2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 100% Full Hebrew Support for Nintex Forms and RTL 20219 version

when 100% Full Hebrew Support for Nintex Forms and RTL on 2019 Version ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive Form - Panel Styling

It would be nice to have some ability to style panels on the responsive form.

I have run into issues where depending on the background color of the form the panel border is near impossible to see creating confusion on the form.

Being able to adjust the panel background color may help in this scenario as well.

I also often find the Title of the panel is missed as the standard font is easily looked over. some ability to put emphasis on the title would be welcome.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sql Request cannot be connected to a multi-line text field limiting it to only 255 characters.

I have a visitor request form and use a SQL Request Control to pull in a list of visitors. The SQL Request control is configured as a multi-select where they can pick multiple visitors for a given event. The SQL Request control will only allow me to connect to a single-line text column in the SharePoint list. Therefore the users are only able to select about 17 visitors until the form will not submit because the length of the single-line text column/field is greater than 255 characters. Please allow the SQL Request control to be able to connect to a…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Validation for attachment within repeating section

It is great that we have the attachment control within repeating section, however the validation like minimum attachments does not seem to work

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When a user clicks the Today button on the Date/Time field, close the calendar.

When the "Today" button is clicked after opening the calendar, today's date is populated in the field, but the calendar view does not suppress. Would like the calendar to disappear upon clicking the "Today" button.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hyperlink validation

I think it would be useful to have a built-in validation for hyperlink controls. Present behavior allows either addition of only the web address or only the text to display. When form is saved with only the web address entered, the value is used as the display text. When form is saved with only the text to display entered, no value is entered into the sharepoint field and it's as if nothing was done, no warning, no error. This is a universal requirement - that a hyperlink have a web address - and adding a product-level validation rule that threw…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Nintex Responsive Forms: Panels side by side

It would be great to support the ability to have Panels side by side using Responsive Forms. At the momement you can only have panels within eachother, below or above but not side by side.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Classic Forms converted into Responsive Design Forms

It would be great if there was a way to convert or import Classic Nintex Forms into the Responsive Design Form. Deleting your 'classic' form and re-creating it as a 'responsive design' form is a pain and it duplicates the time/energy put into the initial form builder. I can't justify the cost to have my team update our forms.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Ashlee.

I get this request quite a bit. At the moment we are focused on releasing Universal Forms which will replace the existing Responsive Designer. Once we have shipped Universal Forms, I hope to revisit this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

10. Option to make an sql request control read only

Currently there is no way to make an sql request control read only. We need to do this often. We pull data from our database and we don't want the person submitting the form to be able to change the data. The only way I found around this currently is to set the data type to label.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create a "Notes" Field in the version section so one can note changes for future reference.

The addition of versioning is great. However, it requires a separate set of notes to know what changed from version "x" to "x1".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Signature controls to render to an image

Currently to add a signature in the desktop version of Nintex Forms and to display the signature in a desktop form that was created from Nintex Mobile it is necessary to use javascript. It would be of great assistance to have a control (for both classic and responsive forms) where the signature can be drawn and it will get saved as an image - thus alleviating the need for js.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. List View control in Responsive Forms

It's currently not possible to do master/detail relationships in Forms.
    You can do somewhat in Classic forms using the List View control, but it doesn't auto-refresh which is much needed.
    The List View control is also not currently available in Responsive Forms.

Suggestion - add auto-refresh to List View control and include in Responsive Forms

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rules to set a field value in Classic designer

I love the addition of the responsive designer. It would be extremely helpful if the classic designer also had the ability to create rules to set a feilds value.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Dawn.

We definitely understand the value of ‘Set field value’ rules, but we do not have any plans to bring this functionality to Classic at this time.

Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, we will revisit Classic forms in the future.

Cheers,
    Euan

15. Responsive Forms - Enable borders for View Forms

Currently field items are displayed without borders and most of the formatting in view fields. These cause some values that are not filled to look very out of place and orphaned.

My suggestion is to allow the borders to display on View form but perhaps just fade the fields and remove any X to remove names from lists.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Show % of form completed for user

When filling out long forms with numerous input fields, it would be good to show the user the progress that they made ; like a Progress bar that shows how much % of the form has been filled in and how much is left.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom Form JavaScript and CSS. CSS Classes per control for (On-Premise) Nintex Responsive Forms

Being able to add custom classes to Controls and giving the option to enable Custom Javascript are shortcommings the responsive Form version now has.
    eg. Filling People Controls, Managed Metadata, Choice Fields and Lookup fields cannot be filled using Javascript now. Adding this would make the Responsive Form variant a useable candidate.
    Now, without this we cannot use this Responsive variant because we need those capabilities.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Live publishing for Nintex Responsive forms

Enable Live publishing for Nintex Responsive forms.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still in the backlog. We are focused on Universal Forms for Office 365 at the moment.

Once we ship Universal Forms for Office 365 and SharePoint, we will review our offering of Live Forms.

I will update this feature once we ship Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

19. Nintex "Site" Level Forms

I suggested this to Euan several months ago. Currently there are forms associated with a list and workflow. It would be extremely valuable to have a form that is associated with a site (kind of like a SP site page) that has access to all lists and libraries in a site. That way an entire solution could be built out using only Nintex Forms. Also posted this as an idea for O365 Forms.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Date time fields with more precision than 5 minute intervals

I manually hacked a date time control to give greater precision than 5 minute intervals. On save, it throws a correlation error.

Given that we can ONLY bind date controls to date/time fields, could you please give us an option with more precision than 5 minute intervals? This seems like a really silly limitation.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base