2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Location column to support in Nintex forms

Since SharePoint Online has introduced a new column called Location, great if we could utilise this in connecting to Geolocation control with the SharePoint Location column

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show only unique values with Lookups

If we could include the option to include only unique values when building a lookup control it'd be swell!

I.e. I have a list of Departments with their corresponding Group. Each Group has multiple Departments, so there are multiple lines of each Group in the list. I want to be able to show only the unique values for Group when I build a lookup!

227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Single Line of Text to List Lookup Functionality

Here's the scenario:

List Lookup: Project.

Now, based on that project, I want to set fields to display: Project Manager; Location; Budget.

And, more importantly, I need this to work on Nintex Mobile, and offline.

Right now, I address this by using a concatenated string of all data that my List Lookup connects to, and then I RegEx out each piece.

It works, but, it's stupid, and also it looks gross. In my list dropdown I see things like "Project: 123456; Manager: Rhia; Budget: $5,000; Location: Vancouver;" -- not a good UX.

I know I can populate a dropdown with…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Rhia.

With the new rules engine in Universal Forms, we are certainly thinking about how we could achieve this functionality.

I will update this idea when we have begun development on the List Lookup control and is integrated with the rules engine in Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

4. Classic Forms converted into Responsive Design Forms

It would be great if there was a way to convert or import Classic Nintex Forms into the Responsive Design Form. Deleting your 'classic' form and re-creating it as a 'responsive design' form is a pain and it duplicates the time/energy put into the initial form builder. I can't justify the cost to have my team update our forms.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Ashlee.

I get this request quite a bit. At the moment we are focused on releasing Universal Forms which will replace the existing Responsive Designer. Once we have shipped Universal Forms, I hope to revisit this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. Rules to set a field value in Classic designer

I love the addition of the responsive designer. It would be extremely helpful if the classic designer also had the ability to create rules to set a feilds value.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Dawn.

We definitely understand the value of ‘Set field value’ rules, but we do not have any plans to bring this functionality to Classic at this time.

Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, we will revisit Classic forms in the future.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. Enable Live publishing for Nintex Responsive forms

Enable Live publishing for Nintex Responsive forms.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is still in the backlog. We are focused on Universal Forms for Office 365 at the moment.

Once we ship Universal Forms for Office 365 and SharePoint, we will review our offering of Live Forms.

I will update this feature once we ship Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

7. Introduce a 'Rules Inspector'

It would be great to have some kind of tool that acts as "Rules Inspector" listing detailed info about:
    - unused rules
    - duplicated rules
    - rules using deleted or non-existing controls
    - rules per control
    The output should be in a new browser tab & printable.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Susan. Hopefully our new Rules Engine in Universal Forms will make your for development much simpler in the future and address some of these issues.

Once we have released Universal Forms for SharePoint, I will update this feature. It will be good to get your feedback once it is released and review this feature request.

Cheers,
    Euan

8. Online payments on Nintex form

We need an integration point on the forms to be able to accept online payments, paypal, CC...etc.
    It has been requested by multiple organizations to process payments through a secure gateway within the Nintex form for External and internal users. It would be to have this available on internal and external facing (LIVE) forms as well. It was mainly requested for Nintex on-prem 2016. But it would be great to have it also available on other versions, 2010, 2013 and office 365.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. print to pdf action as independent button

Currently "print to pdf" button is only in Ribbon.
    A lot of times users asked to hide Ribbon, but have a button "print to pdf" in any other side of the form.
    It should be great to be able to have the same functionality in a regular button, like, save, save and submit, cancel... selecting it on "button type property" (please, have a look to the attached file).

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. We are currently reviewing the button action and also how print works within NIntex Forms as we build Universal Forms.

I expect we will include a new button action for print in the future. I will review this feature again when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

10. Cascading Dropdown - Set Default Value if only one option available

When you use the technique for cascading drop down controls if the second control only has 1 value available set this as the default display value within the control.

Users shouldn't have to open up the second control to select the value.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. By default Multi Language support

Currently, if you want to build a multi language form, you must replace labels by "Calculate fields", then use a lookup function to get the correct value into a SharePoint Translation List.

This method is only acceptable if you have a small quantity of field on your form, due each calculate field means a request to the list, so 200 labels means 200 request to the list --> PERFORMANCE HUGE ISSUE.

The other way is building some JavaScript, but it means to add a lot of code lines in our forms (minimum one line par language-label).

It would be great…

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion.

We have been exploring this as an idea and something we would like to do in the future for Universal Forms.

Our current priority is to replace the existing Responsive Forms designer and have the same functionality migrated. Once this is done, we may revisit this idea.

If we have movement on this, I will update this idea.

Cheers,
    Euan

12. Upload image directly to library from Image Control

When using images in the forms design, having the ability to upload the image within the design experience rather than having to upload the images into a library prior .. And being able to browse for existing images would make designing much easier.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Preview an Attachment in the form

The Page viewer should have the capability to dynamically get the URL of the attachment and show it on the form. So that its easy for the end user to cross check while uploading and also for the secondary user to view it and Print.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to Start a workflow whilst Form is still open

It would be great to be able to get a workflow to start whilst the form is still open and the form remains open.

This would allow us to create complicated queries in the workflow that can be posted back to the user in real-time as opposed to them having to close the form and re-open. Whilst I appreciate that the time taken for a workflow to run can affect the user experience, being able to place a "spinning donut" styte wait control would help this, and then in the workflow you could have some sort of "Post back to…

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multi-select Drop Down

It would be awesome to have the ability to do do multi-selects on a choice control that was being displayed as a drop down menu with the ability to check off the selected items (place small check boxes next to each item). I know that other multi-select options are available, but sometimes a drop down is required which currently lacks the multi-select ability.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Copy and Paste across different Nintex Forms

It's great that Nintex Forms allows you to copy and paste controls within a form but sometimes I need to copy one or more controls from one form to another. I don't want to export and then import the whole form, that's too much work. I just need to copy a few controls between forms. I guess I'm asking for something like Workflow snippets to be enabled for Forms.

Thanks,
    Bruce

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Designer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. print

The Printing Functionality request which had 490 votes was closed by Nintex after the ability to Print was granted to the Enterprise version of Nintex Forms. Since many of those votes were from Nintex Standard users, I am creating a new item to request for the ability to print forms from Nintex Forms Standard. Please vote here to get your request back on the board.

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Victor.

As we are currently working on Universal Forms, we are revisiting our Print functionality and looking for user feedback to understanding your requirements.

If anyone would like to participate in a feedback session around printing Nintex Forms, please let me know in the comments below.

Cheers,
    Euan

18. Allow customization of delegation form

Whenever a task recipient delegates a form, he does so using a default form at DelegateTask.aspx. It would be nice to update that form to look more similar to the customized form design in Nintex forms.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Open for voting  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Track Changes in Nintex Forms

Hello,

Can we please add track changes ability in Nintex forms (just like Microsoft word)? That way it is easy to review and approve changes. I know we can currently look at version history but that does not help the end user. Please add this feature, it will be very useful for approving documentation.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Settings and Administration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to create a nintex form when using the event content type

We would like to create a nintex form to create calendar entries. The reason for this is that we have added extra fields to the list that we wish to hide and show using rules based on selections made in the form. Currently we can't do this as the event content type is not compatible with nintex forms.

204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. The Event content type is a bit more complex than a standard List content type due to the ‘All day event’, and the ‘Recurrence’ options.

Both of these features include specific logic to show more options within the control itself and would only be used within this content type. Therefore, is a reasonable amount of effort for this content type.

We may be able to include this feature into the product without ‘All day event’ and the ‘Recurrence’ options, but feel this would be an incomplete offering.

Cheers,
    Euan

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base