5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Schedule Start Form

Would be great to schedule a pause or essentially control times when a Start Form can be turned On or Off administratively.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Start condition on dynamic date

When setting up the start condition on an event from a 3rd party SaaS system, it is currently impossible to use a dynamic date value like 'Today' or 'Instance start date' as you cannot insert variables into the start condition.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Insert Variables Flyout idea

The Insert Variables flyout shown when inserting variables into an action's configuration should either not close when scrolling through the action's properties, or there should be a checkbox in that flyout to not close it when scrolling through the properties, default to not checked.

I find that if I have to insert a lot of variables into an action configuration (Create Item in Office 365 for example) then if I have to scroll down to reach more fields, the flyout will close, requiring me to open it again and search for the variables I was last at to insert more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Contributor Permission level with Workflow Variables created from NWC Automate Start menu

I'll try to make this short winded. The problem or what I want to solve for is having dynamic text (variable) within an NWC workflow form that can change dynamically of something exterior of the Form/Workflow within a Label, Description, or potentially other where a user whom is not a workflow designer can contribute without changing anything or accessing the workflow itself. Let me explain further on the architecture...I'm hoping for a "Contributor" whom owns the process but does not need access to the workflow, think almost a permission level between a participant and designer, where they could potentially see…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will update the ticket if we have anything to share on this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. Add claim task option to multi-user tasks

With the multi-user task, please add an ability for a user to claim the task so the other users do not need to action it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Process Creation from WFC

Create a Promapp Process from a WFC workflow or RPA BOT

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Variable for Component Workflow Success of Failure

There is nothing to indicate that a NWC component workflow failed after it's called from another workflow. The calling workflow will continue to run afterwards, even though some or all of the variables passed back are blank. This is better than the O365 workflows that wait forever for a suspended workflow, but not much. A simple boolean success variable would be all it would take to fix it. This is similar to the request that NWC workflow failures send a notification when they fail, but that couldn't be used in a workflow because it would happen after the component completes.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make barcode scanning via camera work in forms that are running in mobile browser window

Barcode scanning via camera is only available when you open the Nintex form in Nintex Mobile.
    Please make barcode scanning work with forms that are running in mobile browser window (including forms with access restriction set to "anyone with the URL")

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Connection - Microsoft Planner

We are intending to transition from using Asana to Microsoft Planner in the future (1-6 months) and currently use the Asana connection. Can a connection to and actions for Microsoft Planner be added to the roadmap?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Browser Page Title

Capability to customize the Page Title. Currently int the browser we will see the Page Title is "Nintex Workflow Cloud". We would like the ability to change this.

[ ref:00D90q6Cb.5002v2qJNrl:ref ]

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. UI enhancement for actions

I would love to see connectors / actions grouped separately. Also, seeing Connectors sub-grouped by type (e.g. database, CRM platforms, file based, etc) would be helpful as there are just so many now.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Display context in modal dialogs

When deleting a workflow or connection it would be helpful to display the actual name of the element to be deleted in the modal dialog. I like the warning, prior to deleting something - but in order to avoid accidental deletion I would appreciate to see the name of the item being deleted.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. workflow initiated datetime in start event context

The datetime for a when a workflow is initiated is not available in the workflow designer.

Consider if I have a form which has a date control for date and time called 'formdate'.

In the workflow designer when I insert a variable I have the 'formdate' in the 'start event'. That has a default value of datenow().
    'Context' give current date/time and as well as workflow instance ID, etc.
    'Start event context' supplies workflow initiator (if authenticated form).

As actions can be delayed (ie use of current datetime) it would be great to have the datetime for when the workflow…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One response per user

Sometimes it would be useful to limit responses to one per user. For instance, as I write this we are using NWC to take a survey of all employees (or at least those who will respond), and it would be nice if NWC could prevent a user from submitting more than one survey. I don't have reason to suspect this will happen, but still it would be nice to have the option. Our previous forms software had this capability.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like an option to restrict access to the NWC tenant by IP address

For security, we would like to restrict access to the NWC tenant by IP address to retrieve information entered into forms as they may contain private consumer data. This would allow us to add our static bank ip address to prevent unauthorized access to this information.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make form rules side config like form styles

LOVE the side config panels for Start Event and Form Styles. Would really like the Form Rules to also be a side panel too. Toggling between tabs is time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion Isaiah. Our rules engine has evolved quite a lot and is a lot more powerful – therefore will not fit into the size of the config panel.

We have discussed how a rule could be created while still retaining context of the form designer. I dont have anything to share at this time, but will update this ticket if the status changes.

Cheers,
    Euan

17. Ability to call internal API

My team is working on creating a form that will utilize the data lookup tool and make a call to our local services (internal API). We've been advised this is not accessible in NWC. The data involved cannot be exposed externally because it is customer sensitive information. We would like the ability to call our internal services in a form to bring back customer information so the end user does not have to populate it all themselves. This will remove the data quality issue we currently have with end user populating a form.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback.
    Today we’ve released the Web Service integration with Nintex Gateway that will allow you to create workflows that can access on-premises web services.

These calls are (unfortunatly) not returning structured data as we wouldn’t know the definition of this structured data on the customer’s side.
    This means that this new integration is not available as a data source and thus would not solve this request.

18. Add time to the search for instances

Very difficult to find workflow instances especially when feeding a batch in at once using RPA. Adding functionality such as the ability to search both date and time would save hours and hours of work.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion.

I’m keen to understand the use case a little better – are you using an RPA Botflow against the instance listing page?

What’s the reason that a batch of instances are being fed to RPA?

19. SharePoint Online Retrieve an item - Get the direct Item URL in the resulting object

In the resulting object of a Retrieve an item action, there no "Item URL" property. It's possible to recreate it with the rest of the properties but it leads to more character string actions (possible to use a component workflow for that though).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not crash the workflow when a member cannot be added to a team in MS Teams

When I add a member to a team in MS Teams and it cannot be added for whatever reason currently the workflow bluntly crashes.
    Please don't do that to us ;-) That is sooo 2020.
    Can you please return an object that tells me if it was successful or not?

This is not just the case for this MS Teams connector action but it still happens in more actions. Golden rule is to never ever crash a workflow for such a reason but always return a 'success' object. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base