2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nintex Forms Validation Summary

Can we have a flexible form validation control. It would be nice

1. if we can have a validation control shown next to the submit button at the bottom.

2. If we can have a validation error message next to the control.

Thanks
    Sanjay

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Validation rule for Nintex Mobile templates

Implement the ability for validation rules to work in Nintex Mobile Phone/Tablet templates.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. List items in a panel

Items associated in a panel can only been seen if you select the panel. Have a view like the Rules panel to manage panels, and the items associated to them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nintex Forms 2013 - Deleted Columns Remain Active in Forms

Hi;
    I've deleted 2 required columns in SP2013 list and was surprised that they remained untouched in forms.
    Both remained Active and Required without presenting any warning message(*). Entered data was lost (makes sense).
    I could publish same form again, this time the field is not connected, but it still remained Active and Required in the form.

(*) I prefer to get a warning message that a connection was broken than disabling the form or its publishing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Display a temporary default value until clicked

I'd like to have a temporary value displayed until a user clicks a form field - like the form I'm filling out right now does. It says "Describe your idea..." until I click it, then that text disappears and I can type my value. It would be MUCH better than the floating tooltip used now.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Keith. Universal Forms now includes placeholder text and will also include default value text options when released.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. Give option for choice control of returning to last saved choice or using default choice

I have a form using a choice control to mimic a tab control. I have set a default choice to one of the tabs. I use the choice to display panels that contain sets of list properties so the user can 'page' through the item.
    When I display the item, it defaults to the tab (choice) that was in focus when the item was saved, instead of using the default choice.
    I can see a business case for that behavior, but I would like to see a feature that would allow me to select either using the default value for…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Within the managed metadata Picker display the entire path to the term in the field

Within the managed metadata field in SharePoint you can select "Display term Label in the field" or "Display the entire oath to the term in the field." The second Option does not work with the Managed Metadata Control of Nintex Forms.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Suppress Active Directory Information from People Control

Currently, if a SP 2013 list includes a Person or Group column configured to Choose From All Users, a Nintex form for the list will render the column as a People control. At run time, the People control will display the underlying user’s AD Domain and Login if you hover over it. This may be a security risk.

Can we add a Control Setting in Nintex Forms that enables us to hide the AD information (and perhaps default this setting to Yes)?

Please refer to Support Case #00067767 "RE Person Column" for additional details.

Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability predefine the chocies within the People control (e.g. to filter only the employees of a manager)

It would be great to have the ability to predefine the chocies within the People control, e.g. set the filter to the employees of a manager, so that the user can only select one or many ot these persons in the form.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Layering For Design Surface

Hello,

The concept of layering would be a very valuable thing to add to the design surface of Nintex Forms. Right now we have only the ability to "Send to Back" or "Bring to Front". The way I envision layering to work : Allow for X number of layers to be created. Then allow for the user to select which layer they currently want to work with. All controls contained within that layer are displayed, and all others are hidden.

Thanks

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Outlook 2013 App, to allow nintex forms inline

Provide a free Outlook add-on that a allows Nintex Forms / Tasks forms to be filled in and executed from within the Outlook client., including OWA.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create separate formatting and validation rules for multiple Attachment controls

Now that we have the ability to have multiple Attachment controls on a list item form, we need the ability to create different rules for each Attachment control. For example: Attachment A is always required, Attachment B is required if Named Control 1 equals a specific value, Attachment C is only visible and required if Named Control 2 equals a specific value, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Select all" - button

In some of our forms we have 20+ check boxes and then if it is applicable to all options the users have to select everyone of these options.

Will it be possible to add a control that allows for select all?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Publishing Columns support

Hi.
    Please add a support of the Publishing Image, Publishing HTML and Publishing Hyperlink columns:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/sharepoint-help/add-publishing-columns-to-content-types-lists-or-libraries-HA102898575.aspx

Thank you.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. people picker field - unique values

When you make a People picker field to unique value, there is no error message when you create the second element with the same Person. Bug.
    We Need the error message like in the Standard SharePoint Formular!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom form from external list

Would love the ability to create a Nintex form from an external list

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Deduplicate in a List/Control from items.

It is greate when gives a option to activate a deduplication from a list/controll.
    the same function is in MS Infopath.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Lars. This is currently being implemented as part of our new List Lookup control for Universal Forms.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

18. Disable certain row inside a repeating section

disable certain row in a repeating section according to a condition.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sort 'Connected to' dropdown and allow keyboard typing search

Ability for the 'Connected to' dropdown to be sorted alphabetically. Currently if I have 200 fields, it is hard to find them from the dropdown.

Also if I can start typing the field name, it should go to the first found item. Makes it quicker for development.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Daniel Kinal responded

Thanks Felix. Agree that this would be useful where the number of list columns is high.

20. Add Validation also for Time not only Date in a Date/Time Column

At the moment the validation works only on the Date Part not on the Time Part of an Date/Time Column.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base