8 - Nintex Drawloop DocGen™ for Salesforce

This is an open user-forum, giving you the opportunity to submit new ideas and feedback for Nintex Drawloop Document Generation for Salesforce. It gives us direct user insight on our product, existing features, and may even influence future product releases. Your feedback is highly valued!

- The Nintex Team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple columns in Forms

It would be a very nice to feature to be able to fields in columns when using DocGen in Salesforce using the form feature.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhance Lookup Relationships

As is, the lookup relationship type doesn't have much value. It only works in a single record scenario. Please consider enhancing lookup relationships so that if they're part of a table or row the lookup relationship automatically replicates. This would allow us to tag records to reference the correct lookup record.

Today, if a lookup relationship is part of a table or row, all tables/rows only reference the first lookup record making them have very little value.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create ability to run Insert-Updates and compile documents in an order selected by the author.

I have a case where I need to:
    1. Compile a document
    2. Create a case object
    3. Compile a final document with a link to the case that was created.

This is not possible today because the system automatically compiles both documents first and then creates the case. So the final document that should link to the case that was created instead links to the last case that was created on an account. Please update Drawloop to allow us to set the order that items are compiled.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Only have the Insert-Update and/or Attachment to perform if the email is sent

Using the email delivery option with insert-update and attach back to the record, there are sometimes the user will cancel the email. In this case, we do not want to have the insert-update and/or attachment to be performed on the running record.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow for SOQL Queries WITHIN a group or table using references to the current Row

I was trying to use a table in a document for a client and was saddened to find out that it is impossible to use a SOQL query within the table even when referencing the row object's ID. This feature would be a GAME CHANGER. i.e. My client wanted to show the name of a bundle of products (a custom object model) as a row in a table with all of the other bundles - this part was achieved - but then they wanted to add the subtotal of the individual bundles. To do this, I needed to sum up…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Sub-Totals on table replication

We use DocGen (Drawloop) on Opportunities. The DocGen can create multiple tables great, but there is not way to create a sub-total on each total.
    For instance a Quote with Table 1 for Products and Table 2 for Services. We have the ability to make the tables, but we cannot create sub-totals of each table.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamic dates field tags

It would be great idea to have more options than Now, Today and Tomorrow for date field tags. For example a Today + 14 days field tag would enable the document to not always have to be updated with a future date at every instance of ddp generation

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There should be some mechanism to automate the migration of word template changes from one org to the next.

Currently, ddp's can only be migrated in an automated fashion once. After that any changes made in the word templates in a ddp have to be made manually in all orgs. This should be automated. The word templates should migrate to qa, staging and to prod (rather than making the changes manually in each template in each org).

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for Versioned Document Generation in Salesforce

Salesforce Files (ConventVersion) out of the box supports the ability to upload multiple versions of the same document such that the end user in Salesforce only see the current version of the document.

It would be a useful feature if DocGen when generating the same document more than once would upload subsequent documents as additioinal versions of the initial document instead of creating a new document on each generation.

Our use case is that we use docGen for sending quotes to our customers. We typically go through multiple iterations of a quote with a customer. Each time we send a…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I recently downloaded the most current version for DocGen in hopes that it would remove flash from the classic version of salesforce.

The update removed flash from salesforce lightning only. My company has not migrated to lightning yet and it would be beneficial if flash was removed from the classic version of salesforce as well.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Visibility On Who "Activates/Deactivates" or "Tests" Report/Scheduled DDP's

It would be nice to see who clicks on the "Test" button or who last "Activates" a Report DDP. At some random times, my Report DDP will send out when it is not activated, which means someone is clicking the "Test" button on it. It would be nice to track who is doing this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Form Steps to apply only to specific delivery Options

When adding Insert Updates, you are able to select whether the update should take place for all or only specific delivery options.
    Similarly, I'd like to be able to specify Form Steps so that they are used for only specific delivery options.
    For example, if I'm prompting the user for information that is necessary for sending via email, I don;t need to capture that when sending the document directly to storage

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Files on DDP where Inclusion Type = Optional to be able to be included on a List in the merged document

The DDP allows to select document(s) Inclusion Type as Optional, which a user can then select to be included in the document to be merged. However we would like to have also the ability of having these documents marked as optional to "print in a list" in the merged document.
    For example we have 2 endorsements marked as Optional:
    Endorsement 1
    Endorsement 2
    when checked we would like them to be listed on the merged document as i.e.

INCLUDED ENDORSEMENTS

Endorsement 1
    Endorsement 2

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More Flexible Expiration Options for DDPs

There should be more flexibility in assigning expiration dates to individual DDPs. Right now, you can only specify the number of days until expiration. What if we could choose a specific day of the month the package would expire on? What if we could specify document expiration on the first day of each month or the last day of each month? I think this would be incredibly helpful to a lot of users.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to merge an object's attachments seperate from templates

I have a DDP that needs an excel template, and multiple files pulled from an object. This is not an issue, however, there is no way to have the excel template to be its own file and have a merged PDF of multiple files on an object record. It's only possible to either merge everything into a PDF output, or have the output use the originals and a combined PDF.

My proposed solution to this problem is to add a "Template Output Type" selection field in the template's options, the same as the "Document Output Type" picklist in the delivery…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to filter to specific Files attached to a record

I need the ability to filter to a subset of Files linked to a particular record based off custom fields on the Files

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Field update for multiple records in scheduled report

Hello,

We are currently sending out a scheduled report with accounts and missing the possibility to use the field update on the package to update a field on all the records in the report.

It is configurable but not working and Nintex Support already confirmed that this is not inteded to work.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to place attachment between DDP templates

My DDP has 10 template documents. I want to include an attachment from the record but it should appear in between the template documents rather than at the end of the generate document.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Adobe Sign Delivery option: Ability to set 'Days till Signing Expires' field dynamically

Currently the 'Days till Signing Expires' field on the Adobe Sign Delivery option accepts only numerical values which are constants. It should be possible to use the field tagger to reference any field as a value for the same which will allow the users to have dynamic Expiry dates defined for the echosign agreements.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to include pulling feed attachments from multiple objects

When creating a DDP, we need files across multiple objects to be combined and rendered as distinct pages in a consolidated document. This has been confirmed as a known issue.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base