5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pause/wait until

We have the need for an action in NWC that is present in Office365 and SharePoint. "Wait until" where we can insert a date.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Arne,

I need to ask a few questions about what you’re trying to achieve:

Is this a specific date that you will configure into the workflow directly (e.g. “I want to wait until April 1st”)?

If not, will you calculate a date in the future, based on the current date (e.g. I want to wait for 7 days from this action completion point)?
    If this is the scenario you are trying to achieve, then “Pause for duration” will be the action you’re looking for. This will let you configure a relative duration to pause for.

If yes, how far in advance will that specific date be? Once that date lapses, will you update the workflow to another date in the future?
    If you have a specific date in mind, then you will have to add 1 more action into your workflow – “Find interval between dates”. By using the…

2. use Form based/Express Approval Assign Task Actions in one Go

Hi,

Use case is I'm showing the information captured in previous step of workflow via form need to show in next action where Reviewer A should see the request details in email. Reviewer A should be able to perform below actions:

1) Checking the request detail on email and extend approval by directly clicking on URL/Action button (Reject/Approve) via email or by responding to Reject/Approve to email

2) If Reviewer A thinks information needs to be updated he should click on the form link available in the form and edit or add some comments and submit form

Means, Reviewer A…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add actionable message to task email

There needs to be an option to add lazy approval actionable message to emails generated from tasks. One of the biggest drawbacks that is keeping me from switching from O365 to Cloud, is that option.

With current cloud lazy approval, user has to reply to email with response. With O365 actionable message, the user can click simply click on a response button. Having the user reply to an email, adds a layer of complexity that will allow for errors and delayed processes.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. More date formats

Hey guys, could we have a few more options in the Format date action? e.g. ddd mmm yyyy. i.e. combinations that have full names of days and months both in dd mm order and mm dd order. Cheers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Retrieving Message header in assign a task action

On the "assign a task" action, we can already retrieve the Message body, that would be great to also retrieve the message header.

It may not be used in many cases but for some cases (we are facing one at the moment on a projetc), we would be able to retrieve the IP of the sender.
    There could be many other usages

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why no Auto Save??

I lost a more than a day of work, hours!
    and no automatic save feature....

This alone will cause me not to go with Nintex as a solution. I can't afford this.
    I've testes over 8 solutions this month, and all offer auto save.
    The mighty Nintex does not....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhance scheduled start

I would love to see enhancements to scheduled start. Scenarios I would like to see are:

- Every x Monday of the month
    - Every x workday of the month

Regards,
    Daniel

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Stage Beacons - remove beacon data required field

Please remove the requirement of having mandatory Beacon Data, Stage Name should be the only requirement. Have a mandatory Beacon creates a lot more work structuring the data for reporting. You end up with a lot of data will NULL data that must be filtered out.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out!
    We’ve had a look at the action, and you’re right – Start and End beacon actions shouldn’t require Beacons. We’ve queued up the request to update this action, I will keep you informed as it moves into Development and when it’s released.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments!
    Kate

9. Access to Task URL (currently only found in task email)

Access to Task URL (currently only found in task email)
    Get Task URL to be able to add to an open tasks dashboard or elsewhere.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  3 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Image link in send an email

Please add the ability to add an image link when drafting the email body of send the email. We have a need to incorporate into the email signature the organisation's Logo and link to the organisation's web site but the functionality is not there on Nintex Workflow Cloud whilst Nintex Workflow O365 and On Premise has this ability

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Try catch block is missing workflow

Hi Team,

we cant see try catch activity in the workflow designer and its making problem big time for us in orchestrating the process flow as there is always set of activity which is error prone and if we dont put exception handling it will break the process instances so often and we are not able to take any remedation action of failure .

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Debugging assistance: Capture JSON after a task or log all variables action

When a task is completed it would be handy to capture the JSON for debugging purposes. Alternatively if there was an action that logged all variables and their values, that would be useful too. It's possible to log all variables now but that means updating the action each time a new variable is created. If there was a "log all" action or something similar to the verbose logging that is available with Nintex on-prem this would help with debugging.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Chris,

Noted. We do have the verbose logging feature that you mentioned in the backlog.

As for capturing the JSON of the tasks we’ll need to look into that in further detail on how we would do that.

Josh

13. Re-play Assign a Task feature

Hi There,

Wondering it this has been implemented or resolved? Re-play "Assign a task" feature?
    I've created a basic workflow to test start event form, then after that it has another step below "Assign a Task" with form.
    i.e Staff fills out Nintex Cloud form and one of the fields are "Manager" easy. (The to field is a variable set from start event "varManagerEmail") if for some reason there's a typo in the email address. Nintex can see it's done it's job and next step, however the "Manager" never got the email because of the typo and the instance is…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Will,

Based on what you’re trying to achieve, it sounds like “delegation” would be the best solution; If the task is assigned to a user/invalid email address, delegate the task to a new user/valid email address.

This request has been added to the product backlog. Thanks for your feedback!
    Kate

14. Retrieve day of the week from date/datetime variables

I would like to be able to take a date variable and find out the day of the week (Mon, Tue, etc.) There are times where I want to take action based on day of the week, but have no ability to do that right now.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Salesforce capability idea

Not a product problem. But something that has popped up a few times now when dealing with Salesforce Leads. Having the ability to convert a lead to a contact and be able to configure an action to create a new account / Opportunity or assign . the lead to Account / Opportunity IDs would be be really great.
    The only way to achieve this at the moment, with out using APEX is to look for a lead, and if it existing copy all the information to variables. Delete the lead and the recreate a new contact using the stored data…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Box new file option - start workflow for all files in subfolders

Ability to have a Box New File start option that triggers on all files added to it and its subfolders. Often I want a single workflow to run on all files that are added, but I want the option to have those files in subfolders.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Display workflow name, multitabs, copy/paste actions

1. Display Workflow Name in page header.
    2. Multitabs for workflows to easily move between them
    3. Copy/paste action from one workflow to another

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove Everyone from workflow

Delete "Everyone" from workflow access

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expand calculate date

I would love to be able to calculate the last workday of the week/month/year based on a date. It would also be great if the ability could be added to get the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th monday or other day of the month and some other options.

Could you please add this option?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to open and close a Azure VPN tunnel

Using something like https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/vpn-gateway/ and other similar services.

Being able to securely connect to On-Premise data thru an on-demand VPN tunnel would provide a cost effective way to connect to this data rather than having to establish an always on VPN tunnel

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  2 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base