5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to remove Wait for Task completion for NWC tasks.

Allow the ability to remove the "Wait for Task Completion" stop on NWC Tasks like how it is in O365.

There are many scenarios where I need to have the workflow continue on without waiting for a task to be complete. Instead, I use variables/fields to identify if the task is completed or not. Then later on in the process, if that task isn't completed but needs to be before the workflow can continue on, I simply check the variable to decide if it can continue.

I do this with 99% of my workflow tasks in O365 and it works…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add claim task option to multi-user tasks

With the multi-user task, please add an ability for a user to claim the task so the other users do not need to action it.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add Get and Set Metadata actions for folders in Box.com

Please add actions to the Box group that allows you to Get Folder Metadata and Set Folder metadata. We can do it for files but we cannot do it for folders without building a custom Xtension.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow multiple items to be added to a collection with one action

Similar to the "Set Variable" action, the "Add Item To Collection" action should allow multiple items to be added to a collection.

Currently, 1 item can be added to a collection at a time. If there are many items that need to be added, this creates a lot of actions. If they could be added in bulk, this would greatly reduce the visual footprint of our workflows, as well as the action count.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Task Form Link Variable

It would be great to have a default variable in the workflow the workflow that stores the link to a task form. Right now I grab these through the API connections but it would be much more intuitive and clean on the developer end if we didn't need to.

Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. SharePoint Online Retrieve an item - Get the direct Item URL in the resulting object

In the resulting object of a Retrieve an item action, there no "Item URL" property. It's possible to recreate it with the rest of the properties but it leads to more character string actions (possible to use a component workflow for that though).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Exclude weekends from task assignment reminders and escalations

Hi there, it would be great to be able to cater for business days only (exclude weekends), when configuring NWC task assignment reminders and escalations. Currently when specifying days as part of reminders and escalations there seems to be no easy way to exclude weekends. Thanks.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Calculation flexibility

Multiple calculations in a single action. Currently I can only add 2 values together. This gets wild when I have 5 + values that I need to add together

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make component workflow outputs optional

We have a few component workflows that return multiple output variables, but we don't always care about all the outputs in every situation. There's a number of built in actions with outputs (Call a Web Service) where the outputs aren't required, and don't need to be defined in order to save/use the action.

It would be nice if the outputs of a component workflow were optional, so that we don't have to create variables to store data we don't always care about?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow query of NWC Tasks by assignee

There is a big push to use NWC over O365 for workflows, but I am unable to utilize NWC for our core workflows because I can't send one email that lists all of the tasks waiting for each person.

in the old SharePoint, users got individual email reminders for each active task. They hated it and it resulted in them ignoring the emails or creating rules to hide them because there were too many. They are all excited that in Nintex, I am sending them only 1 daily reminder email that lists all of the open tasks for them, including…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. DEV Testing

I was just reading up about the testing feature within the NWC workflow designer. I've used this feature before and have found it helpful for some of my less complex workflows for testing simpler ideas. I've found that I do not make use of it with my production workflows however because it still sends out tasks and emails to whoever they are typically assigned to. When I do testing I can't be sending my vendors and coworkers extraneous emails. It'd be helpful to have the testing feature default all emails and tasks to my own email rather than running them…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Insert Variables Flyout idea

The Insert Variables flyout shown when inserting variables into an action's configuration should either not close when scrolling through the action's properties, or there should be a checkbox in that flyout to not close it when scrolling through the properties, default to not checked.

I find that if I have to insert a lot of variables into an action configuration (Create Item in Office 365 for example) then if I have to scroll down to reach more fields, the flyout will close, requiring me to open it again and search for the variables I was last at to insert more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Start condition on dynamic date

When setting up the start condition on an event from a 3rd party SaaS system, it is currently impossible to use a dynamic date value like 'Today' or 'Instance start date' as you cannot insert variables into the start condition.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. option to not capture instance data for privacy reasons

When a workflow executes all data for the workflow variables are available in the workflow instance start data in the NWC dashboard.

Some data that is captured on forms would include data that is personal private information (eg personal email, phone number, etc).

Thus the NWC instance data becomes an additional data store to be considered for data breach implications.

It would be great for either:
    1) a global option when publishing the workflow to not capture variable values in instance start data

or

2) an optional variable by variable to not be captured in instance start data.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Format Date for Nintex Workflow Cloud Start form

ref:00D90q6Cb.5002v2sCWZq:ref

Please add the option to format the Date field i.e

DD/MM/YY
    DD/MM/YYYY

etc

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add snippets functionality to NWC

Following from a discussion on the community, it would be great to bring the Nintex for SharePoint functionality of snippets to NWC.

Snippets allows for parts of a workflow to be saved to a gallery for easy re-use in other workflows.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable Workflow failure notification for Development Workflows - NWC

Enable Workflow failure notification alerts on Nintex Workflow Cloud. This would be really useful when multiple workflows are under development. Instead of reviewing the Instance details regularly, the alerts would make it easier to get an insight on failed workflow instances.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update File Name in Workflow

Would be great if there was a way to update the name of a file that has been submitted via a Nintex Form within the workflow instance itself. This would make it much easier to associate files with other references provided within the form, such as a Title or Name.

Forum discussion: https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-Workflow-Cloud/Add-variable-to-attachment-file-name/td-p/110872

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  4 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Schedule option

I have the requirement to run the workflow Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I don't see anywhere to set it in the Schedule. Can you please help? This feature is very common in Windows Server: Task Scheduler. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show where variables are used in workflow

Within the variable menu you should be able to see where a variable is being used (what actions) within the workflow.

If you need to find and replace a variable within the workflow designer (such as needing to change a variable's type), when working with large workflows it is hard to find where the variables are being used, but you cannot update/remove the variable until all instances are removed from existing actions.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base