2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Input controls the same height: Classic forms.

Make ALL form controls the same height by default, Date inputs are shorter than dropdowns which are shorter than text inputs. Currently All (the same font) yet all different heights which looks terrible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Save and Continue" settings under the Button Settings used in a "Assign Flexi Task" Workflow Action is not available in Nintex Forms

If you are planning to use a Nintex Forms on a "Assign Flexi Task" Workflow Action and configure that Form with a "Save and Continue" Button you will find out that this setting is not there apart from the normal Nintex Forms where this feature is available.

Nintex Workflow -> "Assign Flexi Task" Workflow Action -> Edit with Nintex Forms -> "Button" Form control -> Button action = Save and Continue is not available.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forms Permission Restriction

Currently there is no way, that I'm aware of, to restrict users who have full control over their site from using Nintex forms. We would like to restrict users from using Nintex unless they have been properly trained. There should be some way to use AD accounts to allow only certain users the ability to design forms.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show only unique values with Lookups

If we could include the option to include only unique values when building a lookup control it'd be swell!

I.e. I have a list of Departments with their corresponding Group. Each Group has multiple Departments, so there are multiple lines of each Group in the list. I want to be able to show only the unique values for Group when I build a lookup!

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Restore or recover deleted Form templates from recycle bin

The ability to Restore a deleted Form from the recycle-bin.
    Forms deleted from the Nintex UI are removed completely from the system with no way to recover, except from a back-up.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Print to PDF: Introduce page margin settings

As we struggle with the same issue as described in community thread https://community.nintex.com/thread/13293-set-margin-for-print-to-pdf I would like to suggest the introduction of page margin setting capability for the print to pdf-section of the form setting page.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to bound a value that edited via Quick edit to web request control

If the web request control is not connected to ID, when the user change the list column value via Quick Edit, the new value will not able to bound into the Nintex Form due to missing ID.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Button "Save and Continue" - Possibility to switch to View Mode

Button "Save and Continue" - Please introduce an option to switch to view mode instead of edit mode. This would be great for all forms that need to be printed right away.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. ablity to add a unique ID in a calculate value on a form "not workflow"

Need a Unique ID on the face of the form before submitting the form.
    Can not find a work around.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms.

Soap request on Web Request action in Nintex forms. Currently the Forms version of the Web Request action only allows Get or POST, it would be very useful if this also allowed SOAP requests like the Workflow Web Request Action does.

I recently implemented a Solution which interacts with SAP via Web Requests and unfortunately SAP is not able to process GET or POST, which means instead of being able to load the data on the form as the user goes we have had to do this in the workflow and create an additional task for the user to review…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. SQL Request Control in task form does not populate the existing list column values

Currently the SQL Request Control is able to capture existing list column value when open in edit mode in List Item form, but in Task form it is not pre-populating the original values from the list column. This is the major drawback when we use multi-level approvals with SQL Request control.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Get Attachment Count

SP2013 & 2016.

We are very happy to have received Attachments in Repeating Sections - this is a great advancement - however, the JavaScript we were using previously is not functional in these scenarios.

We require a way - in all cases - to count the number of attachments. We may have multiple attachment controls on a form, and they may or may not be in repeating sections.

Please add this functionality as soon as possible so we can stop using JavaScript for the old forms, and so we have a way to handle Repeating Section attachments!

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Convert Responsive Form to Classic Form

I understand why converting classic into responsive is not at all feasible, however, I'd think that the opposite would be possible!

When working for clients, we will often try - whenever possible - to use Responsive. Usually with the beginnings of requirements, Responsive is feasible.

And then it hits ... "Can we ((do this thing that needs javascript))"? Can we ((do this thing that needs css))?" and we have to go and delete the entire form and recreate it in Classic.

Until responsive can do all the same things classic can, we definitely need a convert tool for it.

Thanks!

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. We need sub forms for content types

Lotus Notes Xpages and Lotus Notes forms allow you to design a "subform". This is for when you have common sections across a number of forms. Design it once then just place it on the form where needed.

Can we get such a feature in Nintex forms? I would imagine it would be used where you have content types inheriting from other content types. The parent content types should have the ability to create one or more "sub forms" that can be placed on child content types where needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Custom controls using SharePoint Framework

At the moment we can develop custom controls using SharePoint Farm Solutions.

It would be amazing if we could develop custom controls using SharePoint Framework for that, so we can use only client-side code and be aligned with SharePoint best practices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. auto expanding multi line textbox

When filling out a multi line text box, have it auto expand rather than showing scroll bars

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Validate the max size of attachment control

I suggest to have the ability to validate the max size of each attachment control.
    As many emails servers have limit of max attached size. now we go through using JavaScript and its not 100% supported in the repeating section. and not yet validating the total size

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Single Line of Text to List Lookup Functionality

Here's the scenario:

List Lookup: Project.

Now, based on that project, I want to set fields to display: Project Manager; Location; Budget.

And, more importantly, I need this to work on Nintex Mobile, and offline.

Right now, I address this by using a concatenated string of all data that my List Lookup connects to, and then I RegEx out each piece.

It works, but, it's stupid, and also it looks gross. In my list dropdown I see things like "Project: 123456; Manager: Rhia; Budget: $5,000; Location: Vancouver;" -- not a good UX.

I know I can populate a dropdown with…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Rhia.

With the new rules engine in Universal Forms, we are certainly thinking about how we could achieve this functionality.

I will update this idea when we have begun development on the List Lookup control and is integrated with the rules engine in Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

20. Ability to create Form Templates with default controls and properties that cannot be modified (e.g Footer section or company branding)

When creating new Forms, it would be nice to start with pre-baked form templates that include components we may require by governance.

Additionally, it would be nice if the canvas contained controls or branding that cannot be modified without the correct permissions. This would allow large organizations greater control over governance implementation and help the developers stay in consistent compliance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base