5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhance scheduled start

I would love to see enhancements to scheduled start. Scenarios I would like to see are:

• Every x Monday of the month
    • Every x workday of the month

Regards,
    Daniel

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fetch attachment type: file from salesforce records

Hi Guys,

As of now using "Get file from a record" in NWC able to get collection of files of type : attachment. It would be nice if this can fetch attachment type: file also from salesforce. I guess in future salesforce releases the type:attachment may not be supported moving forward to Lightning in salesforce.

Let me know if you need any more info.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  5 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to view completed task form

I have a NWC workflow that, amongst other things, assigns a task to the submitter's manager. The manager completes a few multiple choice fields, fills in their name, etc., then ticks their approval to complete the form.

I really need to be able to view that completed form. I have included the collection variables from the multiple choice fields in a subsequent email that the workflow generates, but it would be great to be able to see what options they haven't ticked.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add snippets functionality to NWC

Following from a discussion on the community, it would be great to bring the Nintex for SharePoint functionality of snippets to NWC.

Snippets allows for parts of a workflow to be saved to a gallery for easy re-use in other workflows.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. branch by stage reorder branches

In the state machine action in Workflow for Sharepoint it is possible to move the branches left and right in the designer.

It would be great to be able to reorder the branches within a 'Branch By Stage' in the workflow designer.

Often additional branches are added to the workflow logic as the process is developed or enhanced. From a logic display point of view it would be very helpful to be able to reorder them.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Re-play Assign a Task feature

Hi There,

Wondering it this has been implemented or resolved? Re-play "Assign a task" feature?
    I've created a basic workflow to test start event form, then after that it has another step below "Assign a Task" with form.
    i.e Staff fills out Nintex Cloud form and one of the fields are "Manager" easy. (The to field is a variable set from start event "varManagerEmail") if for some reason there's a typo in the email address. Nintex can see it's done it's job and next step, however the "Manager" never got the email because of the typo and the instance is…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Will,

Based on what you’re trying to achieve, it sounds like “delegation” would be the best solution; If the task is assigned to a user/invalid email address, delegate the task to a new user/valid email address.

This request has been added to the product backlog. Thanks for your feedback!
    Kate

7. Task Form Link Variable

It would be great to have a default variable in the workflow the workflow that stores the link to a task form. Right now I grab these through the API connections but it would be much more intuitive and clean on the developer end if we didn't need to.

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The ability to open and close a Azure VPN tunnel

Using something like https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/vpn-gateway/ and other similar services.

Being able to securely connect to On-Premise data thru an on-demand VPN tunnel would provide a cost effective way to connect to this data rather than having to establish an always on VPN tunnel

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Retrieve day of the week from date/datetime variables

I would like to be able to take a date variable and find out the day of the week (Mon, Tue, etc.) There are times where I want to take action based on day of the week, but have no ability to do that right now.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. use Form based/Express Approval Assign Task Actions in one Go

Hi,

Use case is I'm showing the information captured in previous step of workflow via form need to show in next action where Reviewer A should see the request details in email. Reviewer A should be able to perform below actions:

1) Checking the request detail on email and extend approval by directly clicking on URL/Action button (Reject/Approve) via email or by responding to Reject/Approve to email

2) If Reviewer A thinks information needs to be updated he should click on the form link available in the form and edit or add some comments and submit form

Means, Reviewer A…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable Workflow failure notification for Development Workflows - NWC

Enable Workflow failure notification alerts on Nintex Workflow Cloud. This would be really useful when multiple workflows are under development. Instead of reviewing the Instance details regularly, the alerts would make it easier to get an insight on failed workflow instances.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Trigger Workflow Start from another workflows Failed Instance

I would love to be able to trigger a separate workflow instance upon a Failed INstance to a particular workflow. I would see it as a setting option for Failed Workflow instances. I know that you can setup an alert to someone for a failed instance, which is a win and it would be great if you could achieve or automate some additional things with a separate workflow. Cheers, Tye Eyden, New Belgium Brewing

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Exclude weekends from task assignment reminders and escalations

Hi there, it would be great to be able to cater for business days only (exclude weekends), when configuring NWC task assignment reminders and escalations. Currently when specifying days as part of reminders and escalations there seems to be no easy way to exclude weekends. Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expand calculate date

I would love to be able to calculate the last workday of the week/month/year based on a date. It would also be great if the ability could be added to get the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th monday or other day of the month and some other options.

Could you please add this option?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. support of complex math function

support more complex methods of math operations, e.g.
    (varible1 * variable2) / variable3
    sum(var1, var2, var3, var4)
    other functions such as product(), mod(), power(), sqrt(), etc.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Compare if two collections are equals

Compare if collection of ["One","Two","3"] has same items of collection ["Two","3","One"]

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. functions

I need to do some simple string manipulations in a Cloud workflow (no forms), but Nintex support tells me that functions are not available in Nintex Workflow Cloud. Is that true?? If so, is there some alternative to using functions to manipulate strings? For example, I need to convert strings to all upper and all lower case.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. task list

I really would like to have the ability to create and designate a task list per workflow, like there is in O365. I'd really like to be able to use the task list on the same site as the O365 list that is used to start the workflow. Or at bare minimum, the ability to open the task from the NWC Tasks list. If it isn't part of the workflow to extract the task information, there doesn't appear to be any way to see it.

Side note, it would also be really helpful to see the date of posts in…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display workflow name, multitabs, copy/paste actions

1. Display Workflow Name in page header.
    2. Multitabs for workflows to easily move between them
    3. Copy/paste action from one workflow to another
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow multiple items to be added to a collection with one action

Similar to the "Set Variable" action, the "Add Item To Collection" action should allow multiple items to be added to a collection.

Currently, 1 item can be added to a collection at a time. If there are many items that need to be added, this creates a lot of actions. If they could be added in bulk, this would greatly reduce the visual footprint of our workflows, as well as the action count.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base