2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve performance by replacing SharePoint's DataFormWebPart control with a better alternative

There is an aditional load time when using a Nintex Forms List View control, because this utilizes the (slow) SharePoint DataFormWebPart control.

Please remove this dependency and replace it with a better alternative.

User experience and acceptance would improve a lot because of reduced load times for forms.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Daniel Kinal responded

Thanks. This has been passed over to the development team for review and assessment of alternatives.

2. Managed Metadata controls in Repeated Section

Currently it is not supported to place a Managed Metadata control in a Repeated Section. My client uses Managed Metadata for key business Term Sets and it would be very useful to lift restrictions around how these can be referenced in Forms.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We want to add more controls to the repeating section and this is something we are working on with Universal Forms.

In the future we should be able to support most controls in the repeating section.

I will update this feature when I can confirm this will be available in Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

3. Generating Forms Preview

When you preview a Form you need to click the Preview button in the ribbon then on the next screen select the device type and then hit generate preview. I think it would be much simpler and quicker to have a drop-down on the preview button which shows the list of device types, then you just select one and it will generate the preview.. Simpler user experience

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to have linked/unlinked controls between Web Form and Mobile App Form

By default a single control is linked between the Web Form and the Mobile App Form.

It would be good to have the option of unlinking the control (instead of deleting the control in the Mobile App Form for example and then creating a new control with different properties to the Web Form).

An example would be a textbox where I'd like enabled on the Mobile App Form, but disabled on the Web Form. I can do this manually for one control, but when it comes to 100 controls, it becomes very time consuming!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove System Generated Form Header and Footer

Remove the system generated header footer from form. See attached.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reset 'desktop' layout - but retain others.

Within the Nintex Forms designer, there is a "reset" button - but that resets ALL forms designs.

I have a scenario where I need to reset the 'DESKTOP' layout (only) - but can't. I can either reset ALL - or copy from the 'mobile' layout - and can't delete the DEFAULT layout.

Perhaps the dialog for "replace with layout" could have a "reset to auto-generated" as well ??

_layouts/15/NintexForms/CopyFromLayout.aspx

Or - the ability to delete the default layout - meaning 'reset to auto-generated' ??

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Forms to be added to a list or library programmatically

Allow Forms and workflow to be added to a list or library programmatically via API or other method

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 Click Packaging and export

Within the designer, have a button that exports the List / Library, Form and associated workflows to a solution file (WSP) which can then be added to another environment

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base