2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. auto expanding multi line textbox

When filling out a multi line text box, have it auto expand rather than showing scroll bars

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  Euan Gamble responded

I am pleased to announce this feature will be included in the new Universal Forms in the future.

2. Wizard style forms (Multi-page forms)

For large forms we need an easy way to fill in sections of a form before proceeding to the next section. This should allow some form of validation before proceeding to the next step. Almost similar to how this can be achieved in infopath with different views. I know this is achievable with tons of javascript, but customers do not want to maintain such a javascript heavy form. Asking for a simpler way of doing this.

314 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This feature has been included into Universal Forms for SharePoint and Office 365.

Once we have shipped Universal Forms for SharePoint, I will update this feature.

3. String Format

Please allow "masks" to be applied to textboxes and other controls, so when a user is entering a value it can be displayed in formats such as currency, or comma separated values. Be sure to implement this as a mask so that what is displayed is different than the actual stored value. This will make it much easier for users entering large numbers. I've had this requested by some customers already.

PS: Calculated fields are nice for display, but not when entering text.

121 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

String format and masks have been included into Universal Forms. You can define your own custom mask into the text box and will be including currency control into Universal Forms in the future.

Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, I will update this feature.

Cheers,
    Euan

4. Display a temporary default value until clicked

I'd like to have a temporary value displayed until a user clicks a form field - like the form I'm filling out right now does. It says "Describe your idea..." until I click it, then that text disappears and I can type my value. It would be MUCH better than the floating tooltip used now.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Keith. Universal Forms now includes placeholder text and will also include default value text options when released.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base