5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

How can we improve Nintex Workflow Cloud?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Regular Expression

Having the ability to use regular expression to validate if a users input is valid based to customs rules for that data. Examples would be like phone number formats, not allowing numbers/letters, etc. This is super helpful when doing validation outside of normal validation method.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Regional Data Centres with the ability to create data regions

Ability to have NWC run in multiple data centres. Starting with one to choose depending on my preferred location, followed by the ability to create different data regions. Handy for multinational organisations that want to ensure data is hosted where their regional subsidiary is located.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assigning Task to Multiple Approvers

Allowing a task to be sent out to multiple users/ approvers would be helpful in some situations. I have tried many workarounds with fiddling with variables and keep getting an "invalid email format" error. The only workaround I have found is creating email distribution groups within my org, which is a very messy workaround.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Clint,

Thanks for reaching out!
    You’re right, unfortunately there is no work around for adding multiple email addresses to a Task action, other than to assign tasks to an email distribution list.
    The good news is Multiple assignees for Assign a Task is already in our backlog, and awaiting prioritization.

Just to get a better understanding of your scenario, to ensure we’ll satisfy what you’re trying to achieve:
    - How many assignees would you typically configure in your Task action?
    - Would you expect all assignees to approve the task before proceeding?

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
    Thanks for your patience,
    Kate

4. Pause/wait until

We have the need for an action in NWC that is present in Office365 and SharePoint. "Wait until" where we can insert a date.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Arne,

I need to ask a few questions about what you’re trying to achieve:

Is this a specific date that you will configure into the workflow directly (e.g. “I want to wait until April 1st”)?

If not, will you calculate a date in the future, based on the current date (e.g. I want to wait for 7 days from this action completion point)?
    If this is the scenario you are trying to achieve, then “Pause for duration” will be the action you’re looking for. This will let you configure a relative duration to pause for.

If yes, how far in advance will that specific date be? Once that date lapses, will you update the workflow to another date in the future?
    If you have a specific date in mind, then you will have to add 1 more action into your workflow – “Find interval between dates”. By using the…

5. European region for NWC

There is currently only one region available for NWC. For compliance reasons we need Europe as a possibility. The other post i for multiple regions, and we don't need that. We need more regions available, specific for us is Europe.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Arne,

Thanks for your feedback!

We are currently planning to spin up NWC in the Europe region. I will endeavour to keep this ticket updated with its progress.

I wanted to clarify your requirements here – Beyond putting NWC in Europe, are there any other required points to satisfy your compliance needs?

Regards,
    Kate

6. use Form based/Express Approval Assign Task Actions in one Go

Hi,

Use case is I'm showing the information captured in previous step of workflow via form need to show in next action where Reviewer A should see the request details in email. Reviewer A should be able to perform below actions:

1) Checking the request detail on email and extend approval by directly clicking on URL/Action button (Reject/Approve) via email or by responding to Reject/Approve to email

2) If Reviewer A thinks information needs to be updated he should click on the form link available in the form and edit or add some comments and submit form

Means, Reviewer A…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Connector for Microsoft Teams

More and more people are now using Microsoft Teams! It would be very helpful if you could make a connector that could do all or some of the following things:
    - Post to a channel (Message and Card)
    - Send a chat message (Message and Card)
    - Create/Modify/Delete a Team
    - Create/Modify/Delete a Channel

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More Style and Font options

Workflow cloud forms have very limited font and style capabilities. It is very much a necessity to have a label/title font size, input font-size on controls and a font size option on the label rather than the existing Heading 1- 6 which is very limiting.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion. We are currently reviewing our style builder and looking at more granular control of fonts and colours.

I will update this feature when this moves to development.

Cheers,
    Euan

9. Response output as JSON instead of string when component workflow is triggered from external system

When I try to use the OpenAPI swagger specification for a component workflow and trigger the workflow from another system - the response output is a string which has the instance id of the workflow that was triggered. Instead could this be returned as a JSON object? Is there any future release plan that would make this change?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Runtime  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Nintex Worklfow Cloud - Salesforce Actions (Get/Attach files) is saving documents into 'Notes and Attachments' section.

Nintex Worklfow Cloud - Salesforce Actions (Get/Attach files) is saving documents into 'Notes and Attachments' section. It would be of more value to provide an option to save them to 'Files' section under a Salesforce Object, since 'Notes and Attachments' section is depreciating.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Shortcut keys for fields/variables inconsistent

Hi all, the short cut keys to access variables/fields differ between the form designer and the form variable editor.

In the form designer, if I want to access a field/variable, I type [[ (two square brackets).

In the form variable editor, if I want to access a field/variable, I only need to type a single [

I reckon these should be consistent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Tables to ServiceNow Connector

The addition of the ServiceNow connector is HUGE for us! However, the major of usage for Nintex forms is with Call records, and/or Incidents.

I'm requesting that you add the Calls and Incidents tables to the available tables options in the ServiceNow connector configuration.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add actionable message to task email

There needs to be an option to add lazy approval actionable message to emails generated from tasks. One of the biggest drawbacks that is keeping me from switching from O365 to Cloud, is that option.

With current cloud lazy approval, user has to reply to email with response. With O365 actionable message, the user can click simply click on a response button. Having the user reply to an email, adds a layer of complexity that will allow for errors and delayed processes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support non-OK status-code in xtensions

Currently if a xtension responds with a code other than 2xx the call is considered to be a failure.

However many APIs legitimately return a status-code other than 2xx. For example if you query a service and no results are found, many APIs return 404 - "Not Found". This is a valid response and I would like to react on this response within the workflow. Many times this would result in either creating a new record (if a query returns 404) or updating an existing record (if a query returns 200).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Xtensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add connector to Google Drive Team Drives

Google Drive connector only supports personal drive access. To use NWC in enterprise environment with Google Drive, Team Drives access is required

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Connectors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate with Okta for SSO and user provisioning

Integrate with Okta for SSO and user provisioning

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding bulk users or AD groups for inviting users to NWC

Currently, the only option to invite for NWC is adding a user one by one through the User management console. Instead, there should be option provided to add users in bulk / add AD group to the users list to gain access to NWC.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Dashboard Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Krishnarao,

Apologies in the delay in my response.

There is currently no plan to enable the bulk-adding of users, but I’d like to get some more context to see if we have an alternative solution for you:

1. What would you set as the users’ permissions? e.g. Will majority of users be listed as a participant, in order to submit forms?
    2. How many users are you wanting to add in this bulk transaction?
    3. Is your NWC tenant federated?

Thanks in advance,
    Kate

18. Address finder functionality on Forms

It would be great to have address finder functionality on NWC forms, using Google Address Finder (or similar) so that entering text into an address field would bring up autocomplete options.

This would give consistency in address formatting, guarantee correct city spelling and postcodes, etc. and allow us use these in form & workflow variables.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Philip. After we built the Geolocation control, we found an address control would be possible using the Google APIs. It is in the backlog but not scheduled at this point.

I will update this idea when we move it to the plan.

Euan

19. Why no Auto Save??

I lost a more than a day of work, hours!
    and no automatic save feature....

This alone will cause me not to go with Nintex as a solution. I can't afford this.
    I've testes over 8 solutions this month, and all offer auto save.
    The mighty Nintex does not....

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  1 comment  ·  Workflow Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Current Date in Form Variables

Today function. In form variables we need a way to reference the current date/time. It's great that we have date functions, but it's quite limited when we can't compare against the current date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

5 - Nintex Workflow Cloud

Feedback and Knowledge Base