5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export/Import Form Design/Layout

For my workflow start event, I have a very complex form designed that the user fills out. I'd like to be able to copy the layout to a task form later on in the workflow. I don't see an export/import button or a way to copy it? Please add this. Thanks!

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion, Michael. We are considering this feature.

As a work around, you can export and import the whole workflow, then remove the actions on the imported workflow (not the original).

Cheers,
    Euan

2. Data Look up from SQL Server on a Form

There needs to be a way to pull/show data on the Form using the Data Lookup from a SQL Database. Many Forms we have information that users can pick or we show users in a label the information that come out of SQL Databases instead of having to hardcode the choices into the drop down choice especially when this data can change or not show them important information they might need to make a decision on the form in a label.

EX.
    Approved Vendors
    Buildings
    Information pertaining to that specific user

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pre-populating Answers and Repeating Sections

In my organisation, forms need be signed-off by several levels of management before they are complete. If they're unsatisfied with anything, this can be passed back to the previous stage. This means I need to save and recover the current answers, then pre-populate them in the form at each stage.

Currently I do this by saving answers to a SQL database, then recalling them as a comma delimited string and using a substring to 'cut up' the answers. I did try extracting each answer as a row in a Collection (by using a Pivot table in SQL), but this required…

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow add buttons to NWC form

It would be very helpful if we could add buttons to NWC forms and specify what value they set to a field. For example, I would like to give my users the ability to click cancel on a form. Then the workflow will perform some tasks (like update the SP list item Status to "Cancelled") and then the workflow ends.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign a task without email notification

Give the option to assign a task without emailing the assignee(s).
    With the addition of my nintex, some users are already asking for the option to just monitor their tasks in there on a daily basis rather than receive emails for each task.

If multiple users are assigned it would be good to chose who gets the email and who doesnt. This would be particularly useful to send a notification to a shared inbox and allow users of that inbox (also assignees) to complete the task as their users.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. improve data lookup control with multi-value fields and more

The new Data Lookup control in the Forms designer needs at least these three additional features:
    [1] Support for multi-value fields (really needed soon)
    [2] Allowing multiple Option Labels that will show as multiple columns in the pull down.
    [3] Selecting a field to sort the option list by.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dataverse Connector

Create a Dataverse Connector. This week I had 3 requests for that to be available. If it does not exist, I will need to recommend other Microsoft tools that have that options.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow for HTML/JavaScript within labels or within a separate control on the form.

If we can add custom HTML/JavaScript to the NWC forms then we can enhance it in so many ways. From adding google address lookups to applying custom themes.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Default Value for Data Lookup

Should be able to determine a default value for a Data Lookup control. This could be configured so that the default would be the "first" value returned by the control, or when the data lookup only returns one value it automatically becomes the value that is displayed.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Task Form Link Variable

It would be great to have a default variable in the workflow the workflow that stores the link to a task form. Right now I grab these through the API connections but it would be much more intuitive and clean on the developer end if we didn't need to.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Customizable Dashboards

It would be great to be able to fully customize a dashboard within Nintex. My team needs our workflows to reports on non-standard metrics (such as each instance's position on a Branch-By-Stage action item). To create a dashboard that can report on that information we have had to create a chain of four separate softwares to allow us to report information to SmartSheet and create a dashboard there.

Some of the features we would like to see in a dashboard include:
    - reporting links to forms
    - reporting customized instance variables
    - creating summary visuals to roll up case numbers…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Send Info Via SmartSheet Connection

Hi Team!

I'd like to be able to send information to SmartSheet from my workflow. Currently the SmartSheet connector only supports retrieving information which limits my ability to use the connector.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. SharePoint Online - Retrieve an item - Set the "SharePoint site URL" by variable

Hi team,

I am using the "SharePoint Online - Retrieve an item" action in a workflow. Why can't we set the "SharePoint site URL" parameter by using a variable?
    The "SharePoint Online - Update items" & "SharePoint Online - Create an item" allows for us to insert a variable.

This is extremely useful when switching between Dev and Prod sites. Is there an alternative option here?

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. DEV Testing

I was just reading up about the testing feature within the NWC workflow designer. I've used this feature before and have found it helpful for some of my less complex workflows for testing simpler ideas. I've found that I do not make use of it with my production workflows however because it still sends out tasks and emails to whoever they are typically assigned to. When I do testing I can't be sending my vendors and coworkers extraneous emails. It'd be helpful to have the testing feature default all emails and tasks to my own email rather than running them…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase File Upload Size Limit for NWC.

The file upload action for Nintex Workflow Cloud is currently limited ot 25MB files. But we are seeing more and more need to increase this file size limit. A 250MB limit like what is on Nintex Workflow for O365 would be a great start.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Powershell via Nintex Gateway

It would be nice to leverage the Nintex Gateway to execute powershell or command line scripts to interact with on-prem resources. This would allow similar to AzureAD functionality for environments that are more hyrbid focused.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MSSQL use Nintex Gateway

MSSQL Connector should be modified to use a nintex gateway and be able to access named instances and use domain accounts (similar to Sharepoint-OnPrem) rather than exposing the MSSQL Database Server to the internet as required currently.

This may also be useful for MySQL to reduce exposing on-prem servers to the internet.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to change/customize the sender email address in Nintex Workflow Cloud.

When you send an email in Nintex Workflow Cloud, all the emails will be delivered by nintex@workflowcloud.com and we are looking to change this email with one of our own email addresses/domains < noreply@mydomain.com>.

144 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  17 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Start condition on dynamic date

When setting up the start condition on an event from a 3rd party SaaS system, it is currently impossible to use a dynamic date value like 'Today' or 'Instance start date' as you cannot insert variables into the start condition.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add url or path condition to the SharePoint Online query a list action

Right now it's impossible to query for a specific document without the use of ID.

Unless you have the ID you are risking getting multiple results, for instance if the file name is not unique.

Please add the use of Url in the condition for the SharePoint Online query a list action.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base