2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use a calculated default value in a single line text box

In order to get the current user name I can use a calculated value field [userProfileLookup(Current User, "PreferredName")] )or the people picker [current user])

I would like to have the same functionality as within the calculated value field within a single line of text as this would be editable for the user.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  TJ Ramadoss responded

This functionality can now be achieved using ‘Set Field Value’ rule in Responsive forms.

2. 100% Full Hebrew Support for Nintex Forms and RTL

Could we please have full RTL in Hebrew for NIntex Forms just like we have for Nintex Workflow, i have some customers who would love to have this . At the moment forms is partially RTL

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Nintex Form Rules to set the value of controls

I'd like to be able to use Nintex Form Rules to set the value of a control or list item without needing Javascript. For instance, if my user selects a particular checkbox or selects a specific choice from one list, I'd like to set the value of other checkboxes (choice or yes/no fields), radio buttons (choice or yes/no fields), or enter a particular string into a single or multiple line text box.

I'd like it to function much like an IF statement in Microsoft Excel, where if a particular control equals a certain value, the value of other controls and…

514 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am pleased to announce that with the September release of Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2013 and 2016, Set Field Value is now a new rule type in the responsive designer. This will allow you to set the value of the Single line of text control.

If you would like to see the rule set other fields, please submit a new idea.

4. Required fields should not be validated when hidden

When a field is marked as required on the form but hidden by a rule, the form will fail validation. This makes it impossible to make any dynamically hidden field required.

Fields required by the underlying list should always break validation when empty but those marked as required on the form only should not break it when they are hidden.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have recently adjusted the behavior of hidden controls will no longer validate if they are not connected to a SharePoint column.

This should address the issue if you are building tabbed forms using ‘Render as button’.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. Saving without closing a form

For a large form clients want a way to "save along the way". For a large form right now saving on a large form means that after a save the form will close and they will have to reopen it to continue working on it. This is too limiting. They want to be able to save and the form stays open.

506 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    78 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Nesting Panels

It is an absolute nightmare to nest panels within panels. The problem being that nested elements seem to be very fragile and that a small update can un-nest a nested panel and it's near impossible to re-nest the panel. Often this is because you can't resize the parent panel, or you can't re-add the child to the parent for no apparent reason. What this often leaves me, and I'm sure other users with, is that they have to rebuild the panel from scratch. It would be much faster to have a tree view like pane where I can say "panels…

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am pleased to announce that with the September release of Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2013 and 2016, the new responsive designer is now available.

With this update, placing panels within panels and placing controls is now much easier.

7. Document Sets support (New/edit Document set)

Need to have forms available for document sets the same as documents in libraries. We have a major project that will involve document sets and we want a consistent experience.

475 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    54 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop the submit of form by using the “Enter” key press from keyboard

Users tend to submit the form sometime by hitting the "Enter" key from keyboard. This makes sometime submit the form without fill-out some information(as users generally use tab for this). It is good if we stop the users to submit the form by hitting from keyboard rather than the submission only going to happen using the mouse.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Configurable limit on the List Lookup control

Currently, it looks like there is a limit of 500 items that a List Lookup control can display. It would be great if it were a configurable setting in the control so that if needed, it can be increased.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use URL parameters to fill fields on a form

It would be nice to be able to fill field values on a form based on parameters set in the URL. For example, if there is an intake form that could have different potential default values based on the person/group filling out the form, a link can be created with the default values embedded.

e.g. Marketing - http://my-site.sp.com/mylist/myform?fldstaticname1=marketingvalue1&fldstaticname2=marketingvalue2

Finance - http://my-site.sp.com/mylist/myform?fldstaticname1=financevalue1&fldstaticname2=financevalue2

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bootstrap

Can you make your controls more of a bootstrap version or can we have bootstrap controls ?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Applying the CSS style nf-form-input to the date control renders it unusable.

The date control becomes unusable with a mouse if you apply the CSS class "nf-form-input" to it. You cannot click to enter the textbox or use the calendar control. You can tab into the textbox after clicking on other controls on the page but the calendar control doesn't work this way either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hijri date support in Nintex Forms

Hijri date (a calendar that is used by most of the Middle East) is not supported now in Nintex Forms.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. RTL Support

Right-to-left Support in Nintex Forms

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Advanced redirection on submit or cancel

Posibility of using ItemID and Corelation ID in Redirect URL and Calculated field too. This allows redirecting to edit/display form of item after item is created. (for edit form is this functionality available).

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am pleased to announce we have just released the latest version of Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2013 and 2016 that includes a new button action called ’Button redirect’.

Each button now has a redirect property allowing you to set a redirect and utilise Nintex functions.

16. Allow rich text fields in repeating section

Our customers needs the ability to paste hyperlinks and make them clickable. Without rich text ability in repeating section, they simply can't achieve such objective.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Print to pdf can't work well

Please help me, I use the Nintex forms to create a form, then publish the form. Also, i want want to use the "Print to PDF" to save the form as PDF format. But it can't work well. So, please give me a suggestion. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Forms Versions Management

Have the chance to manage version for rollbacking to previous published versions, just like workflows

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow displaying the control title within the control itself.

Always separating form labels from the controls is too inflexible. Sometimes I need to just display the title of the control without a separate form label.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am pleased to announce that with the September release of Nintex Forms for SharePoint 2013 and 2016, which includes the responsive designer. This new designer includes a title and a description with each control so you no longer need additional labels.

20. Bug fix for Runtime Functions in Nintex Forms - must include "fn-" (SPOnline)

This problem is happening in SPOnline - do not know whether the on-prem version has the same problem...

On Forms, when I’m in the Formula Builder, setting conditions in a Formatting rule for a control, the “Runtime Functions” selector writes out function names incorrectly. If you double-click a function there to insert it into your formula, you get just the function name (and the parens and params), when what you actually need is the function name preceded by “fn-“.

I banged my head against the wall for two hours trying many ways to get “isNullOrEmpty(field)” to work, because that’s what…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base