2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to "disable" the Nintex form and revert back to SharePoint form

○ I do not want to use "Delete Form"
    ○ Page 79 of the Help Guide discusses how to revert back to the default SharePoint form that you have assigned to an individual task in a workflow - this does work
    ○ Workaround: Export the form to "Form.xml" - Use "Delete Form" to delete the Nintex form from the list (This way the Nintex form is still available to use - just use Import)

The workaround is easy to do but it would be helpful if a "Disable Form" option was available.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Submit Options/Rules

Currently in Nintex Forms, a button can save and submit, save, cancel, and execute some JavaScript. In InfoPath, on submit you can email, send to doc libraries, send via web service and more. If you were to do that with Nintex Forms, you'd need a workflow. Whereas InfoPath was a kind of "one-stop shop" and a workflow wasn't explicitly needed.

While all of these can be done via CSOM on Submit, it'd take a savvy user to make that happen. To me the beauty of Nintex is how simple and powerful it is. I'd like to see more submit options/rules…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Daniel Kinal responded

Hi Erik. Thanks for the feedback. The truth is that this is something we are unlikely to do inside Nintex Forms itself. We are keenly aware of the importance of keeping business logic (handled by Nintex Workflow) separate from presentation logic (handled by Nintex Forms). We believe that using Nintex Workflow to handle the orchestration work is far more robust and far easier to work with (particularly if the logic starts getting complex) and to maintain. Frankly, this was where maintenance of InfoPath forms became quite difficult for many customers.
    That said, your point is well taken and we are exploring ways to make Nintex Forms and Nintex Workflow more tightly integrated so that it would be far more straightforward to achieve the results that you are looking for while allowing us to continue to work within the strengths of both products. I hope you’ll be happy with the results…

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base