5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Active Directory People Picker

It would be tremendously helpful to have an AD based people picker on NWC similar to the tools in on prem or O365 nintex.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Regular Expression

Having the ability to use regular expression to validate if a users input is valid based to customs rules for that data. Examples would be like phone number formats, not allowing numbers/letters, etc. This is super helpful when doing validation outside of normal validation method.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assigning Task to Multiple Approvers

Allowing a task to be sent out to multiple users/ approvers would be helpful in some situations. I have tried many workarounds with fiddling with variables and keep getting an "invalid email format" error. The only workaround I have found is creating email distribution groups within my org, which is a very messy workaround.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Clint,

Thanks for reaching out!
    You’re right, unfortunately there is no work around for adding multiple email addresses to a Task action, other than to assign tasks to an email distribution list.
    The good news is Multiple assignees for Assign a Task is already in our backlog, and awaiting prioritization.

Just to get a better understanding of your scenario, to ensure we’ll satisfy what you’re trying to achieve:
    - How many assignees would you typically configure in your Task action?
    - Would you expect all assignees to approve the task before proceeding?

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
    Thanks for your patience,
    Kate

4. Shorten URL for Workflow Cloud Form

It would be nice to be able to create a shorten URL for the Forms in Workflow Cloud just like your able to do with Live Forms on SharePoint on Prem. We have already had a few request from stakeholders of some Forms and Workflows we have already created on this.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More Style and Font options

Workflow cloud forms have very limited font and style capabilities. It is very much a necessity to have a label/title font size, input font-size on controls and a font size option on the label rather than the existing Heading 1- 6 which is very limiting.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. We are currently reviewing our style builder and looking at more granular control of fonts and colours.

I will update this feature when this moves to development.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. Make form rules side config like form styles

LOVE the side config panels for Start Event and Form Styles. Would really like the Form Rules to also be a side panel too. Toggling between tabs is time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Isaiah. Our rules engine has evolved quite a lot and is a lot more powerful – therefore will not fit into the size of the config panel.

We have discussed how a rule could be created while still retaining context of the form designer. I dont have anything to share at this time, but will update this ticket if the status changes.

Cheers,
    Euan

7. Time only field

Would really like a Time Only field. Currently the only way to obtain a time value is using a date/time field. When working with values such as start and finish times, we only need to capture time. Would be good to be able to use these in variable formulas too (e.g to calculate working hours minus breaks, etc.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Shortcut keys for fields/variables inconsistent

Hi all, the short cut keys to access variables/fields differ between the form designer and the form variable editor.

In the form designer, if I want to access a field/variable, I type [[ (two square brackets).

In the form variable editor, if I want to access a field/variable, I only need to type a single [

I reckon these should be consistent.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Require lookup fields in the form designer

Lookup fields are required in the cloud forms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joanne,

I am pleased to announce we have begun development on the data connectivity control for Nintex Forms for Nintex Worklfow Cloud.

I will update this ticket when we have more to share.

Cheers,
    Euan

10. Address finder functionality on Forms

It would be great to have address finder functionality on NWC forms, using Google Address Finder (or similar) so that entering text into an address field would bring up autocomplete options.

This would give consistency in address formatting, guarantee correct city spelling and postcodes, etc. and allow us use these in form & workflow variables.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Philip. After we built the Geolocation control, we found an address control would be possible using the Google APIs. It is in the backlog but not scheduled at this point.

I will update this idea when we move it to the plan.

Euan

11. Current Date in Form Variables

Today function. In form variables we need a way to reference the current date/time. It's great that we have date functions, but it's quite limited when we can't compare against the current date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dynamic Repeating Table/Section or default values for repeating sections

We have many large checklists in use which cause performance issues on Nintex Mobile and it takes us very long to create all these forms/lists. Would it be much easier if we could create on checklist form with a repeating checklist section included which is dynamically changed (filled with different questions) based on a dropdown field. This would save everyone time and should also be much quicker on mobile devices.
    There is a solution in classic forms to fill a repeating table with JavaScript but this is not supported on Nintex Mobile.
    Alternatively it would be an option to have…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Repeating Sections

Repeating Sections similar to SharePoint forms. We have a requirement to fill out data for every country the user interacts with. It can vary enormously and the user-case would be perfect for a repeating section. We need it based on WFC though.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have begun preliminary designs and plans for this feature.

If you have suggestions, ideas, or use cases for this feature; please provide any feedback in the comments section.

Cheers,
    Euan

14. Rules which apply to pages in forms

New page functionality is great! Wouldn't it be nice to make the pages conditionally appear based on other fields.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Secured forms on NWC for item submission + tasks

All the forms (Items + tasks) are now fully public. Everyone who has access to the link can act on it. How can you be sure that your task is not going to be answered by someone who shouldn't have access to it ? You can't. So, how do you secure your workflow? You can't.

Can we have a way to secure every kind of forms? like a SalesForce / Google/Microsoft "passeport"? and the ability to only allow a list of users (or using wild searches : *@mydomain.com) to connect to this form!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow pipe and comma in Choice options

We frequently have the need to include comma ( , ) and pipe ( | ) characters in our choice options. Is it possible to allow those characters? For example, we have a product whose name is "REALTY|share" and have some forms with choice options along the lines of "Yes, please contact me immediately!"

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. save and continue button

It would be nice to have some sort of Save and Continue button in NWC. If we could save a form can cache the data or something and have the ability to comeback and finish it that would be great.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Populate a NWC Forms single choice Form control with JSON objects from custom API

It would be good if we could automatically populate a single choice Form control (in my case it would be a drop-down list) using JSON objects obtained from a custom API (maybe populate the list by using an on Form load Rule?), and have it submit the supplied 'value' upon submission (in my case it would be a UID relating to records in our bespoke system).

This functionality I am after already exists within the Workflow Designer, via the values defined in the x-ntx-dynamic-values JSON vendor extension, but it does not appear to be possible within the Form Designer.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set field value = browser query parameter

Rules builder now allows the checking of a browser query parameter to conditionally format the form. However, what would be exceptionally valuable would to be able to set the value of a form field equal to the value of the browser query parameter. If this was possible, we could generate the URL to the NWC form with parameter (unique GUID) in SharePoint, send it out to a user, and then match the submitted form back up with the parent process in SharePoint. At the moment, rules only allow form fields to be set to a hard coded value.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rulde builder - validate date, when the form is loaded

I need to build a rule, that a specific date can't be greater than today. So a variable with the current date would be very useful.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories