5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Create Custom User Roles

Ability to create new/custom User Roles within NWC. From a security perspective, ability for Designer to build workflows and create connections is a risk. Our org has the need for users to be able to create forms and workflows, but not create new connections.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Purge NWC Instance Data on demand or on schedule

It would be useful to have the ability to purge the instance data related to a workflow, especially for circumstances where you're collecting personal information.
    An example scenario would be to collect personal data via a NWC workflow with a form submission as a start event, then copying that data into a separate repository (such as SharePoint Online). Upon confirming the data was successfully copied, purging the workflow instance data.
    The other option could be a setting per workflow as to how long to retain instance data after the workflow completes either successfully or encounters an error.

This is similar…

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Separate publish slots for Dev and Prod

Would be very useful to have the ability to publish a workflow to both Dev and Prod, or ideally publish to Dev -> Promote to Prod.

Right now when publishing to Dev when a Prod exists overwrites the Prod with the Dev, which is far from ideal, and makes testing changes to existing workflows harder than they need to be.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a new user role for users to view override tasks for a particular workflow

Create a new role for users to view override tasks for a particular workflow.
    Currently a user that would like to view the tasks in NWC needs to be a Global Administrator.
    As we build more solutions on NWC, it would be good to have a specific user role for overriding tasks but for particular workflows. IE, if the user is a workflow owner AND the new 'task override role', they will have the ability to view and override tasks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

We do have plans to introduce the ability for Business owners to be able to override tasks, for workflows they own.

We're working through some other higher priority features at the moment, so there's no firm timeline on this yet, but I will endeavour to update this ticket as it progresses through.

Regards,

Kate

5. K2 Admin Console in NWC

The K2 Admin consol has more control and allows admins to restart failed workflows from the point of failure. NWC needs this functionality

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently working on the ability to re-submit any failed or completed workflow from the beginning, point of failure is certainly something we'd like to provide in the future. 

6. Rename Workflow Name

Would be great to have the ability to rename an existing workflow without creating a copy of it and having to delete the original workflow etc. Thanks.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. NWC My Nintex Form Link

Authenticated form submissions are captured in my nintex already and it would be great if we could have access to the URL of a form submission in my nintex in the workflow designer.
    The main use I can see for this is putting the link to the submitted my nintex submission in an email to the originator so they have a quick link to see that submission rather than finding it in my nintex.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Print Observation Forms

I am unable to print/have visibility over the Observation forms I am currently submitting through niintex. I would like to e able to print observation forms.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

John, would you please expand on why you need to print the form?  What if you had access to what you submitted online.  Would that meet your need?

9. People in Org available in Anonymous Forms OR ability to add Groups of Users to NWC

I feel like you should be able to leverage the form component "people" drop down even if the form is not set up for only Authenticated Users in this Tenant. My request is to allow for an Anonymous form with Anyone with this form Url link should be able to somehow leverage a drop down of people in our org. OR in order to solve a different problem, make it easier to add everyone from your O365 tenant into Nintex Workflow Cloud users, instead of only being able to add 1 by 1. Often times I'm building applications that anyone…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow passing form values to an Nintex Form task through NWC API

Can NWC API provide an endpoint to pass form values (in JSON), together with the required outcome, to an Nintex Form task?
    If so, it can allow a better integration with the engine with our existing applications.
    I think, it can also be a new task type for this "form-less" tasks, which need to consume assignee's input values through our own system.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tenant-wide variables

It would be great to be able to configure tenant-wide variables (maybe as a tab in the settings section of the tenant). This would allow creating variables accessible in all forms/workflows that define legal disclaimers or even image urls, so that when updated in this one location chages would be automatically be reflected in all forms.

(Not sure how feesible this is as unsure if the workflows/forms would need to be republished to reflect the variable change).

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are looking at addressing this capability, please reach out if you like to find out more as I’d love to discuss how we are planning on approaching and be great for some feedback.

12. Schedule Start Form

Would be great to schedule a pause or essentially control times when a Start Form can be turned On or Off administratively.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Embed an authenticated NWC form in SharePoint iframe

Currently you can embed a non-authenticated NWC form in SharePoint very nicely, however you are unable to embed an authenticated one. My tenant uses Azure AD SSO for NWC so in theory pass through auth should work pretty seamlessly. This would be extremely helpful!

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thanks for your suggestion, Shawn. I have added this to the backlog for consideration.

Cheers,
    Euan

14. Ability to print all pages from browser

For responsive forms created in NWC it would be beneficial for users/customers to have the ability to print forms to PDF or physically via the browser. Currently when you print a form in the browser by default it only prints 1 page instead of the whole form.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  Euan Gamble responded

Thank you for your suggestion, Eleanor.

We are currently considering this feature. I will update this ticket when we have more information to share.

Cheers,
    Euan

15. Input a specific email for Workflow Instance Fails Alert Notifications

It would be great if you could just set an email of your choosing for Workflow Fails outside of the choices given. For example I have all my workflows throughout the Nintex workflow suite to send email notifications to a Microsoft Teams, would be great to have the same option to do so with NWC with failed instances.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Nintex Mobile Push Notification

With being able to run Nintex Workflow as well as install the mobile application, it would be helpful to be able to send a push notification to the users phone within the workflow as a new action item.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set Workflow Status

An action that provides the ability to set a workflow status to a custom value and display that status on the instances dashboard.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Generate PDF with PDF Security Applied

Nintex o365 Document Generation action missing standard functionality. After the PDF file is generated and sent to the end user, the user who receives this PDF file can actually make changes to the file using a PDF editor tool. The ability to secure a PDF to only be viewed and printed using a password or completely locked down from changing before sending out to the end user.

We use a workflow in a critical financial system and we would like to have this feature added. It could either be password or certificate security, but just need the ability to prevent…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tasks menu improvements

Hello !
    I was wondering if you would consider to add in the Task menu a new column with the instance ID or the search box with the instance ID.
    As you will see in the attached picture, I know to whom has been assigned the task, but I don't know to which instance is referring to.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Preview files after upload to Form

Our users would find it helpful to be able to open and/or preview any documents uploaded in a NWC form. This would allow our operators to confirm their uploads prior to form submission all within NWC instead of having to look back through their File Explorer and compare filenames.

Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)