2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wizard style forms (Multi-page forms)

For large forms we need an easy way to fill in sections of a form before proceeding to the next section. This should allow some form of validation before proceeding to the next step. Almost similar to how this can be achieved in infopath with different views. I know this is achievable with tons of javascript, but customers do not want to maintain such a javascript heavy form. Asking for a simpler way of doing this.

317 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    18 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please provide the Tab order functionality. Its highly desireable in bigger forms.

Is there a way I can set the tab order in the Nintex form.

I’ve a form with multiple panels, and in each panel if I want to set the tab order, then how do I do that?

For example, in this form if I want that the tab index focus should be on salutation on the form load and then when the user press “tab” key it should be on First name, then Family name then primary phone and then should go to email and so on.

Please suggest some way to do that.

NO.. because there is no…

249 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Saurabh. We hear the request for tab ordering from time to time and will put this request in the backlog.

As we are focused on Universal Forms, I dont expect this to be delivered in the medium term but will consider this for Universal Forms.

3. Nintex Form List Form Webpart allow Webpart Connections

Allows the Nintex Form List Form Webpart to allow Webpart connections. The primary need is to allow a querystring filter webpart to provide the parameter value for the ID of the item to display in the Form webpart when in edit mode. Other possible parameters could be list name and site name.

141 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. print

The Printing Functionality request which had 490 votes was closed by Nintex after the ability to Print was granted to the Enterprise version of Nintex Forms. Since many of those votes were from Nintex Standard users, I am creating a new item to request for the ability to print forms from Nintex Forms Standard. Please vote here to get your request back on the board.

134 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Victor.

As we are currently working on Universal Forms, we are revisiting our Print functionality and looking for user feedback to understanding your requirements.

If anyone would like to participate in a feedback session around printing Nintex Forms, please let me know in the comments below.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. String Format

Please allow "masks" to be applied to textboxes and other controls, so when a user is entering a value it can be displayed in formats such as currency, or comma separated values. Be sure to implement this as a mask so that what is displayed is different than the actual stored value. This will make it much easier for users entering large numbers. I've had this requested by some customers already.

PS: Calculated fields are nice for display, but not when entering text.

121 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

String format and masks have been included into Universal Forms. You can define your own custom mask into the text box and will be including currency control into Universal Forms in the future.

Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, I will update this feature.

Cheers,
    Euan

6. Customise the location of error messages

Ability for the designer to choose where to play error messages instead of always up at the top of the form.

For example, an error message for a required field, can be placed next to the field, or underneath the field, or a pop-up box alerting the user of the error.

97 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

At this stage we have no plans to change the validation message location for Classic Forms. We recommend you look at Responsive Forms if you users prefer the validaiton message below the field.

Once we have shipped Universal Forms for SharePoint, we will revisit the Classic experience.

Cheers,
    Euan

7. Be able to Start a workflow whilst Form is still open

It would be great to be able to get a workflow to start whilst the form is still open and the form remains open.

This would allow us to create complicated queries in the workflow that can be posted back to the user in real-time as opposed to them having to close the form and re-open. Whilst I appreciate that the time taken for a workflow to run can affect the user experience, being able to place a "spinning donut" styte wait control would help this, and then in the workflow you could have some sort of "Post back to…

94 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Nintex Live List lookups

Nintex Live List lookups

I need the possibility to lookup Information in different SharePoint lists on forms published to Nintex live.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Raphael.

This is a complex request as it would require caching (potentially) large amounts of information into the cloud. Once we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint, we will be revisiting our strategy around Live/External Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

9. List View improve "Add New Item" for parent-child forms

If the control "List View" is added to a form, the control has an "Add New Item" link at the bottom. This goes to the New Item form for the list in question. I would like to use this for creating Child records. For example, if the List View control is on an Invoice Header record, I would like "Add new Item" to add a new Invoice Line Item. The link goes to the Invoice Line Item list but it does not set the InvoiceID field in the Invoice Line Item to the correct value automatically. My clients want the…

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Sheila.

Parent/child relationships between form and another list is something we see from time to time. This is something we will explore when we rebuild the List View control for Universal Forms.

I will update this idea when we begin development on this feature.

Cheers,
    Euan

10. Paste multiple users in People picker

It would be very useful to be able to paste several users in Nintex Forms people picker (if users are copied from Outlook, for example).

https://community.nintex.com/thread/2788

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. auto expanding multi line textbox

When filling out a multi line text box, have it auto expand rather than showing scroll bars

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Min Date and Max Date for date picker

It would be nice to have the Min Date and max Date feature available with date time control as its available in jQuery date picker control.Please refer to http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/#min-max

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Use Custom Redirect from Form in List Form Webpart

Please add an function to the List Form Webpart that uses the redirect from the original form (for example it redirects with parameter thas was filled in in the form) ... List Form Web part use only his own redirect from web part properties after submit

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form Filling Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Patrick.

So you would want to redirect within the iFrame of the web part? Or are you expecting the browser window to redirect from the host page of web part? Let us know in the comments section below.

Cheers,
    Euan

14. Decision control outcome values

Hello Nintex,

Currently when we edit the Task form in Nintex with custom outcomes, if we need to do any validation based on what outcome the user is selected, the only way to do it is to check the values of Decision control. There are only 2 ways to do this which is not correct as you would have to do it on every environment where we deploy (which makes it more error prone)
    1] Check dbo.ConfiguredOutcomes and get the value for the Decision control and add any validations based on this outcome value.
    2] RUn the workflow (even on…

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow SharePoint spell checking to be turned off so that built in browser/OS spell check can be used

Current SharePoint spell check capability is clunky and less capable than the spell check built in to modern browsers/OSs.

Would be good to have option to turn off SP spell check and use browser/OS spell check instead.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support Language Translation Services for Forms

Allow forms to integrate with language translation services. Currently the only way I can find to support multiple languages (English, Spanish, Cantonese, etc.) is to create multiple forms.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. date formatting

being able to set the date format to lessen any confusion around months and days for those global companies that deal with DD/MM/YY and MM/DD/YY https://jqueryui.com/datepicker/#date-formats

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. date range picker for two datetime columns: start and end dates

In many cases, users have to reinvent the wheel of connected date pickers, the convenience of filling such data and validation thereof. My suggestion is that Nintex provide a built-in 'date-range-picker' such as those on airline or hotel booking websites where you use the same multi-month calendar for both start and end dates, and the picker also supports max and min dates, the feature requested here: http://nintex.uservoice.com/forums/229406-2-nintex-forms-for-sharepoint/suggestions/5923550-we-have-an-application-form-developed-using-nintex

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Display a temporary default value until clicked

I'd like to have a temporary value displayed until a user clicks a form field - like the form I'm filling out right now does. It says "Describe your idea..." until I click it, then that text disappears and I can type my value. It would be MUCH better than the floating tooltip used now.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Keith. Universal Forms now includes placeholder text and will also include default value text options when released.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

20. Allow fill-in choices for Managed Metadata fields

Right now, Nintex forms do not provide fill-in choices as seen here: http://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/o365/O365Forms/FormControls/ManagedMetadata.htm

I would like Nintex to support fill-in submissions to MM fields.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base