5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export/Import Form Design/Layout

For my workflow start event, I have a very complex form designed that the user fills out. I'd like to be able to copy the layout to a task form later on in the workflow. I don't see an export/import button or a way to copy it? Please add this. Thanks!

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion, Michael. We are considering this feature.

As a work around, you can export and import the whole workflow, then remove the actions on the imported workflow (not the original).

Cheers,
    Euan

2. Data Look up from SQL Server on a Form

There needs to be a way to pull/show data on the Form using the Data Lookup from a SQL Database. Many Forms we have information that users can pick or we show users in a label the information that come out of SQL Databases instead of having to hardcode the choices into the drop down choice especially when this data can change or not show them important information they might need to make a decision on the form in a label.

EX.
    Approved Vendors
    Buildings
    Information pertaining to that specific user

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Security trim a form so only users who have permissions can access the form

Capability to show hide forms according to whom business owner decides. Some forms should only be available for few users within the business/department and the process owner should be able to give remove access.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pre-populating Answers and Repeating Sections

In my organisation, forms need be signed-off by several levels of management before they are complete. If they're unsatisfied with anything, this can be passed back to the previous stage. This means I need to save and recover the current answers, then pre-populate them in the form at each stage.

Currently I do this by saving answers to a SQL database, then recalling them as a comma delimited string and using a substring to 'cut up' the answers. I did try extracting each answer as a row in a Collection (by using a Pivot table in SQL), but this required…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow add buttons to NWC form

It would be very helpful if we could add buttons to NWC forms and specify what value they set to a field. For example, I would like to give my users the ability to click cancel on a form. Then the workflow will perform some tasks (like update the SP list item Status to "Cancelled") and then the workflow ends.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow for HTML/JavaScript within labels or within a separate control on the form.

If we can add custom HTML/JavaScript to the NWC forms then we can enhance it in so many ways. From adding google address lookups to applying custom themes.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create PDF Rule of Completed Form

The ability from a form rule to create a PDF of the completed form.

Often on submit customers want to save a copy of the completed form itself in PDF format to a document store for record keep purposes.

Developers don't want to create a separate report for this purpose, a quick and dirty print to PDF that looks reasonably clean will tick the box for this requirement for auditability requirements.

The document should then be made available within the workflow to save away accordingly in a workflow event.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to build or get submitted form URL

The ability to get the URL of the form submitted. We have two scenarios,

1. We need to send a link to the original form through the task. this eliminates the requirement for us to recreate the whole start form again (No Export import capability which makes things even harder).

2.We need the capability to use this link on a PowerBI dash board for reporting purposes so the management can see the summary of the data through the dashboard and view the full form by clicking the line item from the report?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. improve data lookup control with multi-value fields and more

The new Data Lookup control in the Forms designer needs at least these three additional features:
    [1] Support for multi-value fields (really needed soon)
    [2] Allowing multiple Option Labels that will show as multiple columns in the pull down.
    [3] Selecting a field to sort the option list by.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Default Value for Data Lookup

Should be able to determine a default value for a Data Lookup control. This could be configured so that the default would be the "first" value returned by the control, or when the data lookup only returns one value it automatically becomes the value that is displayed.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Contributor Permission level with Workflow Variables created from NWC Automate Start menu

I'll try to make this short winded. The problem or what I want to solve for is having dynamic text (variable) within an NWC workflow form that can change dynamically of something exterior of the Form/Workflow within a Label, Description, or potentially other where a user whom is not a workflow designer can contribute without changing anything or accessing the workflow itself. Let me explain further on the architecture...I'm hoping for a "Contributor" whom owns the process but does not need access to the workflow, think almost a permission level between a participant and designer, where they could potentially see…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Nested choice fields or the ability to sort other choice fields based on earlier choices

It would be nice to have the ability to use nested/sub choice fields or the ability to filter other choice fields based on earlier choices. For example, I choose A on choice #1. So because of that, choice #2 filters what is available because of a choice selection. Or display certain choice fields based on what is selected from choice #1. I can accomplish the latter with rules but this is painful if you need many sub choices based on the first choice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability for fill in choices for the 'Choice - multiple' control

It would be great if Forms supported fill in choices (other) like SharePoint supports.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. User context available in authenticated Nintex Workflow Cloud Start Forms

In a cloud based Nintex Start form make the user context of an authenticated user available in the form designer.

Currently the user context is only available in the workflow not in the form. With the user context available in the form designer we can use the user context in form rules or primarily as a filter in the new data lookup control.

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Email link to Saved Form NWC

It would be fantastic if it was possible to configure an email to be sent with a link to a 'saved' form whenever the save button is utilised for an Authenticated Form.
    In our organisation the majority of users do not have access to MyNintex and thus despite all forms being authenticated, it is not possible to use the save functionality. Ideally this email would have the same functionality as the 'Assign a task' email.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prevent multiple submissions

I currently have a use case in which it would be nice if there was a setting in NWC to prevent users from submitting a form more than once. Our previous forms software had this ability. I wish NWC did too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Return data lookup value as object

I have several areas in my forms where I need a data lookup field on my form to return more than one value from the SharePoint list item that is selected.
    For example, my Location data lookup field needs to save the location as the value and the label. BUT I also need to save the corresponding Abbreviation (another column in that SP source list) for that location into a different field so that I can use that Abbreviation in a filter on the form.

I have seen Euan's helpful video on a work around but that work around won't…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set value of 'Choice - Multiple' control through rules

I've come across a use case in which it would be helpful if checking a box in one choice field would uncheck a box in a previous choice field. In other words, clicking the box in the second field invalidates the checked box in the first.

Also, I haven't come across such a need myself, but I could also see the need for the ability to hide or "gray out" certain options in a multi-choice field based on one of the other options being selected. For example, if my options were 1,2,3,4,5 and the user selects 3, the 4 and…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we use NWFC to create CRUD forms off lists/entities in the MS Common Data Store [now DataVerse]?

Can we use NWFC to create CRUD forms off lists/entities in the MS Common Data Store [now DataVerse]?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base