2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature Request: Default Value for List Lookup control

The Nintex forms controls of Single Line Textbox, Multi Line Textbox, People, and Choice both allow for a Default value.

However, I do not see that option for a List Lookup control. It would be extremely helpful to be able to pre-select items in our list lookup.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. JS RegisterRepeaterRowAdded : Have dedicated function

Have the possibility to have dedicated JS event functions.
    At the moment if you have several repeating sections, you need to check globally which control sent the event :

NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterRepeaterRowAdded(function () {

var currRow = NWF$(arguments[0][0]);

if (currRow.parents(".rptA").length > 0) { ... }
    else if (currRow.parents(".rptB").length > 0) { ... }
    else if (currRow.parents(".rptC").length > 0) { ... }
    else { ... }

});

When you want to add a new row in all repeating sections, you have a cascading effect since the function will be triggered for each repeating section.
    With 4 repeating sections, you have 16 executions to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Move the "Delete form" button far away from other popular buttons such as "Close".

I truly believe that the delete form button should be either moved far away from other common buttons or have further steps added to complete the deletion such as "Fill out the following word to confirm delete"; especially considering there is little to no way to bring back a deleted form.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Calculated Value controls should support saving to a multiple lines of text column

This control should support the ability to save to a multiple lines of text column. Currently it is able to lookup text with the lookup() function from a multiple lines of text column. It ought to be able to save to such a column as well.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. List Lookup control should support the Multiple lines of text sharepoint column type

Because of how I designed 2 forms over 2/3 of a year ago, I need to spend extra time to perform a certain request for a client. I currently need to update 5 different choice controls with information that already exists in another list.

What leads to the issue described in the topic is that in my research to move this information out of choice controls and into a list lookup required me to set the column types to single line of text. Now, the list lookup control does support this, however one of the columns allows multiple selections, and…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Control to mark the end of the form, anything past will not print

There ought to be a control that when placed on the form will mark the end of the printable version of the form. This way you can hide any buttons or other controls from being printed if they are below this control on the form.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Convert Responsive Form to Classic Form

I understand why converting classic into responsive is not at all feasible, however, I'd think that the opposite would be possible!

When working for clients, we will often try - whenever possible - to use Responsive. Usually with the beginnings of requirements, Responsive is feasible.

And then it hits ... "Can we ((do this thing that needs javascript))"? Can we ((do this thing that needs css))?" and we have to go and delete the entire form and recreate it in Classic.

Until responsive can do all the same things classic can, we definitely need a convert tool for it.

Thanks!

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 100% Full Hebrew Support for Nintex Forms and RTL 20219 version

when 100% Full Hebrew Support for Nintex Forms and RTL on 2019 Version ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Responsive Form - Panel Styling

It would be nice to have some ability to style panels on the responsive form.

I have run into issues where depending on the background color of the form the panel border is near impossible to see creating confusion on the form.

Being able to adjust the panel background color may help in this scenario as well.

I also often find the Title of the panel is missed as the standard font is easily looked over. some ability to put emphasis on the title would be welcome.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. hyperlink validation

I think it would be useful to have a built-in validation for hyperlink controls. Present behavior allows either addition of only the web address or only the text to display. When form is saved with only the web address entered, the value is used as the display text. When form is saved with only the text to display entered, no value is entered into the sharepoint field and it's as if nothing was done, no warning, no error. This is a universal requirement - that a hyperlink have a web address - and adding a product-level validation rule that threw…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Classic Forms converted into Responsive Design Forms

It would be great if there was a way to convert or import Classic Nintex Forms into the Responsive Design Form. Deleting your 'classic' form and re-creating it as a 'responsive design' form is a pain and it duplicates the time/energy put into the initial form builder. I can't justify the cost to have my team update our forms.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Ashlee.

I get this request quite a bit. At the moment we are focused on releasing Universal Forms which will replace the existing Responsive Designer. Once we have shipped Universal Forms, I hope to revisit this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

12. Create a "Notes" Field in the version section so one can note changes for future reference.

The addition of versioning is great. However, it requires a separate set of notes to know what changed from version "x" to "x1".

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rules to set a field value in Classic designer

I love the addition of the responsive designer. It would be extremely helpful if the classic designer also had the ability to create rules to set a feilds value.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Dawn.

We definitely understand the value of ‘Set field value’ rules, but we do not have any plans to bring this functionality to Classic at this time.

Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, we will revisit Classic forms in the future.

Cheers,
    Euan

14. Introduce a 'Rules Inspector'

It would be great to have some kind of tool that acts as "Rules Inspector" listing detailed info about:
    - unused rules
    - duplicated rules
    - rules using deleted or non-existing controls
    - rules per control
    The output should be in a new browser tab & printable.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Susan. Hopefully our new Rules Engine in Universal Forms will make your for development much simpler in the future and address some of these issues.

Once we have released Universal Forms for SharePoint, I will update this feature. It will be good to get your feedback once it is released and review this feature request.

Cheers,
    Euan

15. Offline form builder

It would be fantastic to have a dedicated app to build Nintex forms in rather than being forced to do it via the browser.

I understand that a lot of the functionality requires online access (lookups and columns etc), but the ability to build in a dedicated app and then publishing that to SharePoint would be a great addition.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Publish a Nintex Forms from the Save a Site as a template

When creating a new site from a saving a site as template that includes a content from a Site that has a published Nintex Forms, this new site will not have the Forms published. The user needs to Publish the Form manually.

This unpublished Forms only occurs with condition below:
    - The list or library has other custom content type
    - From the list setting page, the custom content type has been made as Position from Top as No 1 and the default content type of the list (Item) as No2. This can be done by click "Change new button…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Custom theme options for each element in responsive forms.

The ability to set custom styles and themes for specific items in the responsive forms.

For example.

I have added 2 buttons, I want one to show as blue and the other as red. This is currently not possible with the out of box theme designer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Jake. We are currently building our new version of Responsive Forms and reconsidering how the style builder works.

We may reach out to you in the future for your feedback.

18. colored responsive controls

With the September 2017 update, Nintex on-premises responsive forms are coming. After some hours testing it, I miss a lot of "old" features, like the possibility to join a CSS style to a control. With responsive forms, we completely lost the ability to change the color of a label text, or the background color in a panel.

New controls are really cool, but it would be even better if we could personalize them a little bit more! If, for some reason, custom css styles are forbidden, there's a way to let user set up some basic parameters in each control…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently doing research into improving the style builder for Universal Forms.

This feedback will be considered in our next iteration of the style builder.

Cheers,
    Euan

19. Make where you write functions an actual code editor

It is very frustrating writing anything other than a basic formula in Nintex forms for several reasons. The biggest frustration though is that there is no validation. Even Microsoft Excel gives you and indication that your formula is invalid. Also marking closing and opening brackets and parenthesis would be a huge help. It seems like it would be a simple task to implement this and a huge win for users.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Title calculation on responsive forms

With the great September 2017 update, we have now the Responsive foms. This is great, but a lot of flexibility is lost on this process.

One of the first things I missed is the possibility to build a control label dinamically (for multi-language forms, for instance). In normal forms, you can set a label, then calculate its value dinamically with a formula. In responsive forms you only can set a fixed value. It would be great (saving a lot of headaches) to have the possibility to get the control title from a formula.

If this is complicated, it should be…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base