5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save and complete task later

I would really love to see an option where I can save a task form and edit it later on, like the start forms.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Box new file option - start workflow for all files in subfolders

Ability to have a Box New File start option that triggers on all files added to it and its subfolders. Often I want a single workflow to run on all files that are added, but I want the option to have those files in subfolders.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. NWC switch by value action needs a default branch for unhandled values

Switch condition does not have an other loop. Trying to migrate a Nintex Office 365 workflow to NWC but due to lack of this functionality, the migrated WF cannot be like for like.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Convert value and store into a different variable type

Hi guys,

Is there going to be an action where we can convert variables into other type of variables (Text to Date, etc)?

For Context: I'm building a workflow that will pull a date value from Salesforce. However, when NWC pulls this field, it creates it as a Text Variable. There isn't a way i can convert this variable back into a date type to use in the workflow.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,

Pat

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Access to Deployment Type from with in the workflow

Add Access to Deployment Type from with in the workflow

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Calculation flexibility

Multiple calculations in a single action. Currently I can only add 2 values together. This gets wild when I have 5 + values that I need to add together

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. DEV Testing

I was just reading up about the testing feature within the NWC workflow designer. I've used this feature before and have found it helpful for some of my less complex workflows for testing simpler ideas. I've found that I do not make use of it with my production workflows however because it still sends out tasks and emails to whoever they are typically assigned to. When I do testing I can't be sending my vendors and coworkers extraneous emails. It'd be helpful to have the testing feature default all emails and tasks to my own email rather than running them…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. NWC Format date to string ISO8601 output format

For the NWC action format date to string can we add the ISO8601 date format please.
    This is the format of yyyy-mm-ddThh:mi:ss.mmm (no spaces)
    or date style 126 in SQL format.
    (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/t-sql/functions/cast-and-convert-transact-sql?view=sql-server-ver15#date-and-time-styles)

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Start Event

An option to change the workflow start even if all actions in the workflow are in a disabled action set. Currently its almost like redesigning the workflow if you want to change the start event. It should be made easier

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. option to not capture instance data for privacy reasons

When a workflow executes all data for the workflow variables are available in the workflow instance start data in the NWC dashboard.

Some data that is captured on forms would include data that is personal private information (eg personal email, phone number, etc).

Thus the NWC instance data becomes an additional data store to be considered for data breach implications.

It would be great for either:
    1) a global option when publishing the workflow to not capture variable values in instance start data

or

2) an optional variable by variable to not be captured in instance start data.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. zoom out

Hello Team,

Will love to have the ability to zoom out a little more while working with huge workflows, to easily maneuver around the page.

Thanks

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Insert Variables Flyout idea

The Insert Variables flyout shown when inserting variables into an action's configuration should either not close when scrolling through the action's properties, or there should be a checkbox in that flyout to not close it when scrolling through the properties, default to not checked.

I find that if I have to insert a lot of variables into an action configuration (Create Item in Office 365 for example) then if I have to scroll down to reach more fields, the flyout will close, requiring me to open it again and search for the variables I was last at to insert more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Start condition on dynamic date

When setting up the start condition on an event from a 3rd party SaaS system, it is currently impossible to use a dynamic date value like 'Today' or 'Instance start date' as you cannot insert variables into the start condition.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to add Auto-place (anchor tagging) to documents for Docusign

When sending a document for signature it would be good to be able to add auto-place anchors to the document (as can be done in K2) so that placeholders are added for signature, names, dates etc when the user signs the document.

https://developers.docusign.com/docs/esign-rest-api/esign101/concepts/tabs/auto-place/

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to remove Wait for Task completion for NWC tasks.

Allow the ability to remove the "Wait for Task Completion" stop on NWC Tasks like how it is in O365.

There are many scenarios where I need to have the workflow continue on without waiting for a task to be complete. Instead, I use variables/fields to identify if the task is completed or not. Then later on in the process, if that task isn't completed but needs to be before the workflow can continue on, I simply check the variable to decide if it can continue.

I do this with 99% of my workflow tasks in O365 and it works…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow query of NWC Tasks by assignee

There is a big push to use NWC over O365 for workflows, but I am unable to utilize NWC for our core workflows because I can't send one email that lists all of the tasks waiting for each person.

in the old SharePoint, users got individual email reminders for each active task. They hated it and it resulted in them ignoring the emails or creating rules to hide them because there were too many. They are all excited that in Nintex, I am sending them only 1 daily reminder email that lists all of the open tasks for them, including…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Workflow search actions/variables

Sometimes you want to quickly jump to a certain action, or see where a certain variable is used. It would be great if there was a search bar somewhere on the workflow designer (see top-right of image for example) where you could search to match any variable names, action internal names, action renames) and it would bring them up a list of matches. Then you click next/previous to jump/highlight that action in the workflow (or if possible open the config and highlight where the value is used).

An awesome extension to this would be to 'remove all' instances of a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Test Workflow using start variables from history

Workflow Testing, give a copy function to reference a past workflow start even and copy in all the variables where they can be edited before being used for a test run.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. UI enhancement for actions

I would love to see connectors / actions grouped separately. Also, seeing Connectors sub-grouped by type (e.g. database, CRM platforms, file based, etc) would be helpful as there are just so many now.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. workflow initiated datetime in start event context

The datetime for a when a workflow is initiated is not available in the workflow designer.

Consider if I have a form which has a date control for date and time called 'formdate'.

In the workflow designer when I insert a variable I have the 'formdate' in the 'start event'. That has a default value of datenow().
    'Context' give current date/time and as well as workflow instance ID, etc.
    'Start event context' supplies workflow initiator (if authenticated form).

As actions can be delayed (ie use of current datetime) it would be great to have the datetime for when the workflow…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base