5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional Connection Details - Account information

For your configured Connections - Ability to see which account was used for the connection.

You can see this for some connectors that have basic authentication, but for an oauth connector you can't see this as the only information you configure is the name.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Resend the task

Hello,
    Just thinking if would be possible to add some option to resend the task to the assignee from the tasks menu.
    I often find my self emailing the link to the assignee in order to complete the task.

Many thanks,
    Valentina

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. DEV Testing

I was just reading up about the testing feature within the NWC workflow designer. I've used this feature before and have found it helpful for some of my less complex workflows for testing simpler ideas. I've found that I do not make use of it with my production workflows however because it still sends out tasks and emails to whoever they are typically assigned to. When I do testing I can't be sending my vendors and coworkers extraneous emails. It'd be helpful to have the testing feature default all emails and tasks to my own email rather than running them…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Email link to Saved Form NWC

It would be fantastic if it was possible to configure an email to be sent with a link to a 'saved' form whenever the save button is utilised for an Authenticated Form.
    In our organisation the majority of users do not have access to MyNintex and thus despite all forms being authenticated, it is not possible to use the save functionality. Ideally this email would have the same functionality as the 'Assign a task' email.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will update the ticket if we have anything to share on this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. Add url or path condition to the SharePoint Online query a list action

Right now it's impossible to query for a specific document without the use of ID.

Unless you have the ID you are risking getting multiple results, for instance if the file name is not unique.

Please add the use of Url in the condition for the SharePoint Online query a list action.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Execute a SmartObject event - Support for Documents and Files (load)

Would be great if we could load documents and files out of K2 Cloud SmartObjects into NWC for use in NWC actions such as upload file to Box or DropBox. Presently for example the load event for a SO Event brings back the record metadata but will exclude the document or file itself if the load event is called. There is no GetDocument method.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Contributor Permission level with Workflow Variables created from NWC Automate Start menu

I'll try to make this short winded. The problem or what I want to solve for is having dynamic text (variable) within an NWC workflow form that can change dynamically of something exterior of the Form/Workflow within a Label, Description, or potentially other where a user whom is not a workflow designer can contribute without changing anything or accessing the workflow itself. Let me explain further on the architecture...I'm hoping for a "Contributor" whom owns the process but does not need access to the workflow, think almost a permission level between a participant and designer, where they could potentially see…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

8. Ability to view & delete list item attachments in task form

We need the ability to view and delete attachments that are attached to a SharePoint list item, from a task form.

When approvers need to approve a form, they need to be able to see the attachments associated with the item. And if necessary, they may want to replace one of the existing attachments with a different attachment so they should be able to delete a specific attachment and then upload a new one.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Cheers,
    Euan

9. Customizable Dashboards

It would be great to be able to fully customize a dashboard within Nintex. My team needs our workflows to reports on non-standard metrics (such as each instance's position on a Branch-By-Stage action item). To create a dashboard that can report on that information we have had to create a chain of four separate softwares to allow us to report information to SmartSheet and create a dashboard there.

Some of the features we would like to see in a dashboard include:
    - reporting links to forms
    - reporting customized instance variables
    - creating summary visuals to roll up case numbers…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Insert Variables Flyout idea

The Insert Variables flyout shown when inserting variables into an action's configuration should either not close when scrolling through the action's properties, or there should be a checkbox in that flyout to not close it when scrolling through the properties, default to not checked.

I find that if I have to insert a lot of variables into an action configuration (Create Item in Office 365 for example) then if I have to scroll down to reach more fields, the flyout will close, requiring me to open it again and search for the variables I was last at to insert more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Start condition on dynamic date

When setting up the start condition on an event from a 3rd party SaaS system, it is currently impossible to use a dynamic date value like 'Today' or 'Instance start date' as you cannot insert variables into the start condition.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Schedule Start Form

Would be great to schedule a pause or essentially control times when a Start Form can be turned On or Off administratively.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. option to not capture instance data for privacy reasons

When a workflow executes all data for the workflow variables are available in the workflow instance start data in the NWC dashboard.

Some data that is captured on forms would include data that is personal private information (eg personal email, phone number, etc).

Thus the NWC instance data becomes an additional data store to be considered for data breach implications.

It would be great for either:
    1) a global option when publishing the workflow to not capture variable values in instance start data

or

2) an optional variable by variable to not be captured in instance start data.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Format Date for Nintex Workflow Cloud Start form

ref:00D90q6Cb.5002v2sCWZq:ref

Please add the option to format the Date field i.e

DD/MM/YY
    DD/MM/YYYY

etc

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add snippets functionality to NWC

Following from a discussion on the community, it would be great to bring the Nintex for SharePoint functionality of snippets to NWC.

Snippets allows for parts of a workflow to be saved to a gallery for easy re-use in other workflows.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Nintex Services status page link to NWC Dashboard Settings area

Can we add a link to the Nintex Services status page somewhere in the NWC dashboard? Possibly in the Settings tab so that it is quickly available to administrators while troubleshooting failed instances. It occurred to me while putting together our training material for the new NWC Practitioner course that users will have to dig for that page or know the link off the top of their heads.

https://status.nintex.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable Workflow failure notification for Development Workflows - NWC

Enable Workflow failure notification alerts on Nintex Workflow Cloud. This would be really useful when multiple workflows are under development. Instead of reviewing the Instance details regularly, the alerts would make it easier to get an insight on failed workflow instances.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My Nintex layout

Different view options would be fantastic here in the "My Nintex" page. Currently a single column of forms doesn't look great and isn't very descriptive. There needs to be a description as to what the form is for, and even the ability to categorize the forms into "Departments" or "Functions" this could be hidden by default, or on hover. The form links would look great loaded as responsive tiles for example, or in multiple columns grouped by categories.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update File Name in Workflow

Would be great if there was a way to update the name of a file that has been submitted via a Nintex Form within the workflow instance itself. This would make it much easier to associate files with other references provided within the form, such as a Title or Name.

Forum discussion: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud/Add-variable-to-attachment-file-name/td-p/110872

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  4 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Schedule option

I have the requirement to run the workflow Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I don't see anywhere to set it in the Schedule. Can you please help? This feature is very common in Windows Server: Task Scheduler. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base