5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Task Form File Available as File Variable

Currently files that are uploaded into a Task Form within NWC cannot be added to a File variable within the workflow designer as they're held as 'Collections' vs. 'Files'. Would be great if files from Task Forms acted as files throughout the rest of the workflow design.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assign a task with one resulting path

It would be very helpful to have an "assign a task" that doesn't require a two-path decision outcome. Often we are finding that we want to assign someone to simply update a variable and flow down the same route no matter what decision is made. However, with the options we have now, doing this requires some work-arounds or dead-end paths.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Access to Deployment Type from with in the workflow

Add Access to Deployment Type from with in the workflow

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. workflow initiated datetime in start event context

The datetime for a when a workflow is initiated is not available in the workflow designer.

Consider if I have a form which has a date control for date and time called 'formdate'.

In the workflow designer when I insert a variable I have the 'formdate' in the 'start event'. That has a default value of datenow().
    'Context' give current date/time and as well as workflow instance ID, etc.
    'Start event context' supplies workflow initiator (if authenticated form).

As actions can be delayed (ie use of current datetime) it would be great to have the datetime for when the workflow…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Assign a task - Auto complete task

Missing the ability to auto complete tasks, as found in Nintex for Office 365 for instance.

Would be great if this feature was added to NWC aswell.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Autocomplete option for form based task

Would love a way for a task to time out if the data is not collected in time. In our case, the default outcome would reset the workflow to another stage in the workflow if timed out. Do not want to use express approval, because it would require another several steps to collect the necessary data

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More date formats

Hey guys, could we have a few more options in the Format date action? e.g. ddd mmm yyyy. i.e. combinations that have full names of days and months both in dd mm order and mm dd order. Cheers

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to view completed task form

I have a NWC workflow that, amongst other things, assigns a task to the submitter's manager. The manager completes a few multiple choice fields, fills in their name, etc., then ticks their approval to complete the form.

I really need to be able to view that completed form. I have included the collection variables from the multiple choice fields in a subsequent email that the workflow generates, but it would be great to be able to see what options they haven't ticked.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pause/wait until

We have the need for an action in NWC that is present in Office365 and SharePoint. "Wait until" where we can insert a date.

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Auto-save workflow design

I lost a more than a day of work, hours!
    and no automatic save feature....

This alone will cause me not to go with Nintex as a solution. I can't afford this.
    I've testes over 8 solutions this month, and all offer auto save.
    The mighty Nintex does not....

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add actionable message to task email

There needs to be an option to add lazy approval actionable message to emails generated from tasks. One of the biggest drawbacks that is keeping me from switching from O365 to Cloud, is that option.

With current cloud lazy approval, user has to reply to email with response. With O365 actionable message, the user can click simply click on a response button. Having the user reply to an email, adds a layer of complexity that will allow for errors and delayed processes.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Variables without having to remove existing variables from workflow actions

When I want to add a new variable after I've used existing variables in other actions in the workflow, i have to remove the existing variables from all the actions in the workflow. If that happens to be an action creating an item. That's a lot to remove and then add back in. We should be able to add variables whenever we like.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. use Form based/Express Approval Assign Task Actions in one Go

Hi,

Use case is I'm showing the information captured in previous step of workflow via form need to show in next action where Reviewer A should see the request details in email. Reviewer A should be able to perform below actions:

1) Checking the request detail on email and extend approval by directly clicking on URL/Action button (Reject/Approve) via email or by responding to Reject/Approve to email

2) If Reviewer A thinks information needs to be updated he should click on the form link available in the form and edit or add some comments and submit form

Means, Reviewer A…

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enhance scheduled start

I would love to see enhancements to scheduled start. Scenarios I would like to see are:

• Every x Monday of the month
    • Every x workday of the month

Regards,
    Daniel

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Retrieving Message header in assign a task action

On the "assign a task" action, we can already retrieve the Message body, that would be great to also retrieve the message header.

It may not be used in many cases but for some cases (we are facing one at the moment on a projetc), we would be able to retrieve the IP of the sender.
    There could be many other usages

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Debugging assistance: Capture JSON after a task or log all variables action

When a task is completed it would be handy to capture the JSON for debugging purposes. Alternatively if there was an action that logged all variables and their values, that would be useful too. It's possible to log all variables now but that means updating the action each time a new variable is created. If there was a "log all" action or something similar to the verbose logging that is available with Nintex on-prem this would help with debugging.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Chris,

Noted. We do have the verbose logging feature that you mentioned in the backlog.

As for capturing the JSON of the tasks we’ll need to look into that in further detail on how we would do that.

Josh

17. Retrieve day of the week from date/datetime variables

I would like to be able to take a date variable and find out the day of the week (Mon, Tue, etc.) There are times where I want to take action based on day of the week, but have no ability to do that right now.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display workflow name, multitabs, copy/paste actions

1. Display Workflow Name in page header.
    2. Multitabs for workflows to easily move between them
    3. Copy/paste action from one workflow to another
    6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Box new file option - start workflow for all files in subfolders

Ability to have a Box New File start option that triggers on all files added to it and its subfolders. Often I want a single workflow to run on all files that are added, but I want the option to have those files in subfolders.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Try catch block is missing workflow

Hi Team,

we cant see try catch activity in the workflow designer and its making problem big time for us in orchestrating the process flow as there is always set of activity which is error prone and if we dont put exception handling it will break the process instances so often and we are not able to take any remedation action of failure .

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base