8 - Nintex DocGen™ for Salesforce (formerly Drawloop)

This is an open user-forum, giving you the opportunity to submit new ideas and feedback for Nintex Document Generation for Salesforce (formerly Drawloop). It gives us direct user insight on our product, existing features, and may even influence future product releases. Your feedback is highly valued!

- The Nintex Team

How can we improve Nintex DocGen for Salesforce (formerly Drawloop)

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create ability to run Insert-Updates and compile documents in an order selected by the author.

I have a case where I need to:
    1. Compile a document
    2. Create a case object
    3. Compile a final document with a link to the case that was created.

This is not possible today because the system automatically compiles both documents first and then creates the case. So the final document that should link to the case that was created instead links to the last case that was created on an account. Please update Drawloop to allow us to set the order that items are compiled.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • When creating a DocGen form with multiple checkboxes, please include an option to be to Select All options

We have a form with 40+ checkbox options which requires the ability to be able to "Select All" otherwise the user has to go through and select each option individually to get all items checked. This is affecting functionality in a critical business report within a multi-million dollar, two year project which is scheduled to go live in Jan 2018. Please place this request on high priority, thank you!

15 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Font Embeddability level "Embeddable" to be able to convert the document into PDF.

Hello,

I was prompt to come here to address my issue. Initially when downloading chair contracts in sales force, when the contract was generated it would come up as the Mueso Sans Regular Font. For some unknown reason, when downloading contracts now it comes up as some other font. Need to get the original Mueso Sans Regular Font back. Contacted Sales force after weeks of investigating the cause of the issue, I was told that 'Our product team reviewed the issue and found that that it seems to be related to the Font Embeddability. This specific font does not allow…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • doc queue buttons not working in Lightning

None of the doc queue buttons work in Salesforce Lightning. All the Doc Queue buttons like the Download1PDF and few other custom buttons created using the button wizard still using the One Click Java script which is not at all an option in the Lightning. These need to be changed to support in Lightning.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Lightning Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Where a formula text field has internal carriage returns, i.e. the user has entered something like

Where a formula text field has internal carriage returns, i.e. the user has entered
            line 1
            line 2
            line 3
            a DDP currently renders that at line 1 line 2 line 3

Salesforce respects the internal breaks and it would be better if a DDP did the same.

This has become an issue for us where the formula field contains an address with multiple lines. Having all the lines flow into one means that we cannot produce a properly formatted address on a letter.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Discontinue use of Flash in template organizer

Flash Player is fraught with security risks, and not everyone has it enabled in their browser. Please move to some other kind of template management component.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Use Files instead of Documents

Files offers features like previews and version control, while Documents does not. I suggest switching so that we can take advantage of such features.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Possiblity to iterate the records and display it column wise instead of row? Currently the iteration is only row wise, some reports requi

Possibility to iterate the records and display it column wise instead of row. Currently records are iterated row wise, it could be a nice option if we can have it iterated column wise.

Record A Status A Description A
                  Record B Status B Description B
                  Record C Status C Description C

Record A Record B Record C
                  Status A Status B Status
                  Description A Description B Description C

2 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Document Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Ability to include pulling feed attachments from multiple objects

When creating a DDP, we need files across multiple objects to be combined and rendered as distinct pages in a consolidated document. This has been confirmed as a known issue.

2 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • allow preview of mass document packages

We use the mass document feature to send multiple certificates of completion. We would like to ensure that the document looks correct before sending (i.e. that a long name hasn't forced text to overflow to a new page).

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Allow prioritization of automated DDPs

When documents are requested via Workflow and Outbound Message, they are queued up on the servers in the order that the messages are sent (FIFO).

Where some of the requested documents are more time sensitive than others, it would be great to be able to flag to the OB Message so that the server would identify that request as high priority and generate it before the other (not high priority) documents in the queue.

A possible deliverable could be a second parallel Queue whose documents would always generate before any in the main queue allowing for FIFO on the high…

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Allow calculations in form fields.

It would be useful to have calculations performed by Drawloop from data input into form fields, without the need for using Excel as Middleware. This would expand the form capabilities and simplify the process. For example, if you have a contract price and you need a 10% deposit, the form should be able to calculate the deposit field from the contract price and % entered.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Support Tables in Rich Text Fields

We would like to be able paste a 'table' (portion of an Excel spreadsheet) into a rich text field in Salesforce, and then for Drawloop to place the table into a document without losing the table formatting.

Currently this functionality is not possible and the only work-around we have is to take a screen shot image of the excel sheet, crop it and insert it into the rich text area as a file... which works but is slow and not easily editable.

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Support Account Contact Relationship Salesforce Object

Salesforce released a new feature in Summer 16, contacts to multiple accounts. This feature allows one contact to have a direct relationship with one account as well as many indirect relationships.

When creating a DDP I can only choose my recipient from contacts that have a direct relationship with an account, not an indirect relationship. We have a work around, we reassign the contact to a different account, but it would sure be great if we didn't have to do that. It would be perfect if Drawloop would support the new contact model and show all contact associated with an…

18 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Lightning Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Summary Relationships

Drawloop doesn't make it too easy to summarize data from multiple records. It always involves writing a custom SOQL query; in itself not too hard but then it can't be easily combined with a Table/Row structure in multiple records.

I'd love to see you guys add a declarative solution for aggregated data that fits within the Table/Row structure, please.

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • allow tables in component groups

I am using drawloop to create quotes and i would like to have different tables based on criteria. For instance, we have a checkbox on the quote to show the discount on the quote or not. It would be great to use component groups to have a different table with or without the discount column based on the selection of this checkbox.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Component Library  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Hide flag on DDP - Delivery Option

We've lot of SMTP delivery options for a given DDP which we use to trigger emails from backend. These delivery options we don't want to show on UI. It would be great if we have some king of flag to show/hide on UI.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  UX/UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Drawloop doesn't differentiate between Custom fields and standard field names

Tried to set up a letter template and I wanted to use the contact's title (e.g. Mr) in the template, however the Drawloop Tag is identical to another Label and it’s therefore pulling back “Dear Monty” instead.

Label Tag Value
                                      Salutation / Greeting <<Contact_Salutation>> Dear Monty
                                      Title <<Contact_Salutation>> Mr

I’ve spoken to our developers who have said “The standard Salesforce field’s API name is “Contact.Salutation”. Our custom field’s API name is “Contact.Salutation__c”. For some reason, the Drawlook field tagger doesn’t distinguish between standard and custom field names; it doesn’t observe the ‘__c’ appendix.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • More Flexible Expiration Options for DDPs

There should be more flexibility in assigning expiration dates to individual DDPs. Right now, you can only specify the number of days until expiration. What if we could choose a specific day of the month the package would expire on? What if we could specify document expiration on the first day of each month or the last day of each month? I think this would be incredibly helpful to a lot of users.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • HTTP delivery: Support BASIC-AUTH in the HTTP delivery option.

Passing credentials via Url parameters is not compatible with standard web servers, and we should always try to be compatible with standard web server behaviour when implementing web services, yes?
                                          This would permit securing the end-point for the Http delivery option so it does not sit open to the internet as the next underground 0-day warez site. Even if there are is no way to download files once uploaded to the end-point, and even if I wrote a robot or cron job to clean up unwanted files, I should not *have* to write a robot to clean up unwanted files;…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5
                                          • Don't see your idea?

8 - Nintex DocGen™ for Salesforce (formerly Drawloop)

Feedback and Knowledge Base