How can we improve Nintex Mobile and Nintex App Studio?

Lookup in inline functions

It would be nice if a form used in the Nintex Mobile apps could lookup values of a sharepoint list when that lookup is used in an inline function. This would help use dynamic or parameterized business rules.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Imanol Nebreda - GFI Norte shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminEuan Gamble (Product Manager, Nintex) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion Imanol. We are currently building Universal Forms, a new Form technology, where the same engine will run on SharePoint, Office 365, Nintex Workflow Cloud and also Nintex Mobile.

We are aiming to have the same experience across all platforms we support – supporting lookups in an offline mode is more complicated however.

We are currently considering how data may be cached but also considering if external data is required, the app should have network connectivity.

We will update this request when we have more detail to share.

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rhia Wieclawek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am getting a LOT of client kick-back on the lack of this functionality. Pretty much every day. Users want to be able to pull back data by only selecting one item in the field -- not select a one-item-dropdown for each piece.

Please please please :( We need this on over 200 forms.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not supported???

We use lookup() everywhere to reference information based on the selections of other controls.

My scenario is a mobile app form that contributes towards a bigger review process. The user will select the review, a specific section and a question from within that section from cascading list lookups. When they select the question title from the list lookup, the calculated value will perform a lookup function to retrieve the further details of that question.

I appreciate the offline capabilities cannot be catered for here, but it's a pretty essential function for forms I believe and the online functionality needs to come before the offline limitations imo.

• Rhia Wieclawek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a requirement. I need to lookup specific values based on other selections and use them as variables within a calculation.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dears,

It's more than needed.
    With a list lookup control, we have to select the value (not automatically).
    We cannot proceed with any business form without displaying related data from other lists.

• Imanol Nebreda - GFI Norte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ibrahim,

I'm aware that there's a list lookup control that can be used in the nintex app form. However, the lookup inline function does not work.
    I'm trying to calculate some value depending on the value of another field and the looked up value.
    Doing it with a hidden lookup control is a workaround. However, it would be much easier and consistent if the inline lookup function would work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base