2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save, 'email a link' and continue Feature

With the new features coming in forms of save and continue (which is awesome). Can an option be added so if an end users decides to save the form, an email with a link is sent to the initiator so it is easier to get back to the exact list item.

This will be especially useful if someone take days (or weeks) to complete the form, and their item in the list is then buried down within the list itself so hard for a user to find.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide Edit Item Button

Would like to have a capability to Hide Edit Item Button for certain SharePoint groups irrespective of the access level they have. Sometimes we may need the users have access to SharePoint List with contribute level to run the workflows and update items but would be great if we can prevent them from editing the item manually.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Attachment Rename If Image

Create an option to rename image attachments. For example, if someone attaches multiple images to a form, rename them "Attachment1", "Attachment2", etc.

This would make it easier to view when attached at the end of a PDF than the file name. This is especially important for mobile attachments as you cannot edit the file name.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Push Out Form Updates to Multiple Sites

We have multiple sub sites that use the same form. I would like to be able to keep a master form template and push out changes to any of the sub sites. This could also be useful for workflows as well. I understand that the columns would need to be the same for all sub sites, but if I make a small change to the template it would be nice to push it out to all sub sites.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. XML Encoding

When using the export form function when designing a form, the resultant XML is encoded in UTF-16LE, however the encoding attribute of the <xml> tag in the document is UTF-16.

This doesn't effect the import function in the forms designer, however when using the REST service (/vtibin/NintexWorkflow/NfRestService.svc/publishForm) from a PowerShell script to automate publishing a form this throws an error: "Exception calling "XmlToObject" with "1" argument(s): "An XML declaration is required for all non-UTF8 documents."

Would be good to have the encoding of the xml file match the declaration of the file itself.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give option for choice control of returning to last saved choice or using default choice

I have a form using a choice control to mimic a tab control. I have set a default choice to one of the tabs. I use the choice to display panels that contain sets of list properties so the user can 'page' through the item.
    When I display the item, it defaults to the tab (choice) that was in focus when the item was saved, instead of using the default choice.
    I can see a business case for that behavior, but I would like to see a feature that would allow me to select either using the default value for…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Deduplicate in a List/Control from items.

It is greate when gives a option to activate a deduplication from a list/controll.
    the same function is in MS Infopath.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Lars. This is currently being implemented as part of our new List Lookup control for Universal Forms.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

8. Allow Forms to be added to a list or library programmatically

Allow Forms and workflow to be added to a list or library programmatically via API or other method

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base