How can we improve Nintex Forms?

Filtering Options

Currently, a filter on a list lookup does not work when used against a calculated field.

There are a lot of instances where this comes in useful. For example, if I have a cascading list lookup scenario, I could then from the first drop down list select a value and have a calculated field then use the "lookup" function to hold the text value ---- when this text value is retrieved, then my second dropdown can be filtered based on this text value.

*ALSO* Please be sure to fix "Filtering" within repeating sections. It does not work at all within repeating sections at this point.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Prafull Ghatole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am facing the same issue..lets say I have List which has column A,B & C. I am getting column A value in first drop down and column B value in second drop down. I have calculated field where I want value of C column based on selection of column A and B. There is no option in lookup formula to query using 2 values using AND or OR operator.

• sparks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option 1:
    I had used this External Data list and bind to List Control using Expression and View (ensure row limit display full).
    It displays drop down values but in drop down thier is strange. value =0 for all rows
    <option value=0>Please select a value</option>
    <option value=0>Option1</option>
    <option value=0>Option2</option>

This is nintex limitation and i am struck moving ahead to just assign ID to external list.

when i save form this doesn't save data to column. as value is zero!
    https://community.nintex.com/thread/11001

Option 2:
    This also doesnt work "Display Format" choice of "Drop down list" found in the "External Data Column" control.
    https://community.nintex.com/thread/1702

• MBayoumi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was posted almost two years ago and still isn't available. I am trying to filter a list based on two criteria chosen by the user in drop down boxes. I have created a helper column in the list which concatenates the two fields. I have created a calculated value which concatenated the two values chosen by the user. When i set the list lookup to filter based on the calculated value, nothing appears in the list.

• Mike M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also what would be really nice is if you could filter on more than just one field using logical AND and/or OR syntax (conditionals)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same scenario that's been driving me crazy. I have a calculated control that is using the lookup() function to return a value. I want to take that value and filter other lookup controls and it has not been working. Is there a workaround or a plan to fix this issue?

• Rik B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update that can be given about Filtering within repeating sections?

• Ruediger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    I ran into the same issue.
    Scenario:
    List LookUp on Serial numbers retriving an account number from the list and dispalcs it in a claculated control named "Account"
    Other calculated controls receive their data from another list called "Accounts" using the looup function in each control to read field values from this account list using the calculated "Account" control as "Filter". This works fine but when I want to use this calculated "Account" control in another List lookup called "Contact persons" to retrieve all records from a contact persons list setting the filter to
    ==> By control's value
    ==> Where field "Account Number"
    ==> Filtered by Control "Account_JS" (which is the JS variable set in the calculated Account contorl [ Store Client ID in Javascript variable: YES])

When I use this the Contact person list showns no entries.
    Is there a solution to get this solved?

I've ran into this quite a bit where this would be useful: lets say for example you have a calculated field that is the combination of two fields, First name and Last name, we should be able to use a Filter on the calculated field to look something up based on the full name value sitting there. This is just a generic example to illustrate the concept, rather than a specific use case.

Scenario:

Nintex Form with a List Lookup Control called "Customer Number"

Based on customer number I have a calculated control that uses the "Lookup" runtime function to retrieve a value.

Now - based on that calculated control, I have a third control, "Invoice Number" that is a Lookup control that filters based on the calculated control.

Right now, Filters on Listlookup controls do not work when dealing with Calculated field controls.

Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base