8 - Nintex Drawloop

This is an open user-forum, giving you the opportunity to submit new ideas and feedback for Nintex Drawloop Document Generation. It gives us direct user insight on our product, existing features, and may even influence future product releases. Your feedback is highly valued!

- The Drawloop Document Generation Team

How can we improve Drawloop Document Generation (LOOP Document Services)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Account Contact Relationship Salesforce Object

Salesforce released a new feature in Summer 16, contacts to multiple accounts. This feature allows one contact to have a direct relationship with one account as well as many indirect relationships.

When creating a DDP I can only choose my recipient from contacts that have a direct relationship with an account, not an indirect relationship. We have a work around, we reassign the contact to a different account, but it would sure be great if we didn't have to do that. It would be perfect if Drawloop would support the new contact model and show all contact associated with an…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Lightning Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • More Flexible Expiration Options for DDPs

There should be more flexibility in assigning expiration dates to individual DDPs. Right now, you can only specify the number of days until expiration. What if we could choose a specific day of the month the package would expire on? What if we could specify document expiration on the first day of each month or the last day of each month? I think this would be incredibly helpful to a lot of users.

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • HTTP delivery: Support BASIC-AUTH in the HTTP delivery option.

Passing credentials via Url parameters is not compatible with standard web servers, and we should always try to be compatible with standard web server behaviour when implementing web services, yes?
        This would permit securing the end-point for the Http delivery option so it does not sit open to the internet as the next underground 0-day warez site. Even if there are is no way to download files once uploaded to the end-point, and even if I wrote a robot or cron job to clean up unwanted files, I should not *have* to write a robot to clean up unwanted files;…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Document Automation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Summary Relationships

Drawloop doesn't make it too easy to summarize data from multiple records. It always involves writing a custom SOQL query; in itself not too hard but then it can't be easily combined with a Table/Row structure in multiple records.

I'd love to see you guys add a declarative solution for aggregated data that fits within the Table/Row structure, please.

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Use an entry from an earlier answer to populate a question

It would be beneficial if a user could enter in an answer to a question early in the form and then that entry could be auto populated as part of a question later on in the form.

For example if one of the drop down answers was Other and we then asked them to specify who the other is it would be beneficial if the questions following that answer could specify that we are talking about their entry for other. Example: How many hours a week does [Other] use our product?

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Update Existing Content

I'm currently using 'Salesforce Files' which creates a content record for the DDP. Salesforce supports content versioning making it easy for users to 'attach a new version' however this isn't supported in Drawloop.

It would be next level, if you could give us options to insert a new file, but if it exists, update the content. This would give us one static URL to the content and make navigating our Notes & Attachments sections much easier!

6 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Support Dynamic-Name Email recipients that are not 'required' with automated DDPs

Use Case: You want to trigger the DDP via a workflow but the number of dynamic-name email recipients is dynamic.

Issue: Currently this configuration works when triggering the DDP via a button but when using a WF/OBM all the recipients must be marked as 'required' otherwise the DocuSign envelope only displays/sends to one recipient rather than two.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Setup and Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Blind CC ONE email on email delivery option

When emailing in MASS, it would be great to have one of the emails and attached documents carbon copied to the sender. This is an option that is standard in salesforce, but when emailing using LOOP, you only have the option to carbon copy every email, thus flooding the sender's inbox.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Setup and Configuration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow users to search for files (not documents) and attach them before delivering a generated document by email

Our users are generating documents and then want to add flyers or other documents that are stored in Salesforce as content onto the same email. I see an option to add attachments, but this seems to go to Salesforce documents and does not offer user the option to search for files in our content libraries.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  UX/UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Find which Document packages a template is used in

I frequently reuse the same template for more than one doucment package. This makes it easier to manage the branding by only updating a few templates.

When making a change, it would be helpful to have a report showing which document packages the template file was used in.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Add sum row as merge fields when using Report as data source.

Currently, using Reports as a data source only allows you to pull in a tabular column of data (further calculation requires using Excel as middleware). I would like to see the summary row at the bottom of a tabular report be made available as a series of merge fields as well. For example, the current syntax for a report column is <<AnyRangecol1>>; the sum for that column could be <<AnyRangecolsum>>.

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  DDP Management and Creation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Enhance Lookup Relationships

As is, the lookup relationship type doesn't have much value. It only works in a single record scenario. Please consider enhancing lookup relationships so that if they're part of a table or row the lookup relationship automatically replicates. This would allow us to tag records to reference the correct lookup record.

Today, if a lookup relationship is part of a table or row, all tables/rows only reference the first lookup record making them have very little value.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Attach as Zip

I have Drawloop Document Packages that generate multiple files. The users become frustrated though because they're all attached a single downloadable files. It would be great, if Drawloop had the option to attach as a Zip file.

The download option in the document queue does not meet our business needs due to collaboration, unfortunately.

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Ability to Run Own Usage Reports

The ability to run usage reports at a user level. We need to know if our users are creating the set amount of documents when utilizing the Drawloop app. This keeps the managers in the know and ensures every user is using the application to perform certain goals throughout the quarter. Have asked for this report manually on a monthly basis, but it is not enough as the report request gets lost or someone forgets to ask for it.

6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • User Voice Site: Display number of people logged in/viewing/participating

Display the number of people logged into this site for an inclination if/how soon someone might see/answer a question. I am trying to get answers... I've read the documentation, logged a case, spoke to a rep and now I'm turning to the community to find an answer.

If no one is on this site at the given time I post a question, I won't have the expectation to receive an answer, quickly.

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • "Manage MY Cases"

Please add a Manage My Cases button/link to the Drawloop Admin tab.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Enable Rich Text Fields in Drawloop Documents

Drawloop Document Generation does not support tags of Rich Text Fields in a document template. This needs to be enabled as we use have large RTF data fields that need to be dropped in but cannot.

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Allow Addition of Metadata & Extraction of Doc ID

We use Document Generation in SharePoint to turn submitted forms into DOCX & PDFs. Works well. What I'd like to be able to do is associate metadata to my newly generated document in the same step - AND/OR - get the ID of the newly generated document upon it's generation, so I don't have to go back and query for something I've just created and add a pause.

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Feature Request: Create Relationship from existing Relationships

Currently, you can create relationships based on the same object by using aliases, but if one is a direct subset of another, you must create it with redundant filters and poll the database for a whole new query. Instead, it would be useful to create relationships based on ones that are already created. This would avoid redundant filters and potentially improve performance.

Example of current functionality:
                                        Alias 1: Pull Accounts matching filters A and B from entire database.
                                        Alias 2: Pull Accounts matching filters A and C from entire database.

Example of desired functionality:
                                        Alias 1: Pull Accounts matching filters…

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Dynamic dates field tags

It would be great idea to have more options than Now, Today and Tomorrow for date field tags. For example a Today + 14 days field tag would enable the document to not always have to be updated with a future date at every instance of ddp generation

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base