5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Split the option 'form available as' for Nintex Mobile and My Nintex

It would be very helpful to split the option 'This form is available as' between Nintex Mobile and My Nintex.

For example I might want to specify that a form is available in the Nintex Mobile app but not listed on the My Nintex page.

See screenshot attached for option I am referring to.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability for fill in choices for the 'Choice - multiple' control

It would be great if Forms supported fill in choices (other) like SharePoint supports.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion. I have updated the idea to be specific to ‘Choice – multiple’.

This has been added to the backlog. If this changes, I will update the status of this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

3. Allow multiple items to be added to a collection with one action

Similar to the "Set Variable" action, the "Add Item To Collection" action should allow multiple items to be added to a collection.

Currently, 1 item can be added to a collection at a time. If there are many items that need to be added, this creates a lot of actions. If they could be added in bulk, this would greatly reduce the visual footprint of our workflows, as well as the action count.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Do not crash the workflow when a member cannot be removed from a SharePoint Group

Please do not crash my workflow in the action "Remove user from a SharePoint Group".
    It is absolutely wonderful that you return an object that tells me if the removal was successful or not. That is exactly how it should be for every action.
    BUT (crying sounds in the background) still the workflow crashes if the user cannot be found! See screenshot.
    Please please never let workflows fail for things like this. I am sure you're going to fix this... ;-)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow for HTML/JavaScript within labels or within a separate control on the form.

If we can add custom HTML/JavaScript to the NWC forms then we can enhance it in so many ways. From adding google address lookups to applying custom themes.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will update the ticket if we have anything to share on this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. Do not crash the workflow when a member cannot be added to a team in MS Teams

When I add a member to a team in MS Teams and it cannot be added for whatever reason currently the workflow bluntly crashes.
    Please don't do that to us ;-) That is sooo 2020.
    Can you please return an object that tells me if it was successful or not?

This is not just the case for this MS Teams connector action but it still happens in more actions. Golden rule is to never ever crash a workflow for such a reason but always return a 'success' object. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Task Form Link Variable

It would be great to have a default variable in the workflow the workflow that stores the link to a task form. Right now I grab these through the API connections but it would be much more intuitive and clean on the developer end if we didn't need to.

Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Data source

WHen using a Data source in WFC Forms, there are 2 limitations that need to be dealt with. 1. Data source needs the ability to filter data based on another field 2. Data source needs to be able to handle filters in a view for sharepoint. Since a sharepoint list can technically handle 20K rows most admin create filtered views to deal with this much data. If data source can not filter in the form, then the developer needs to filter in the list.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you very much for posting your feedback. The data source variables feature today, provides you the ability to create a condition to filter your data on both cases. If we did not understand the feedback correctly, please elaborate further.

9. Allow passing form values to an Nintex Form task through NWC API

Can NWC API provide an endpoint to pass form values (in JSON), together with the required outcome, to an Nintex Form task?
    If so, it can allow a better integration with the engine with our existing applications.
    I think, it can also be a new task type for this "form-less" tasks, which need to consume assignee's input values through our own system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SharePoint Online Retrieve an item - Get the direct Item URL in the resulting object

In the resulting object of a Retrieve an item action, there no "Item URL" property. It's possible to recreate it with the rest of the properties but it leads to more character string actions (possible to use a component workflow for that though).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. improve data lookup control with multi-value fields and more

The new Data Lookup control in the Forms designer needs at least these three additional features:
    [1] Support for multi-value fields (really needed soon)
    [2] Allowing multiple Option Labels that will show as multiple columns in the pull down.
    [3] Selecting a field to sort the option list by.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Hi all,

We are currently working on the ability to return multiple properties from a Data Source. Will update this feature when I have more to share.

Cheers,
    Euan

12. Ability to tag a user or a group using the @User function in the NWC Microsoft Teams - Post to a channel (Beta) action.

We will like to see the possibility to tag a Person using the @User function in Microsoft Teams using the NWC Microsoft Teams - Post to a channel (Beta) action.

It will be nice to tag this user via a variable.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Default Value for Data Lookup

Should be able to determine a default value for a Data Lookup control. This could be configured so that the default would be the "first" value returned by the control, or when the data lookup only returns one value it automatically becomes the value that is displayed.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Exclude weekends from task assignment reminders and escalations

Hi there, it would be great to be able to cater for business days only (exclude weekends), when configuring NWC task assignment reminders and escalations. Currently when specifying days as part of reminders and escalations there seems to be no easy way to exclude weekends. Thanks.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calculation flexibility

Multiple calculations in a single action. Currently I can only add 2 values together. This gets wild when I have 5 + values that I need to add together

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make component workflow outputs optional

We have a few component workflows that return multiple output variables, but we don't always care about all the outputs in every situation. There's a number of built in actions with outputs (Call a Web Service) where the outputs aren't required, and don't need to be defined in order to save/use the action.

It would be nice if the outputs of a component workflow were optional, so that we don't have to create variables to store data we don't always care about?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow query of NWC Tasks by assignee

There is a big push to use NWC over O365 for workflows, but I am unable to utilize NWC for our core workflows because I can't send one email that lists all of the tasks waiting for each person.

in the old SharePoint, users got individual email reminders for each active task. They hated it and it resulted in them ignoring the emails or creating rules to hide them because there were too many. They are all excited that in Nintex, I am sending them only 1 daily reminder email that lists all of the open tasks for them, including…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Additional Connection Details - Account information

For your configured Connections - Ability to see which account was used for the connection.

You can see this for some connectors that have basic authentication, but for an oauth connector you can't see this as the only information you configure is the name.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Resend the task

Hello,
    Just thinking if would be possible to add some option to resend the task to the assignee from the tasks menu.
    I often find my self emailing the link to the assignee in order to complete the task.

Many thanks,
    Valentina

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Nested choice fields or the ability to sort other choice fields based on earlier choices

It would be nice to have the ability to use nested/sub choice fields or the ability to filter other choice fields based on earlier choices. For example, I choose A on choice #1. So because of that, choice #2 filters what is available because of a choice selection. Or display certain choice fields based on what is selected from choice #1. I can accomplish the latter with rules but this is painful if you need many sub choices based on the first choice.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?