2 - Nintex Forms for SharePoint

This forum is open to any ideas and feedback for all of our on-premises Nintex Forms products, including 2010 and 2013.

- The Nintex Forms team

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List Item Attachment for Task Forms

I like the idea of having Task Form per task ( Request Data , Request REview ..etc) and the assigned user can update the parent list as list columns are available in the task form except for Attachments.

Please add the ability to add/update attachments of the list item from tasks form.

376 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently building the functionality to see List Item attachments in Task Forms for New Responsive Forms for Office365.

This functionality will also be included in the New Responsive Forms for SharePoint when it is released.

Cheers,
    Euan

2. More advanced filtering for connected lookup controls

Lookup controls allow filtering as shown in the attached screenshot. Filtering however is limited to one field.
    I would love to be able te filter on multiple fields with (multiple) AND/OR operators.

281 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show only unique values with Lookups

If we could include the option to include only unique values when building a lookup control it'd be swell!

I.e. I have a list of Departments with their corresponding Group. Each Group has multiple Departments, so there are multiple lines of each Group in the list. I want to be able to show only the unique values for Group when I build a lookup!

227 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Captcha for Forms

A Captcha control is needed, especially for those forms that are published to Nintex Live that allow anonymous access.

This will prevent spam form instances.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion Vadim. As we are currently building Universal Forms for Office 365, SharePoint and Nintex Workflow Cloud, we are considering how we move forward with Live Forms with all the Nintex Infrastructure.

We currently support Google reCaptcha in Nintex Forms for Nintex Workflow Cloud which may suit your needs as the platform supports anonymous forms and pushing data to different systems.

Cheers,
    Euan

5. SQL Request Control - Multiple Fields in Query Results

In its "Run Now" option, the SQL Request control can use SQL queries returning multiple results. Even a query such as
    SELECT * FROM tableName is valid.

However, same SQL Request control fails to parse data when having multiple fields.

In Nintex Forms 2013 Help document, last updated on Friday January 2016, Nintex gives an example of:

select FirstName, EmployeeID from Employees where Title like 'Title'

This query fails since we're asking for 2 fields, FirstName and EmployeeID.

In its current version, returning single result, we have to send a query for each field we need.
    This makes a lot…

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Returning a data set rather than a single value is something we have discussed internally and are interested to explore. We will be revisiting how we query for data as we are building Universal Forms.

6. IsMemberOfGroup Inline Function Enhancement

It would be awesome of IsMemberOfGroup supported AD Groups as well as SharePoint groups. Many business requirements want to leverage the existing groups in the AD, so creating another group in SharePoint simply to replicate an existing group to get this working adds administrative overhead. This could be a big win when permissioning forms panels and showing/hiding controls based on memberships to AD Groups.

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Managed Metadata controls in Repeated Section

Currently it is not supported to place a Managed Metadata control in a Repeated Section. My client uses Managed Metadata for key business Term Sets and it would be very useful to lift restrictions around how these can be referenced in Forms.

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We want to add more controls to the repeating section and this is something we are working on with Universal Forms.

In the future we should be able to support most controls in the repeating section.

I will update this feature when I can confirm this will be available in Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

9. SQL Request Control - Trigger SQL request on button click

Trigger SQL request on button click without save or submit the form.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cascading Dropdown - Set Default Value if only one option available

When you use the technique for cascading drop down controls if the second control only has 1 value available set this as the default display value within the control.

Users shouldn't have to open up the second control to select the value.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add option to hide controls (such as bottons) when printing to pdf

Currently (Nintex 2013 I cannot hide controls for printing (e.g. buttons such as print, close, etc.) Would be good to have a common property like "isBeingPrinted"in the formula builder that could be used to hide the element.

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

As we are currently building Universal Forms, we are considering how the buttons appear on the form and in the ribbon. We are taking a very minimal approach to the ribbon.

If you have any more feedback, please provide it in the comments section below.

Cheers,
    Euan

12. Add Single Line of Text to List Lookup Functionality

Here's the scenario:

List Lookup: Project.

Now, based on that project, I want to set fields to display: Project Manager; Location; Budget.

And, more importantly, I need this to work on Nintex Mobile, and offline.

Right now, I address this by using a concatenated string of all data that my List Lookup connects to, and then I RegEx out each piece.

It works, but, it's stupid, and also it looks gross. In my list dropdown I see things like "Project: 123456; Manager: Rhia; Budget: $5,000; Location: Vancouver;" -- not a good UX.

I know I can populate a dropdown with…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Rhia.

With the new rules engine in Universal Forms, we are certainly thinking about how we could achieve this functionality.

I will update this idea when we have begun development on the List Lookup control and is integrated with the rules engine in Universal Forms.

Cheers,
    Euan

13. Multi-select Drop Down

It would be awesome to have the ability to do do multi-selects on a choice control that was being displayed as a drop down menu with the ability to check off the selected items (place small check boxes next to each item). I know that other multi-select options are available, but sometimes a drop down is required which currently lacks the multi-select ability.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Possibility to insert a Digital Signature in a Nintex Form

In Word you have a nice option to insert a Digital Signature. Right now you are losing that option when you migrate your Word forms to Nintex Forms. There was a great add-on for this ;)

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Auke,

Within Universal Forms, we now have a digital signature for web and mobile.

Would a signautre control fulfill this requirement, or do you require a digital signature file upload?

Please provide more feedback in the comments section below.

Thanks,
    Euan

15. Lookup function available when building expressions in control settings

In control settings, it is possible to build expressions to the following fields, for example :
    - Default value
    - Visible
    - Enabled
    - Text for add row icon
    - Prevent add/delete in new/edit mode
    When building expressions, it is possible to add inline functions. But in the available inline functions, there's not the Lookup or parseLookup or userProfileLookup function which are available when building rules (formatting or validation).

On the contrary, when building rules, there's not the DoesMemberExistInAudience or IsMemberOfGroup functions which are available when building expressions in control settings.

It would be so great to have…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Caroline. As we are building Universal Forms, we are very aware of this limitation and looking at how we can address through the new technology.

I will update this feature when we ship Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

16. Change Content Type form control available on the Create New Form like standard SharePoint form on multiple content types

Change Content Type form control should be available on the Create New Form like standard SharePoint form on multiple content type selection

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "in-the-box" solution for signatures on responsive forms?

Any way of implementing this in the responsive form (the code by Wisam Fawzi or equivalent) as a "in-the-box" solution for signatures on responsive forms?

ie.https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2016/02/26/extending-nintex-mobile-signature-control-to-desktopbrowser

We need an in-house solution for putting signatures on forms without resorting to Adobe Sign. We also wish to put Javascript in responsive forms (for things like signatures and embedding pictures in mobile forms). Have looked through forums and found various posts regarding the issue and do not wish to go back to back to the classic design.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Steven, we have developed a web based signature control that will be included in Universal Forms. This will allow you to sign on either web or mobile and use the file object (not base64 string) as an image into docgen.

I will update this feature when we release Universal Forms for SharePoint.

Cheers,
    Euan

18. Add Publishing Columns support

Hi.
    Please add a support of the Publishing Image, Publishing HTML and Publishing Hyperlink columns:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/sharepoint-help/add-publishing-columns-to-content-types-lists-or-libraries-HA102898575.aspx

Thank you.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Insert link enhancements

Would be great to have the Nintex interface provide the option to set the Open in New Window option like standard SharePoint rich text editor does. Also, the Nintex Insert Link option doesn't keep the text you've highlighted prior to selecting to insert a link. Means retyping the link text a second time if you've already typed it out in the body of your content.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Form controls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion. In Universal Forms, the Label control (which includes Rich Text) allows you to insert a link. All links will now open in a new browser tab.

If there is something else you would like to see, please let me know in the comments section below.

Cheers,
    Euan

20. Get Attachment Count

SP2013 & 2016.

We are very happy to have received Attachments in Repeating Sections - this is a great advancement - however, the JavaScript we were using previously is not functional in these scenarios.

We require a way - in all cases - to count the number of attachments. We may have multiple attachment controls on a form, and they may or may not be in repeating sections.

Please add this functionality as soon as possible so we can stop using JavaScript for the old forms, and so we have a way to handle Repeating Section attachments!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base