custom messages so that we can translate this message to different languages or additional information.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Enrico. We are looking into custom validation messages as part of Universal Forms.

18. Return data lookup value as object

I have several areas in my forms where I need a data lookup field on my form to return more than one value from the SharePoint list item that is selected.
    For example, my Location data lookup field needs to save the location as the value and the label. BUT I also need to save the corresponding Abbreviation (another column in that SP source list) for that location into a different field so that I can use that Abbreviation in a filter on the form.

I have seen Euan's helpful video on a work around but that work around won't…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion. We are currently looking into this feature.

I will update this ticket when we have more to share.

Cheers,
    Euan

19. import workflows with missing custom actions

ref:00D90q6Cb.5002v2sALNR:ref

If a workflow contains a custom action from another environment, and then the workflow is imported into another environment, without that custom action. The import will fail.

Please implement a mechanism to cope with missing actions, so that the workflow can be imported in and give the end user the option to remove the incompatible action.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Xtensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Projects + Project-specific permissions

As NWC works at present, everything is in large, global lists. Workflows, Connections and Data Sources show everything. Permissions are at one top-tier level in the tenant (with the additional layer of granting ownership to individual workflows). While this works if the team using NWC is just a small set of developers in IT, I think going forward many users would like to use NWC as more of a hub they can manage their Nintex projects (and complete their tasks/forms*) from - the current structure doesn’t allow for something like this.
    * really loving the addition of the My Nintex…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base