• My feedback
  1. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delineate Production and Development Workflow Publishing Permissions

When configuring roles and user permissions there should be a way to configure a user's permission so that they can only publish development workflows vs. being able to publish both development and production workflows.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Access to Deployment Type from with in the workflow

Add Access to Deployment Type from with in the workflow

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. workflow initiated datetime in start event context

The datetime for a when a workflow is initiated is not available in the workflow designer.

Consider if I have a form which has a date control for date and time called 'formdate'.

In the workflow designer when I insert a variable I have the 'formdate' in the 'start event'. That has a default value of datenow().
    'Context' give current date/time and as well as workflow instance ID, etc.
    'Start event context' supplies workflow initiator (if authenticated form).

As actions can be delayed (ie use of current datetime) it would be great to have the datetime for when the workflow…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. sql execute a query - capture error option

In NWC SQL execute a query action there is currently no error handling mechanism.

If there is a network connectivity issue to the SQL connection the action and the workflow is failing.

It would be good to add in the ability to capture errors and store that the error has occurred in a boolean variable so we can build conditional logic in the workflow to gracefully handle the issue and not lose the data from the nintex start form.
    (In my example I'm using an INSERT SQL query)

This could be similar to the Nintex workflow for sharepoint on premise…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show where variables are used in workflow

Within the variable menu you should be able to see where a variable is being used (what actions) within the workflow.

If you need to find and replace a variable within the workflow designer (such as needing to change a variable's type), when working with large workflows it is hard to find where the variables are being used, but you cannot update/remove the variable until all instances are removed from existing actions.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Update File Name in Workflow

Would be great if there was a way to update the name of a file that has been submitted via a Nintex Form within the workflow instance itself. This would make it much easier to associate files with other references provided within the form, such as a Title or Name.

Forum discussion: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud/Add-variable-to-attachment-file-name/td-p/110872

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Task Form File Available as File Variable

Currently files that are uploaded into a Task Form within NWC cannot be added to a File variable within the workflow designer as they're held as 'Collections' vs. 'Files'. Would be great if files from Task Forms acted as files throughout the rest of the workflow design.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to change/customize the sender email address in Nintex Workflow Cloud.

When you send an email in Nintex Workflow Cloud, all the emails will be delivered by <nintex@workflowcloud.com> and we are looking to change this email with one of our own email addresses/domains < noreply@mydomain.com>.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  7 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SharePoint Online Copy a File Action

It would be helpful if the SharePoint site URL field in this action step could except variables. At the moment, the SharePoint site URL needs to be hard-coded which makes this step useless when the workflow is being triggered by an Event Receiver across 2,000+ sites.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have the ability to restart the workflow from within a workflow instance

Would like to restart the workflow from within a workflow instance, so it does not need to be terminated and restarted from the beginning.

ref:00D90q6Cb.5002v2Ytg1v:ref

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Variables without having to remove existing variables from workflow actions

When I want to add a new variable after I've used existing variables in other actions in the workflow, i have to remove the existing variables from all the actions in the workflow. If that happens to be an action creating an item. That's a lot to remove and then add back in. We should be able to add variables whenever we like.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Assign a task - Auto complete task

Missing the ability to auto complete tasks, as found in Nintex for Office 365 for instance.

Would be great if this feature was added to NWC aswell.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to view completed task form

I have a NWC workflow that, amongst other things, assigns a task to the submitter's manager. The manager completes a few multiple choice fields, fills in their name, etc., then ticks their approval to complete the form.

I really need to be able to view that completed form. I have included the collection variables from the multiple choice fields in a subsequent email that the workflow generates, but it would be great to be able to see what options they haven't ticked.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. More date formats

Hey guys, could we have a few more options in the Format date action? e.g. ddd mmm yyyy. i.e. combinations that have full names of days and months both in dd mm order and mm dd order. Cheers

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Retrieving Message header in assign a task action

On the "assign a task" action, we can already retrieve the Message body, that would be great to also retrieve the message header.

It may not be used in many cases but for some cases (we are facing one at the moment on a projetc), we would be able to retrieve the IP of the sender.
    There could be many other usages

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. use Form based/Express Approval Assign Task Actions in one Go

Hi,

Use case is I'm showing the information captured in previous step of workflow via form need to show in next action where Reviewer A should see the request details in email. Reviewer A should be able to perform below actions:

1) Checking the request detail on email and extend approval by directly clicking on URL/Action button (Reject/Approve) via email or by responding to Reject/Approve to email

2) If Reviewer A thinks information needs to be updated he should click on the form link available in the form and edit or add some comments and submit form

Means, Reviewer A…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add actionable message to task email

There needs to be an option to add lazy approval actionable message to emails generated from tasks. One of the biggest drawbacks that is keeping me from switching from O365 to Cloud, is that option.

With current cloud lazy approval, user has to reply to email with response. With O365 actionable message, the user can click simply click on a response button. Having the user reply to an email, adds a layer of complexity that will allow for errors and delayed processes.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stage Beacons - remove beacon data required field

Please remove the requirement of having mandatory Beacon Data, Stage Name should be the only requirement. Have a mandatory Beacon creates a lot more work structuring the data for reporting. You end up with a lot of data will NULL data that must be filtered out.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pause/wait until

We have the need for an action in NWC that is present in Office365 and SharePoint. "Wait until" where we can insert a date.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Arne,

I need to ask a few questions about what you’re trying to achieve:

Is this a specific date that you will configure into the workflow directly (e.g. “I want to wait until April 1st”)?

If not, will you calculate a date in the future, based on the current date (e.g. I want to wait for 7 days from this action completion point)?
    If this is the scenario you are trying to achieve, then “Pause for duration” will be the action you’re looking for. This will let you configure a relative duration to pause for.

If yes, how far in advance will that specific date be? Once that date lapses, will you update the workflow to another date in the future?
    If you have a specific date in mind, then you will have to add 1 more action into your workflow – “Find interval between dates”. By using the…

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base