5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "Get Sheet" action to Smartsheet connector

Recently, the Smartsheet connector added the "Add a row" and "Update a row" actions, which is awesome! It would be great if we also had the "Get Sheet" action. Right now, there's a "Get Sheets" action, which I believe will return a list of sheets, but not the sheet's contents and rows.

If I wanted to find and apply an update to a row in a sheet, normally I'd follow this set of steps:

1. If not known, determine desired Sheet ID by using "Get Sheets" action and looping through sheets until desired sheet is found, then store the ID
    2. Use…
    2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Thank you for the feedback. We had "Get Sheet" on our list of items to add, but were not able to in the timeframe that we have. I've opened it for voting now, as i'd like to see how much interest there is for this functionality. I do wonder though - you are basically using it to find the row to update. What is the typical search criteria for that? Would it make sense to have an "update a row" and allow you to filter like you do in a SharePoint list?
  2. Decimal and currency form controls - specify field format

A lot of our European form users are complaining on the Decimal and Currency fields not allowing comma as a decimal separator (the form control completely blocks entering anything but numbers and dot).

This escalates quickly from a UX issue to a process error issue when someone submits a x100 value in the field (it's really easy to not notice the comma being 'eaten' by the field, especially for users of the numeric part of standard keyboards).

It would help greatly if we could set cultureInfo or field format for value parsing on the decimal and currency fields.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feeback and we can certainly understand the ask.  We are in the very early stages of gathering market data and feedback, like yours. and planning to address within our roadmap.

3. Automatically place cursor in search box after clicking the X to clear the search box

Automatically place cursor in search box after clicking the X to clear the search box. This applies to the workflow and forms designers, in all search boxes.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Data Look up from SQL Server on a Form

There needs to be a way to pull/show data on the Form using the Data Lookup from a SQL Database. Many Forms we have information that users can pick or we show users in a label the information that come out of SQL Databases instead of having to hardcode the choices into the drop down choice especially when this data can change or not show them important information they might need to make a decision on the form in a label.

EX.
    Approved Vendors
    Buildings
    Information pertaining to that specific user

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nintex mobile : Publish a workflow for a restricted circle of people.

in my company, we have a lot of workflows published in production with built-in nintex forms.

We need to group forms by permissions so that only specific people to access them.

For example, let's say we have HR forms, IT forms, and FINANCIAL forms. we want to publish the HR forms for HR users, IT for IT people and FINANCIAL for the accountants.

I've tried playing around with the permissions field, but it doesn't seem to impact the mobile app.

Please develop this feature

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Box Get Folders - Change Sort Order

When getting folders from Box, we are looping through them and due to the number of folders, the instance is taking over 10 mins at times.
    If we had the ability to loop through folders in descending order rather than ascending, it will move the queue much faster.
    Thanks

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for providing the feedback on the Box – Get Folder action.

The initial request is primarily due to slow workflows. Sorting folders is of course an option, but would filtering the folders (to get a smaller resultset) also be a suitable solution?

Kind regards,
    Ruben d’Arco

7. Additional form variable functions

The existing form variable functions are great. Here are some missing ones that would make life easier:

String
    - InStr (to search for text within existing text)

Mathematical
    - Mod (return the remainder of a division)
    - RoundDown (rounds a number down)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. SmartSheet Start Event

I recently have seen the updates to the Smartsheet connector... huge thanks to everyone for that! It's going to make our work much easier. The one thing preventing us from making full use of it is workflow start events. My team would love to see a start event based on a New or Updated Smartsheet row similar to the SharePoint - New or Updated item. This would allow us to completely migrate to Smartsheet rather than being split between SmartSheet and SharePoint.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File variable support in Nintex Gateway for SQL On-premises

The Nintex gateway has been updated to include support for SQL On-premises.
    There is a current data type limitation where file variables in a NWC workflow are not supported to binary, image, varbinary datatype fields.
    It would be great to be able to capture an attachment to an NWC form and save it into an on-premise SQL table in a varbinary field.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Configure the welcome email

It would be great it the welcome email could be configured, or even disabled. Most of our users don't know what Nintex is, so when they receive this email they question where it's come from and what it's for. If it could be configured, to add a different logo in or change the text that would be very useful. Alternatively if there was an option to switch it off completely, that may also be useful.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. People in Org available in Anonymous Forms OR ability to add Groups of Users to NWC

I feel like you should be able to leverage the form component "people" drop down even if the form is not set up for only Authenticated Users in this Tenant. My request is to allow for an Anonymous form with Anyone with this form Url link should be able to somehow leverage a drop down of people in our org. OR in order to solve a different problem, make it easier to add everyone from your O365 tenant into Nintex Workflow Cloud users, instead of only being able to add 1 by 1. Often times I'm building applications that anyone…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pre-populating Answers and Repeating Sections

In my organisation, forms need be signed-off by several levels of management before they are complete. If they're unsatisfied with anything, this can be passed back to the previous stage. This means I need to save and recover the current answers, then pre-populate them in the form at each stage.

Currently I do this by saving answers to a SQL database, then recalling them as a comma delimited string and using a substring to 'cut up' the answers. I did try extracting each answer as a row in a Collection (by using a Pivot table in SQL), but this required…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will update the ticket if we have anything to share on this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

13. Support Rich Text in Document Generation in NWC

Support for Rich Text form fields in Generate document action in Nintex Workflow Cloud.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. custom confirmation message

Hi! Could we please have a custom confirmation once a WFC form is submitted? Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for you input.  So that we are clear on the ask, is the attached page, the page you like to customize.  If yes, what would be your priority list in customization capability? (i.e. 1. Text, 2.Bold, 3.Bullets, 4.Text justification, etc)

15. SQL Request Control for NWC Forms and Workflows

In Nintex for SharePoint On-Prem versions, there was a Form SQL Request control. This control allowed you to query a table or view, and to Execute a SQL query, or run a stored procedure. If you selected a Query type of SQL, you were presented with a place to write your own SQL query.

In NWC, when creating a data source, there is no option to execute a SQL query or stored procedure.

For the NWC form designer, there is no control that allows you to Write or Execute a SQL query.

And in the NWC workflow designer, none of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add claim task option to multi-user tasks

With the multi-user task, please add an ability for a user to claim the task so the other users do not need to action it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Get and Set Metadata actions for folders in Box.com

Please add actions to the Box group that allows you to Get Folder Metadata and Set Folder metadata. We can do it for files but we cannot do it for folders without building a custom Xtension.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Date Completed to the filter options for instances

Please add Date Completed to the list of filter options on the instances tab. It is hard to find failed instances of long running workflows when the only filter option is started date. Please make Date Completed a filter option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make all fields in the Instances tab sortable.

When viewing the Instances tab we cannot sort by the various fields displayed on the page. Please enable sorting for all fields (Instance name, Workflow name, Status, Date initiated, Date completed).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Split the option 'form available as' for Nintex Mobile and My Nintex

It would be very helpful to split the option 'This form is available as' between Nintex Mobile and My Nintex.

For example I might want to specify that a form is available in the Nintex Mobile app but not listed on the My Nintex page.

See screenshot attached for option I am referring to.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base