2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow checkboxes or alternate UI options for Managed Metadata Columns

Allow checkboxes or alternate UI options for selecting Managed Metadata Column data in form control. The stock SharePoint TreeView interface is not user friendly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Responsive Column Number

Notice that with responsive forms design on-premise for SharePoint that we can only have 4 columns. Can we get the same increase for amount of columns you can have to match responsive form design in workflow cloud.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Kevin. We are working on bringing the forms engine from Nintex Workflow Cloud to SharePoint in the future. That will bring all the changes (including column increase) to SharePoint when released.

3. auto expanding multi line textbox

When filling out a multi line text box, have it auto expand rather than showing scroll bars

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "in-the-box" solution for signatures on responsive forms?

Any way of implementing this in the responsive form (the code by Wisam Fawzi or equivalent) as a "in-the-box" solution for signatures on responsive forms?

ie.https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2016/02/26/extending-nintex-mobile-signature-control-to-desktopbrowser

We need an in-house solution for putting signatures on forms without resorting to Adobe Sign. We also wish to put Javascript in responsive forms (for things like signatures and embedding pictures in mobile forms). Have looked through forums and found various posts regarding the issue and do not wish to go back to back to the classic design.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Steven, we have developed a web based signature control that will be included in Universal Forms. This will allow you to sign on either web or mobile and use the file object (not base64 string) as an image into docgen.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. colored responsive controls

With the September 2017 update, Nintex on-premises responsive forms are coming. After some hours testing it, I miss a lot of "old" features, like the possibility to join a CSS style to a control. With responsive forms, we completely lost the ability to change the color of a label text, or the background color in a panel.

New controls are really cool, but it would be even better if we could personalize them a little bit more! If, for some reason, custom css styles are forbidden, there's a way to let user set up some basic parameters in each control…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently doing research into improving the style builder for Universal Forms.

This feedback will be considered in our next iteration of the style builder.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. List Item Attachment for Task Forms

I like the idea of having Task Form per task ( Request Data , Request REview ..etc) and the assigned user can update the parent list as list columns are available in the task form except for Attachments.

Please add the ability to add/update attachments of the list item from tasks form.

375 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently building the functionality to see List Item attachments in Task Forms for New Responsive Forms for Office365.

This functionality will also be included in the New Responsive Forms for SharePoint when it is released.

Cheers,
    Euan

7. Wizard style forms (Multi-page forms)

For large forms we need an easy way to fill in sections of a form before proceeding to the next section. This should allow some form of validation before proceeding to the next step. Almost similar to how this can be achieved in infopath with different views. I know this is achievable with tons of javascript, but customers do not want to maintain such a javascript heavy form. Asking for a simpler way of doing this.

306 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. String Format

Please allow "masks" to be applied to textboxes and other controls, so when a user is entering a value it can be displayed in formats such as currency, or comma separated values. Be sure to implement this as a mask so that what is displayed is different than the actual stored value. This will make it much easier for users entering large numbers. I've had this requested by some customers already.

PS: Calculated fields are nice for display, but not when entering text.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

String format and masks have been included into Universal Forms. You can define your own custom mask into the text box and will be including currency control into Universal Forms in the future.

Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, I will update this feature.

Cheers,
    Euan

9. Action Rules

Add "Action Rules" functionality. This is available in Infopath. It comes in very handy and would get quite a bit of use, I think. An example is the ability to set a date field to the current date if another field is set to a certain value. This is highly appreciated in the Infopath forms I have done in the past.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Keith. Our new Universal Forms rules engine works exactly as you described.

We have three stages where rules can execute, On Form Load; On Form Input; On Form Submit. Within those groups, you can then also define AND/OR logic within each rule and change any property of any control on the form.

I will update this feature when we get close to the relese of Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

10. formula checker

It's be nice , at the moment that you are designing/configuring a formula, to have a kind of formula checker so as to verify formula sintax.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Fernando.

We have incorporated this feedback into our latest formula builder in Universal Forms.

I will update this feature when we get closer to release of Universal Forms for SharePoint.

11. Display a temporary default value until clicked

I'd like to have a temporary value displayed until a user clicks a form field - like the form I'm filling out right now does. It says "Describe your idea..." until I click it, then that text disappears and I can type my value. It would be MUCH better than the floating tooltip used now.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Keith. Universal Forms now includes placeholder text and will also include default value text options when released.

Cheers,
    Euan

12. Outlook 2013 App, to allow nintex forms inline

Provide a free Outlook add-on that a allows Nintex Forms / Tasks forms to be filled in and executed from within the Outlook client., including OWA.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Deduplicate in a List/Control from items.

It is greate when gives a option to activate a deduplication from a list/controll.
    the same function is in MS Infopath.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Lars. This is currently being implemented as part of our new List Lookup control for Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

14. Ability to have linked/unlinked controls between Web Form and Mobile App Form

By default a single control is linked between the Web Form and the Mobile App Form.

It would be good to have the option of unlinking the control (instead of deleting the control in the Mobile App Form for example and then creating a new control with different properties to the Web Form).

An example would be a textbox where I'd like enabled on the Mobile App Form, but disabled on the Web Form. I can do this manually for one control, but when it comes to 100 controls, it becomes very time consuming!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base